Schiit Owners Unite
Mar 9, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #11,657 of 13,350
IMO it's ok

Edit : shiit's response about this in this post

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #11,659 of 13,350
Both use their chassis as a heatsink, and both are class A. You're probably fine as long as you A) only use one amp at a time, or B) make sure to use feet to create some separation between each chassis.

Thanks for the inputs!
Good to know I wasn't too crazy :wink:

Would the feets schiit provides create enough space, or would you recommend using something else with more height?
Say 3/8" or 1/2"?

Mar 9, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #11,660 of 13,350
Thanks for the inputs!
Good to know I wasn't too crazy
wink.gif

Would the feets schiit provides create enough space, or would you recommend using something else with more height?
Say 3/8" or 1/2"?

Make of it what you will but I stack a Lyr 2 on top of the Bifrost using the supplied feet and have had no issues and that lyr gets pretty toasty.

Mar 9, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #11,661 of 13,350
 Make of it what you will but I stack a Lyr 2 on top of the Bifrost using the supplied feet and have had no issues and that lyr gets pretty toasty.

Yeah, if it were the Bifrost, I'd be less concerned.
The Valhalla 2 and Asgard 2 are known to get pretty toasty, it's even stated in the Schiit website.

But, it seems like I'm being overly concerned. I'll just get a little taller feet for the stack than what Schiit ships with.

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #11,662 of 13,350
Are the standard feet resistant to the heat?
Wouldn't they melt?
I have an Modi2Uber and an Asgard 2 and till now I've put the dac next to the amp, but would be nicer to put on top.
But am afraid the plastic feet would melt.

Mar 9, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #11,664 of 13,350
  I would not stack anything on my Asgard 2. No way. Too warm. But that's just me...

I wouldn't either. That A2 gets really hot.  It needs more air space on top than that I'd say. At least more than with the included little rubber feet.  At the minimum I'd like to have at least an inch spacing on top. The best thing to do might be to ask Schiit though. 

Mar 9, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #11,669 of 13,350
That was quick!

Well, it's not recommended to stack the two if both will be powered at the same time.
However, Nick did remind me that the Asgard can be used vertically. So that gives me a bit more option to play around with on my desk.
As for the Valhalla, he didn't recommend using it vertically because of the risk for tube damage, which obviously won't be covered under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back