Sell almost all my gear for an Audeze LCD-2?
May 11, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #31 of 41

Quote:
Quote:
...the hell?? 550 g?..I dun need the answer to my question above anymore..no hating.for me it's too heavy..^^

Yeah they're heavier than most by a magnitude of 2 or so. I'm no strongman but I got used to the weight fast. I think it helps that most of the weight is the directed to the cups. It's all mental for me anyway. I don't want to come off sounding like a fanboy (
biggrin.gif
) but I would say don't let the weight factor stop you from at least demoing a pair.

I have arthritis in my neck and I didn't notice the weight at all.

May 11, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #32 of 41
Wow! Thanks for all the wonderful advice and feedback. I think I have decided I will keep my collection. I went back and listened to all of them earlier and I really love how each one has a different sound that gives you a different perspective of the music. Each headphone also has their use for certain genres of music I feel like listening to. I think I will miss that versatility if I were to sell most of my headphones.  I also really liked your advice WarriorAnt, and I just might upgrade my amp, dac, etc. to improve the sound I get from my current collection. I am definitely still interested in a LCD-2, but I will wait it out. Perhaps I can test them out someday as well, and see if it's really worth it for me to let go of most of my stuff just for the LCD-2. Maybe there will be a new LCD-3 out.
blink.gif
tongue_smile.gif
I enjoy what I have right now and I will just leave it at that for the moment. Thanks again for all the help! It really saved me from going through the hassle of selling all my gear, finding a used LCD-2, and finding the right amp for it which would come out to be a total that is way over my budget.
biggrin.gif

Good for you! I kinda wish I would've never purchased a pair as I loved my HD 650s and they were so comfortable! Oh well, I think I found them a new home anyway so that is good. I agree with WarriorAnt completely about getting a nice amp and then re-visiting your current cans. I'm actually quite excited at what revelations you will encounter. Be sure to post them here. Since you said at this time anyway the LCD-2 + proper amp is outside your price range this is even a more obvious decision (I know you already made it but :p). I never listened to the TPs but from everything I've read about them I don't know if you'll ever desire to "upgrade" again if you match it with a synergistic amp.

Cheers!

May 11, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #33 of 41
I have arthritis in my neck and I didn't notice the weight at all.

Wow!

I have hip problem caused by double-timing a 7 click land nav course through ~8 inch deep loose sand (separation of something) and one or the other locks forward all the time and then the problems just runs straight up my spine and with the way I don't handle stress properly as well my neck is often one big cramp.

Today though I tried acupuncture (5 in each ear) and laid back in a chair for 20 minutes or so just relaxing and allowing most of my what I've heard are called blocks to leave and I felt amazing after. Just prior to that I was constantly cracking my neck back and forth so I think I'll be doing this weekly.

Cheers!

May 14, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #36 of 41
I've had acupuncture in the ears, it's not that bad.  Nothing like the stomach points, which are deep and you can feel the needles hitting organs and things...

Jun 30, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #39 of 41

Quote:
It's like trying to relax while listening to Grados.  Except the pain from acupuncture only lasts a second. 
evil_smiley.gif

HAHA!

Sorry, I really don't have anything to contribute to this conversation, I was just searching the forums for info on amps and I've got a passing interest in orthos so I read through the thread.  To the OP: for the record, I also think you made the right choice in keeping your collection.  :)

Jun 30, 2011 at 3:57 AM Post #40 of 41

Quote:
HAHA!

Sorry, I really don't have anything to contribute to this conversation, I was just searching the forums for info on amps and I've got a passing interest in orthos so I read through the thread.  To the OP: for the record, I also think you made the right choice in keeping your collection.  :)

Haha thanks. I am pretty glad I kept my collection, and now I'm working on upgrading the amp and DAC I have.

Jun 30, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #41 of 41
The Audeze MSRP is a bit under 1k.  Get a second job to fund for your "want" then pay it off in 2/3 months so you can keep all what you have. I am kind of old school and I develop sentimental attachment to my stuff. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back