Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier
May 28, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #754 of 2,018
This was the response i received :

Any new date we offer is only an estimate. These boards are very complex, and delays are inevitable. Any new date I could offer is subject to being changed once again. Nothing is concrete or set in stone. Since we are a small business, we do not have a board house in shop and our boards are assembled at a local board house. This puts us at the mercy of their schedule since they work with several other companies as well, and not just our own. We hope to receive the boards soon, but this is all we can say, as we do not have an exact date as to when the boards will be complete.

As a result, I immediately cancelled my order.

May 28, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #755 of 2,018
This was the response i received :
As a result, I immediately cancelled my order.

Oh, what a crushing defeat for humanity 
rolleyes.gif

May 28, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #756 of 2,018
I think we are well within our right to be upset and cancel, given their original quote (read: not an estimate.) of 2-4 weeks, 10 weeks ago. As I've said, you can't run a business and simply shift the blame from one place to another without doing anything for your customers, or at the very least contacting them and notifying them of the delay.

They ARE a small company that makes good products with a loyal fanbase bordering on fanboyism on this site. However that loyalty will soon dissipate if this continues to happen.

Isn't this like business 101? Why are people patronizing those upset? Ridiculous.

May 28, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #758 of 2,018

At least they are honest. They just don't know.

Yeah, I've been in the same situation when working for a manufacturer. What Schiit says is true. You have others build your boards and any little delay with parts availability/reliability means you cant ship your product. I think Schiit has had a stellar record of communication and transparency, but if your board house keeps telling you "two more weeks" every two weeks, then Schiit is probably as in the dark with a delivery time as the customers waiting for the 'Rag.

There are two different products from two different manufacturers that I'm very interested in right now that are backordered. (Schiit being one of them). My strategy is to just wait until stuff is in stock so I can have instant gratification. It's torture to have to wait for gear once you've laid down the Visa card. And who knows, maybe by the time these items come back in stock I'll have found something I like better.

May 28, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #759 of 2,018

At least they are honest. They just don't know.

I agree. This transparency is what has made me a fan of Schiit. To me, its odd that in this particular case they have been lacking in keeping us updated. If we look back at Yggy's countdown, Mike (Baldr) kept everyone informed. Even when there were delays, just knowing up front helped keep everyone at ease. For the 2nd run of Rag, I dont believe anyone would be bent ouf of shape if someone had just come in to say, "Hey, there are delays with the boards and we truly dont know when we will get them, but we'll keep you posted."

Alex did it once, and that was helpful and put me at ease. I would like to see it more. Just my $.02. Either way, Im happy to wait.

May 28, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #760 of 2,018
I think we are well within our right to be upset and cancel, given their original quote (read: not an estimate.) of 2-4 weeks, 10 weeks ago. As I've said, you can't run a business and simply shift the blame from one place to another without doing anything for your customers, or at the very least contacting them and notifying them of the delay.

They ARE a small company that makes good products with a loyal fanbase bordering on fanboyism on this site. However that loyalty will soon dissipate if this continues to happen.

Isn't this like business 101? Why are people patronizing those upset? Ridiculous.

Business 101 would be to increase the price until demand matches supply then "discount" later when supply is better.

Be glad they didn't do that

May 28, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #761 of 2,018
I'd like to personally thank all of you peeps who cancelled your orders, thanks to you I am now closer to getting the Ragnarok I have on order. I am in no hurry for The End of the World.

May 29, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #762 of 2,018
I'd like to personally thank all of you peeps who cancelled your orders, thanks to you I am now closer to getting the Ragnarok I have on order. I am in no hurry for The End of the World.

That's magnanimous of you! I'm still holding my order from 3/21...

Jun 1, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #763 of 2,018
One just posted for sale http://www.head-fi.org/t/770115/schiit-ragnarok-5-mos-old-like-new-great-amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back