Schiit Owners Unite
Feb 1, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #12,901 of 13,350
The click/tack sound between songs is something I really dislike about my YGGY. The sound interrupts the flow and take me "out of the music". They blame the source but that seems like blaming the victim to me. Most other DACs don't have a loud relay that clicks with every bitrate change.

Feb 1, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #12,902 of 13,350
The click/tack sound between songs is something I really dislike about my YGGY. The sound interrupts the flow and take me "out of the music". They blame the source but that seems like blaming the victim to me. Most other DACs don't have a loud relay that clicks with every bitrate change.
That was my initial reaction.
Now I am used to it and it doesn't phase me.

Feb 3, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #12,903 of 13,350
I actually like it, I know its workin with out looking.

Also I listen to albums so bit-rate changes isn't really a thing for me.
Mostly redbook direct or flac, but even with Qobuz high-rez I listen to whole albums.

Guess I'm old school:wink:

Feb 3, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #12,905 of 13,350
I just like to chime in here on that and say that I love my Schiit

My Lyr 2 is an outstanding headphone amplifier.

My Jotunheim is also an outstanding headphone amplifier and preamplifier.

I most certainly enjoy both and they sound completely different.

And of course I love my Yggdrasil, I will keep it forever. :beerchug::ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #12,906 of 13,350

It doesn't do that with every source (software?)... between tracks would be annoying!

In my case piCorePlayer does not click between tracks, also if sticking to all 44/16 even between albums it's always silent. However, if set to close the digital output (even after a delay)... it causes the Yggdrasil to click between tracks and all over the place.
I do like the click when going to 24/96 etc!

Maybe that could be a hint as to possible settings & experiment, or add a pi/piCorePlayer/digioneSig as a 2nd source!

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #12,907 of 13,350
Fellow Schiit Owners,
I recently acquired a Schiit Lyr 1 (230v version). I was wondering if anyone knew of an internal jumper that exists that could convert the Schiit Lyr 1 from 230v to 115v(For use in the USA). I could send it into Schiit for a conversion but if the change is as simple as switching a jumper, I could open the box up and handle it myself.. Does anyone know?

Feb 4, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #12,908 of 13,350
Fellow Schiit Owners,
I recently acquired a Schiit Lyr 1 (230v version). I was wondering if anyone knew of an internal jumper that exists that could convert the Schiit Lyr 1 from 230v to 115v(For use in the USA). I could send it into Schiit for a conversion but if the change is as simple as switching a jumper, I could open the box up and handle it myself.. Does anyone know?

I'm pretty sure you're going to have to rewire that transformer to 115 vac. I doubt that there is any sort of jumper.

I have taken apart my Lyr for cleaning and just to look at it and I saw no way to do that.

Certainly email Schiitt, but I doubt they'd be willing to tell you how to do it because of liability.

You may have to send it to them.

I love my Lyr2 too by the way, so it's definitely worth it to do something.

Feb 4, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #12,909 of 13,350
Fellow Schiit Owners,

I believe that Jason has said they will do the conversion on a case by case basis. I don't see any reason that they would refuse to do it for you. I am not sure the cost but should be very reasonable as it has been when I have had things repaired out of warranty.

Feb 5, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #12,911 of 13,350
Yup. I got in touch with Schiit and they quoted me a very reasonable charge for the voltage conversion so I am going to take them up on it.
Curious if you got any sort of warranty boost for sending it in.

Feb 5, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #12,913 of 13,350
Warranty boost? hmm. I bought mine pre-owned so no warranty applies I think.
Just curious, because typically when you send equipment back to the manufacturer for rework, they'll warrant it for some amount of time. With repairs, it's obviously the repair work that's warranted, but in this case it's atypical, so was wondering what they'd do, if anything.

Feb 6, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #12,914 of 13,350

Users who are viewing this thread

Back