antonyfirst

Headphoneus Supremus
Products - HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

It seems the graph of a pregnant woman.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #2 of 132
Looks like a DAAARRKKK sounding IEM. There was a thread here somewhere about how inconsistant the Headroom graphs are.... Is this what the IE8s really sound like?

Jan 7, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #4 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like a DAAARRKKK sounding IEM. There was a thread here somewhere about how inconsistant the Headroom graphs are.... Is this what the IE8s really sound like?

Actually the graph is consistent with most reports.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #7 of 132
I still think their graphs are little inconsistent and biased!

Jan 8, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #8 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what the hell happened to all the other phones that used to be on the list? wanna compare to stuff i have

Me too, but....

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still think their graphs are little inconsistent and biased!

X2

Who knows for sure whether or not the IE8 they tested was burned in (my guess is it wasn't)? Plus when they had the SE530 on their list, the graph said that it could hit +10 dB down to 0 Hz.

Riiiight....

EDIT: The reason I mentioned burn-in was because several IE8 owners mentioned that the bass/mid-bass decreases in quantity and tightens up after burn-in.

Jan 8, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #9 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me too, but....

X2

Who knows for sure whether or not the IE8 they tested was burned in (my guess is it wasn't)? Plus when they had the SE530 on their list, the graph said that it could hit +10 dB down to 0 Hz.

Riiiight....

EDIT: The reason I mentioned burn-in was because several IE8 owners mentioned that the bass/mid-bass decreases in quantity and tightens up after burn-in.

well their graph for the 530s is more of less how my ears felt, just deep smooth and controlled all the way down, whether it was totally accurate or not they have the best bass ever in my opinion.

even if their graphs arent totally spot on they better than no graphs

Jan 8, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #10 of 132
I think their in-ear monitor graphs are very good, while full size headphones graph didn't correspond much to what I heard. But it's expectable, as in ears bypass the outer ear's sound conditioning, which is harder to model in a fake head.

Jan 8, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #11 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well their graph for the 530s is more of less how my ears felt, just deep smooth and controlled all the way down, whether it was totally accurate or not they have the best bass ever in my opinion.

Wow, the best? What do you think of the IE8's bass?

Jan 8, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #13 of 132
Doesn't charting the frequency response of an IEM like the IE8 depend on the tips used and how they sit in a person's ear? It would seem to me that would be even harder to mimic that with over the ear phones.

Jan 8, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #14 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesn't charting the frequency response of an IEM like the IE8 depend on the tips used and how they sit in a person's ear? It would seem to me that would be even harder to mimic that with over the ear phones.

And perhaps the stage of the burn in too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back