Schiit Owners Unite
Aug 29, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #466 of 13,350
Just received my Valhalla today and straight out of the box, it sounded great with the RS1s and decently drove my HE-5LE at volume turned up to 10.30-11 o'clock. Bass was fast and taut with good vocal imaging and soundstage. Admittedly, it sounded better with the higher sensitivity RS1s but am quite happy with it driving my orthos as well. Gonna roll some tubes to see how it affects the sound :)

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #467 of 13,350
I,m thinking of upgrading from my Lyr and Bifrostt to the Mol and Gun,  My son has a Valhalla  and  now wants a Bifrost also. If I give him my bifrost, will the new Gun sound good with my Lyr until I can afford the Mol?

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #468 of 13,350
Quote:
I,m thinking of upgrading from my Lyr and Bifrostt to the Mol and Gun,  My son has a Valhalla  and  now wants a Bifrost also. If I give him my bifrost, will the new Gun sound good with my Lyr until I can afford the Mol?

Yea, it will sound good. You just won't have the benefit of being balanced.

Aug 31, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #470 of 13,350
Quote:
Hmm...would the PYST be an upgrade over my decent monoprice  RCA cables =/

The PYST uses straight wire. Quite good cable and it's affordable, so why not?

Aug 31, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #471 of 13,350
First time I post in this forum and I'm doing it to share my experience with the Asgard I received yesterday: I'm pairing it with my Senn HD 598 and using an iStreamer as DAC and an iPod as source: previously I was using a Fiio e11 amp, which tbh sounded fairly well, maybe only a little harsh and fatiguing on high frequencies, but I really wanted a desktop solution, without being forced to silence at every battery charge :). So after reading here and there, I opted for an Asgard.

I really could not imagine how an amp can influence the quality of the sound! Suddenly the space around my ears has become enormous! The already perfect sound stage has gained way more air between instruments.
The sound is overall fantastic and never fatiguing, acquiring more clarity on all frequencies, with the tight basses that already E11 gave to me, even deeper, and adding definitely more refined highs, without any trace of harshness. It really seems to me to have a new pair of headphones, way better than the previous ones! :)

I'm really happy with this Schiit!

Sep 5, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #472 of 13,350
I can make this combo? asus xonar essence st ( use only the dac) + asgard for amp ? i need to buy additional cable? help me pllz, im noob :D
etysmile.gif

Sep 5, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #473 of 13,350
Quote:
I can make this combo? asus xonar essence st ( use only the dac) + asgard for amp ? i need to buy additional cable? help me pllz, im noob :D
etysmile.gif

You need a pair of pre-amp cables. (L/R stereo). Blue Jeans make a good value for money cable but there are literally hundreds at amazon for cheap like these.

Sep 5, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #476 of 13,350
Hey at least go for the "high quality" cheapies:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I1IG8Y/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A2GCZA90HY2BIS

I just tried a set of these and they seem pretty good.

Sep 9, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #479 of 13,350
I'm planning to buy a Lyr soon, when I save up enough money for my HE-500.

Btw, not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the FAQ page is hilarious. http://schiit.com/schiit-faq/about-lyr/

Quote:
"Why the hell do you need a 6 watt headphone amplifier?
Why the hell do you need 400 horsepower? Why the hell do you need bacon-wrapped hot dogs? Why the hell do you need anything that’s fun and exciting in life? Face it, you don’t need anything. You should renounce all your worldly possessions and become a monk."

lol'd
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back