Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier
May 22, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #736 of 1,986
Coming from another member who was expecting their order to ship late Feburary early March I'm right behind some of the sentiment expressed in the comments above. One thing that I think would of helped a lot is if they dated the comments they add to the product pages. So instead of reading " product will ship in 2-4 weeks." It would read something like "product will ship in 2-4 weeks from 5/22/15, order placed past that shipping period may be delayed based on availability." Or something to that affect. Another Thing I found frustrating is the continual incorrect time frame quotes. If they new the Rag wasn't up for production until after the yggi they should have included that in their note back in March or earlier and included a more realistic quote. They knew Yggi's weren't going out till mid/late April and could have assumed a 1-2 month turn around and quoted a new ship date for the Rag of late May/Early June there and then. It's much safer to tell your costumer up front that they should expect a long wait and give the possibility to meet or exceed that date vs telling them they'll have a short wait and constantly break that commitment. Anyhow I hope everyone who's waiting for the second batch gets their Rag shipped out soon I have a feeling the angst will disappear once the music starts playing.

May 22, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #738 of 1,986
I feel for the dudes who are waiting for the BHSE's and GSX Mk II's..   
blink.gif
   you lot have got it easy.........   
wink_face.gif

May 22, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #739 of 1,986
 I feel you guys' pain. My Rag took 50 days to arrive (I ordered first day.) But my JHA Roxannes took six and a half months from order to ear - just for perspective..

Quote:
  I feel for the dudes who are waiting for the BHSE's and GSX Mk II's..   
blink.gif
   you lot have got it easy.........   
wink_face.gif

TBH I'm not really sure how that's relevant. 

The problem isn't the wait. The problem is Schiit seems to have a problem with being able to estimate their capability to make products, and have also blatantly lied to customers regarding delivery times (Ordered in March, said 2-4 weeks. NO WAY they thought that was true when people had already been waiting that long prior to my order.)

If they were up front and said it would be potentially 3 months to be delivered, I simply wouldn't have placed an order for their product. 

May 22, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #740 of 1,986

The problem isn't the wait. The problem is Schiit seems to have a problem with being able to estimate their capability to make products, and have also blatantly lied to customers regarding delivery times (Ordered in March, said 2-4 weeks. NO WAY they thought that was true when people had already been waiting that long prior to my order.)

If they were up front and said it would be potentially 3 months to be delivered, I simply wouldn't have placed an order for their product.

I have to agree here(except the not placing the order). Normally, the transparency displayed by Schiit is great....but this time I think they fell short. Heck, even Jason told me at Canjam SoCal that he thought they would start shipping a week later. That was......well...many many  weeks ago.

Nonetheless, I'll wait because it's that....or cancel the order, which I wont do.

May 22, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #741 of 1,986

Yeah, that's not good. Is there no way to cancel your order? When my order for Centrance M8 was not shipped as expected, I've cancelled my order and went for Theorem 720 instead.

May 22, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #742 of 1,986
Yeah, BSHE and GX guys know the wait is that long from the get go and decide to order regardless. Some people ordered the Rag for maybe a specific event or something and they failed to deliver with that time.

Another thing is that the company themselves haven't taken any initiative to let us know about the wait. The only way to know is either coming here or emailing them.

May 23, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #744 of 1,986
Like the rest of you, I am waiting for my Rag to arrive. I am certainly upset about the lack of upfront honesty on the time frame. But I still would have ordered anyway. I have 6 products from Schiit and love them all. At least when I was waiting on the Schiit Mani, it was clear it wasn't going to be done with it's second run for a while.

May 24, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #745 of 1,986
  Like the rest of you, I am waiting for my Rag to arrive. I am certainly upset about the lack of upfront honesty on the time frame. But I still would have ordered anyway. I have 6 products from Schiit and love them all. At least when I was waiting on the Schiit Mani, it was clear it wasn't going to be done with it's second run for a while.

I'm pretty happy with the Lyr and have been rolling tubes-as much as I wanted the Ragnarok 2 months ago-I realize that with custom product there may be more wait than I like. I'm used to instant gratification. 

I think one of the reasons for the quality/price of Schiit is that they stick with their designs and don't use everyday off the shelf Op Amps, etc.
In this case-they are awaiting  specific parts from another small manufacturer-which may be waiting on parts from yet another...

May 24, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #746 of 1,986
Agreed, but you can't run a business and simply shift the blame from one place to another. I know it's not an everyday product, that's one of the reasons I haven't cancelled, I still want the thing.

It's the times quoted and not delivery within it that's the issue.

May 25, 2015 at 4:00 AM Post #748 of 1,986
Agreed, but you can't run a business and simply shift the blame from one place to another. I know it's not an everyday product, that's one of the reasons I haven't cancelled, I still want the thing.

It's the times quoted and not delivery within it that's the issue.

Yes. I still want it too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back