Schiit Owners Unite
Feb 6, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #12,916 of 13,350
I believe they are stock, i received the Valhalla 2 from a member here

I didn't purchase it directly from schiit
Sounds good, @blackdragon87 ... I see you live in Vancouver (my old stomping ground [Marpole, West 4th & Macdonald, and Lougheed Mall [when there still was a Cariboo Hotel in Burquitlam]). Hoist a Granville Island Lager for me, eh.

Feb 19, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #12,919 of 13,350
Anyone know of a link to show how to open the MJ2?

I think my fuse went again and I want to try replacing it myself ... Unit is completely dead

Schiit does build videos of their gear.

I haven't seen one for that amp but if you watch those videos that can be very helpful.

Feb 20, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #12,920 of 13,350
This stack of Schiit has been gradually building up on my desk...

gHey1pS.jpg

Schiit EITR (hiding behind the guitar strap) ->
Schiit Modi Multibit ->
Schiit LOKI Mini ->
Schiit Saga ->
Schiit Lyr 3

...this rig is the Schiit!

:D

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #12,921 of 13,350
This stack of Schiit has been gradually building up on my desk...

gHey1pS.jpg

Schiit EITR (hiding behind the guitar strap) ->
Schiit Modi Multibit ->
Schiit LOKI Mini ->
Schiit Saga ->
Schiit Lyr 3

Niiiiice... especially the Grado headphones, hehe :)

Feb 20, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #12,922 of 13,350
I guess I should drop a line here. I grabbed a Fulla 2 a few months back once I started using an actual nice set of earbuds at work. It was a pretty solid improvement in noise reduction over the standard headphone jack out of the computer. That led me to purchase my HE4XX which just blew me out of the water with sound stage and channel separation. That really gave me the itch so I picked up Vali 2 with a few spare tubes last week. I have been running the Fulla 2 as a DAC into the Vali 2 with the stock tube and so far I'm pretty happy with it. Interestingly, I have been A/B-ing the setup vs. just the Fulla 2 and I literally can't tell the difference once I've matched the volume. Either the Fulla 2 is the limit of the system or the stock tube I got is super transparent. Either way, my system sounds good and I'm a happy Schiithead.

Feb 20, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #12,924 of 13,350
Niiiiice... especially the Grado headphones, hehe :)

Thanks!

Both Grado headphones have Symphones Magnum V8 drivers installed. The aluminum cup set (top/right - cups from an early SR325) is an amazing headphone, a huge step up from the SR325e that got me started on Grado headphones.

The other set have Mahogany cups and a warmer tonality. I have two other Grado type headphones - one with Rosewood cups and one with Korina cups. I've also built two Grado type headphones using Angsana wood cups - easy the best sounding headphones of all the wood cupped sets I've built to date. Sadly, both were built as gifts for others (thankfully, my son has one of those headphones and he still lives at home :) ).

The aluminum cupped set is still my favorite of the bunch but the Angsana set is a very close second. I am patiently looking for another set of Angsana wood cups....

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #12,927 of 13,350
Dropping back into the forums for the first time in a while. Went to Can Jam expecting to be sold on a new pair of headphones (and I almost was... but I can't afford the ether 2 at $2k). Instead I walked away super impressed with Schiit's stuff. I've used a modi 2 U going into an Asgard 2 as my desktop solution for years, but recently that had been supplanted by by ifi micro idsd BL. Hearing schiit's stuff at the show made me switch back over to the modi and asgard combo and, I don't know, maybe I just have a thing for class A but it's just so solid and full sounding. I decided to step up my game a little bit and just ordered a bifrost 2 multibit. Excited to hear how it sounds with the Asgard 2 and if it will be a big improvement over the modi 2 u. Anyway, happy listening everyone

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #12,928 of 13,350
Going back just a bit, I have question for the owners who were discussing the click between tracks with the Yggy--does it happen between every single track when using a CD transport as a source? As in, can you play a disc through without a clicking sound between every track? Or is it a computer audio thing?

I currently own a Modi Multibit (which is flat-out great already) and am planning to jump straight to my end game with the Yggy. I will be using a CD transport (Rotel RCD-1072) as my only source. The clicking gives me pause about making the investment if it's going to affect every disc I play.

Thanks for your input!

Feb 20, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #12,929 of 13,350
I've never heard a click between tracks once a disc starts playing. My Emotiva ERC-3 never causes my Yggy 1 (A) to click at anytime and it's only 44.1 and won't play or output anything else. My NuPrime CDT-8 does click most times at load up of the disc with my Yggy 2(B) but never between tracks, it has a select-able sampling rate converter so maybe that's why.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #12,930 of 13,350
I guess I should drop a line here. I grabbed a Fulla 2 a few months back once I started using an actual nice set of earbuds at work. It was a pretty solid improvement in noise reduction over the standard headphone jack out of the computer. That led me to purchase my HE4XX which just blew me out of the water with sound stage and channel separation. That really gave me the itch so I picked up Vali 2 with a few spare tubes last week. I have been running the Fulla 2 as a DAC into the Vali 2 with the stock tube and so far I'm pretty happy with it. Interestingly, I have been A/B-ing the setup vs. just the Fulla 2 and I literally can't tell the difference once I've matched the volume. Either the Fulla 2 is the limit of the system or the stock tube I got is super transparent. Either way, my system sounds good and I'm a happy Schiithead.
Welcome to the Sisterhood & Brotherhood of (Aural) Mutants. If you want to start rolling tubes, start monitoring the following thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/vali-2-tube-rolling.793982/page-124#post-14788941

@LuczOr ... We're all quite mad here. Welcome. :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back