Schiit Owners Unite
Feb 21, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #12,932 of 13,350
I'm CD only and have no experience with D/L music but if a playlist is put together that has different sample rates it sounds feasible. You could try and inquire at Schiit, they could probably give you a more authoritative answer.

Feb 21, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #12,933 of 13,350
FLTWS, you're right that I should go straight to the source and talk to Schiit. And let's hear it for keeping the humble CD alive and kicking! I've tried Tidal and am in the process of unloading my vinyl and analog setup. I just prefer putting a silver disc on, sitting back, and not having to deal with a computer or fussing over TT setup. And multibit sounds good enough (even with the Mimby!), I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

Feb 22, 2019 at 7:04 AM Post #12,934 of 13,350
Hey guys, looking to find an amp from Schiit's line-up (Magni - Valhalla) or might just get the THX AAA789

i intend to use Mojo as DAC but alternatively, if say the Jotunheim (or another model) has a better DAC, i'm open to that option too

cans i'd like to drive: 650, LCD series , HD800S

thanks all =)

Feb 22, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #12,935 of 13,350
Good morning @Focux ! folks! Happy Friday!

Hey guys, looking to find an amp from Schiit's line-up (Magni - Valhalla) or might just get the THX AAA789

i intend to use Mojo as DAC but alternatively, if say the Jotunheim (or another model) has a better DAC, i'm open to that option too

thanks all =)

Are you planning on hooking up to SPEAKERS down the road? I have been using a Valhalla 2 with Grado and Beyer cans... but whenever I feel like using the speakers, I really like the ability to use it as a pre-amp, feeding an EL34 tube power amp!

My source is coming from the computer (mostly .AIFFs from CDs) and Bifrost (old generation), and I am super happy with this setup!

Might be worth keeping that in mind!
Cheers!

Feb 22, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #12,936 of 13,350

thanks all =)

You might be looking for something a little higher end, but I am very happy with my Asgard 2. Owned it for years and it consistently performs well under a variety of circumstances and from different sources (from fiio mobile sources, to using my micro idsd black label as a source, to my modi 2 uber). I would recommend it if you like solid state stuff; it's definitely not warm sounding to my ears. That said, it's not overly detailed or clinical either, and it's certainly not "cold" sounding. It's a good all-rounder, and it's priced right.

Feb 22, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #12,937 of 13,350
Good morning @Focux ! folks! Happy Friday!

Are you planning on hooking up to SPEAKERS down the road? I have been using a Valhalla 2 with Grado and Beyer cans... but whenever I feel like using the speakers, I really like the ability to use it as a pre-amp, feeding an EL34 tube power amp!

My source is coming from the computer (mostly .AIFFs from CDs) and Bifrost (old generation), and I am super happy with this setup!

Might be worth keeping that in mind!
Cheers!

hey thanks guys,

no i don't intend to use speakers. ideally i like my music true to what it was recorded or how it was intended to sound. it's either i spend more now on the amp or dac or just go straight to higher end cans and use my mojo w it for the time being (leaning towards this).

Feb 22, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #12,938 of 13,350
FLTWS, you're right that I should go straight to the source and talk to Schiit. And let's hear it for keeping the humble CD alive and kicking! I've tried Tidal and am in the process of unloading my vinyl and analog setup. I just prefer putting a silver disc on, sitting back, and not having to deal with a computer or fussing over TT setup. And multibit sounds good enough (even with the Mimby!), I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

Just the surface noise.

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #12,939 of 13,350
This stack of Schiit has been gradually building up on my desk...

gHey1pS.jpg

Schiit EITR (hiding behind the guitar strap) ->
Schiit Modi Multibit ->
Schiit LOKI Mini ->
Schiit Saga ->
Schiit Lyr 3

heh, the white led's make for a nice lens flair effect! cool pic!

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #12,940 of 13,350

thanks all =)
Schiit Amp especially Valhalla 2 with Chord Mojo is going to be little bright for 800s. But will sound good with 650 and LCD because of warmer nature of headphones.
My THX will be delivered in May so I can't comment on that at this point of time.

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #12,941 of 13,350
heh, the white led's make for a nice lens flair effect! cool pic!

Thanks! :)

This was an unexpected result (I know nothing about photography) but really like the effect. It draws the eyes to the intended subject of the picture, and away from the terribly fuzzy headphones in the background.

Feb 22, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #12,942 of 13,350
hey thanks guys,

no i don't intend to use speakers. ideally i like my music true to what it was recorded or how it was intended to sound. it's either i spend more now on the amp or dac or just go straight to higher end cans and use my mojo w it for the time being (leaning towards this).
@Focux ... I love my brushed-aluminum Schiit boxes; however, if I had to make a choice, I'd buy better headphones over another DAC or headamp (superior end product [sound]). I've heard good things about the Mojo (it has all those weird and wonderful coloured buttons the the side right?). Let us know what you end up with, eh.

My next headphone will be a planar magnetic. I then have the 'holy trinity': (a closed-back) + (an HD650 )+ (a can with a different driver technology). I'm really satisfied with my two Schiit amps... they allow me to play & mix-and-match! :smile_phones:

Feb 22, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #12,944 of 13,350
@Focux ... I love my brushed-aluminum Schiit boxes; however, if I had to make a choice, I'd buy better headphones over another DAC or headamp (superior end product [sound]). I've heard good things about the Mojo (it has all those weird and wonderful coloured buttons the the side right?). Let us know what you end up with, eh.

My next headphone will be a planar magnetic. I then have the 'holy trinity': (a closed-back) + (an HD650 )+ (a can with a different driver technology). I'm really satisfied with my two Schiit amps... they allow me to play & mix-and-match! :smile_phones:

Hahaha I agree w you on the above..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back