Schiit Owners Unite
Jun 14, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #2,432 of 13,350
Quote:
Cables won't do diddly sh#t

I'd say that's a little hyperbolic.  Cables won't imbue your music or audio with magical properties, but something like the Blue Jeans RCA compared to an umarked $2 cable from an anonymous Chinese factory - I'd say there's a bit of difference, and measurements of their electrical properties certainly reflect that.  Do I see a whole lot of reason to spend MORE than you would on the Blue Jeans?  No.  But if you have solid components and want to rest easy knowing your signal is unmolested by poor design, pick some up.  Or don't.  Just dig the tunes!

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #2,434 of 13,350
Quote:
I think everyone can agree that Blue Jeans Cable makes excellent, sturdy, electrically sound cables.  They connect everything with RCA plugs in my system.  They're the preferred cable of plenty of people over at Audioholics (and here, too, I'd imagine). http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/audio/index.htm

Much Thanks.

Jun 14, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #2,437 of 13,350
Thanks for the cable recommendations. Sounds like Bluejeans is the way to go.

Jun 14, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #2,438 of 13,350
Quote:
Cables won't do diddly sh#t

tongue_smile.gif
 um, they indeed do something, because, if you don't have them, there would be no sound at all...
wink_face.gif

But on a serious note, getting a good quality cable is important, this does not mean more expensive, just good quality.

Jun 14, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #2,439 of 13,350
Jun 14, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #2,441 of 13,350
Quote:
Neither will trolling...

When is it trolling? He was responding to a specific question about whether it's worth it to pay extra for cables.

This is just my two cents, but it seems like anytime someone expresses their opinion about cables on here where they're a non-believer they're automatically trolling. If they're a cable believer they're seen as sharing their experiences because cables are SO subjective nobody will tell them they're full of BS. Aren't double standards fun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back