[Senn IE8] Best graph evar!
Jan 9, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #31 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sound-stage and imaging! The best I have heard in an earphone. I would say on par or better than Yuin OK1.
I know, Hiflight liked IE8 very much for its imaging.

This is very interesting and makes me intrigued in trying future models of the IE series, when they decide to get rid of the big bass bloat.

Jan 10, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #32 of 132
What was Sennheiser's last high-end IEM? Before the IE8, I honestly hadn't heard too much about high-end Sennheiser IEMs before. How often do they refresh their IEM line?

I wonder if they'll continue to use dynamic drivers....

Jan 10, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #34 of 132
Maybe. Maybe....

My last dynamic driver IEM was the v-moda Vibe, and I am failing to forget what it sounded like now (obviously not that good to me if I sent it back
biggrin.gif
)....

I can't wait for my IE8....

Jan 10, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #35 of 132
Balanced sound is not for IE8 I guess.

Jan 10, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #36 of 132
Like, I know the graph may lead one to believe it's unbalanced, and no I haven't heard it yet, but I've asked many IE8 owners about balance specifically and they claim it isn't a problem. Now yes I have heard of people saying they're unbalanced, but even many of those people say that despite being unbalanced, they're enjoyable.

More often than not, from what I've read, people don't seem to have a huge issue with it.

Jan 10, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #38 of 132
Oh, I know balance != enjoyableness. I'm just saying that if you haven't heard them, it's not a good reason to rule them out.

Jan 10, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #40 of 132
I actually heard the IE7 was quite good, even when compared with the IE8. $110? You probably made a good choice.

Jan 10, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #41 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, I know balance != enjoyableness. I'm just saying that if you haven't heard them, it's not a good reason to rule them out.

What he said.

I don't think balance is a problem with the IE8's, and I think the graph presents an exaggerated picture of what one hears. Personally, I have always found that the best way to judge how something sounds to you is to listen to it. I think that listening is better than looking at a graph prepared by someone you don't know under unknown conditions -- conditions that may not mirror the conditions under which you listen (e.g., tip size, etc.).

I had this really great cookie tonight from a local bakery. Great taste and texture. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I did not ask them for a list of measured ingredients to see if I really enjoyed it as much as I thought.
darthsmile.gif

Ok, I'm being silly. But I think there's a point in there somewhere.

Jan 10, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #42 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What he said.

I don't think balance is a problem with the IE8's, and I think the graph presents an exaggerated picture of what one hears. Personally, I have always found that the best way to judge how something sounds to you is to listen to it. I think that listening is better than looking at a graph prepared by someone you don't know under unknown conditions -- conditions that may not mirror the conditions under which you listen (e.g., tip size, etc.).

I had this really great cookie tonight from a local bakery. Great taste and texture. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I did not ask them for a list of measured ingredients to see if I really enjoyed it as much as I thought.
darthsmile.gif

Ok, I'm being silly. But I think there's a point in there somewhere.

i think the bold says it all. it is true that other phones may actually produce a more balanced sound however, with such small transducers, those extra emphasies in the bass and better extension in the treble probably make an interesting very natural sound despite being pregnant.

one cannot rule out though that if a tested graph reveals that and all phones are tested under the same conditions, those graphs have truth to tell.

Jan 10, 2009 at 7:49 AM Post #44 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordofbahamut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what a shame that I didnt wait that long for IE8, just a 110$ more, I could have own the flagship. I'm stucked with IE7 which, hardly any1 talked about. It is a good phone though, loving it but still craving for listening to IE8.

Its not bad...its also a high end IEM ..just toned down version of IE8..

and i like it better because it doesnt have Bass control..which means actual bass..and its cheaper.

i think IE7 is gonna be my next IEM.

Jan 10, 2009 at 8:35 AM Post #45 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its not bad...its also a high end IEM ..just toned down version of IE8..

and i like it better because it doesnt have Bass control..which means actual bass..and its cheaper.

i think IE7 is gonna be my next IEM.

Now Bass control of IE8!!?? I always wonder why Senn engineers bothered to do that, unless it is a disguised semi open port to improve imaging and sound-stage?? Being their top of line IEM, IE8 is not designed only for bass-head segment?????!!! Even with lowest setting it pumps loads of bass. At least they have not pretended to have a balanced IEM in their design. Bit of conflict in logic!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back