Schiit Owners Unite
Aug 28, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #451 of 13,350
PYST: 

Aug 28, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #454 of 13,350
Short PYST, won't reach my Schiit!!
atsmile.gif

Aug 28, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #455 of 13,350
Quote:
There isn't a clear cut answer to this. Everyone's system is different, and toslink has its pro's and con's as does USB.
 If you're on PC I prefer coaxial. Mac toslink.

I order the toslink and I got the cable.  When I tried to put the cable into my macbook.  It doesn't have anywhere put the cable.

help!

Thanks

Aug 28, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #456 of 13,350
Aug 28, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #457 of 13,350
Received my bifrost and Asgard today, to match my senn hd650.

I have one disappointment... I didn't bring the stack home with me tonight. This is my office setup and all I want to do is listen right now.

I also have some anxiety... Should I have popped for the Valhalla instead?

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #458 of 13,350
Quote:
I also have some anxiety... Should I have popped for the Valhalla instead?

Nope. Though Lyr would have been preferred.

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #459 of 13,350
Quote:
Quote:
I order the toslink and I got the cable.  When I tried to put the cable into my macbook.  It doesn't have anywhere put the cable.

help!

Thanks

It's hidden in the headphone jack.  You need an adapter like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Recoton-Fiber-Optic-Toslink-Adapter/dp/B0002MQGRM/ref=pd_cp_e_0

I'm not necessarily recommending that one. It was the first one I found.

Or exchange the cable you received for a mini-toslink to toslink, better than an adapter. Amazon doesn't carry them but if you want a glass cable like that they start at around $50. Amazon does have standard glass toslink for less than half of that though.

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #461 of 13,350
Hi !

Just received my Schiit Lyr. I never had any "tubes" amp before, so I got a silly question :

How bright the tubes has to be ? I expected they would light up almost like a.. lamp, or something, but in fact there are only 2 orange dots in each of the tube.

I wonder if this is normal ?^^

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #462 of 13,350
Quote:
Hi !

Just received my Schiit Lyr. I never had any "tubes" amp before, so I got a silly question :

How bright the tubes has to be ? I expected they would light up almost like a.. lamp, or something, but in fact there are only 2 orange dots in each of the tube.

I wonder if this is normal ?^^

Yep, it's perfectly normal. Voltage heaters differ from amp to amp.

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #463 of 13,350
Oh okay, thanks !

Just by curiosity : what happens when the tubes broke ? You can't hear the music anymore ? Or can you still drive the headphones but the sound quality is decreased ?

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #464 of 13,350
Quote:
Oh okay, thanks !

Just by curiosity : what happens when the tubes broke ? You can't hear the music anymore ? Or can you still drive the headphones but the sound quality is decreased ?

No problem.

What do you mean by broke? If they're literally shattered you couldn't possibly roll them in Lyr. 
tongue.gif

Often times a clear sign of a tube dying will be various noises, hissing, crackling, and other non describable sounds.

And no, you can't have Lyr drive headphones with no tubes in it. 
eek.gif

Most likely you'll hear it i(or not hear) on one channel, I've never had tubes simultaneously go out on me. So if no music in left or right ear
the tubes quit on ya. Or one of your headphone drivers failed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back