[Senn IE8] Best graph evar!
Jan 9, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #17 of 132
I thought IE8 graph shouldn't be consistant because of the burn in story...it looks pretty dark though..

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:33 AM Post #19 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, the best? What do you think of the IE8's bass?

well i havent heard them yet, but i know from the tfi 10 that i dont like the punchyness of theirs from comments i think the ie8 may have similar. is only a matter of time before i end up getting the ie8 but my fear about them having too much and too punchy bass isnt accelerating the purchasing process.

but yes the se530 of all ive heard is easily the best bass for me, its exactly how i want the bass to be on everything.

Jan 9, 2009 at 12:41 PM Post #20 of 132
biggrin.gif

graphCompare.php

I am sure now that they met that pregnant lady, when they tested IE8 just out of the box. It doesn't serve justice to these curvy sexy girls!!!
bigsmile_face.gif

After I took them out of the box, I was worried as the tone profile was so reminiscent of the pregnant lady. I thought I was married to a pregnant lady!!

But I can't help falling in love with these sexy babies, after she delivered the baby and having some heavy work out!!! Now in its 50th hour.

Jan 9, 2009 at 12:49 PM Post #21 of 132
untitled-1.jpg

Jan 9, 2009 at 12:57 PM Post #23 of 132
Well!! we will see after more work out! But seriously the Bass of the IE8 is unique. When it comes to bass lean tracks like classic music it does not give much emphasis as curve suggests. And it does not smear and cloud the mids and rest of the music too.
But when you play HIPHOP or reggae like bass heavy genres it goes insane, but still with quality bass.

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #25 of 132
well the IE8 didnt sound anything like the Graph..they didnt play it with minimum Bass ..

it was warm indeed..but not dark..the Highs had the sparkle and crash of a dynamic headphone.

thats all i can say.

Jan 9, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #26 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by lelek45 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To my ears they sound exactly how this graph looks like. Huge midbass, and huge midbass again.

Has it been burnt in? I see you have OK1. If you compare IE8 to OK1's tone profile, I agree it is dark. And skewed to the bassy side of the OK1s profile. But with burning I see there is a significant change in treble region. It has energy and sparkle now. But not reaching the heights of TF10, which I think a little coloured in the high frequency region. If IE8 has less mid bass than now (at 50 hrs of burning point), it will be alright in bass region. It would be still bassy compared to very flat and neutral bass response of OK1 like phones. But though it is little bloated, it has quality fast and punchy bass. The bass doesn't affect the performance of the other frequencies at all! It can not be called boomy!
The bass is not in my liking too. I like OK1 type sound profiles, mainly for classical and acoustic music. I still think OK1 need little more low extension in the sub-bass region. Then it would have been perfect.

Jan 9, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #27 of 132
Kaush, lelek's pair are already burned in. In fact, he was the first one to talk about changes with burned in IE8, that I remember.

Jan 9, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #28 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like OK1 type sound profiles, mainly for classical and acoustic music. I still think OK1 need little more low extension in the sub-bass region. Then it would have been perfect.

I agree: the OK1 are very nice but have zero deep bass extention. They would also need 3-4 dB's less in the cymbals region to achieve the perfect neutrality.

Jan 9, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #29 of 132
When I first listened, my problem was huge bass and treble response which lacked energy and sparkle. I mean not colouring! Natural sparkle. With diaphrams loosening up, now there is energy and sparkle. And treble is natural. No sibilance or over-activity! Much like HD650. If it improves little more in bass area and trebles is would be a wonderful IEM.
I can not let it go for one reason. Sound-stage and imaging! The best I have heard in an earphone. I would say on par or better than Yuin OK1.
I know, Hiflight liked IE8 very much for its imaging.

Jan 9, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #30 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree: the OK1 are very nice but have zero deep bass extention. They would also need 3-4 dB's less in the cymbals region to achieve the perfect neutrality.

Yes I forgot to tell. It is a tad bit coloured and harsh in lower treble registers. Sometimes can be fatiguing in long listening sessions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back