Schiit Owners Unite
Mar 2, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #11,641 of 13,350
WOW!!!

I have had my Vali2 and Modi 2 Uber stack for about a week now 

I am running a Vintage Amperex 7308 USA made tube and pushing a set of Shure Se 535 IEMs, playing primarily high bit FLAC files through VLC on my PC... All I can say is Im in love this is by far the best set up I have had to date!!

My only issue (and was why I thought my Aune combo amp and DAC was bad) is that for some reason my USB port is turning off at random times, but I am playing with different power settings on the PC to try to fix this. I will be a Shiit customer for quiet some time!!! 

Mar 2, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #11,642 of 13,350
I was still at work today when my Vali 2 showed up, so I will have to go to FedEx and pick it up later.  I'm excited to listen to some Schiit finally!

Mar 3, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #11,643 of 13,350
I've enjoyed my Modi/Vali setup with my T90's for well over a year now and am looking to upgrade. Wondering if anyone here has went specifically from the Vali to the Valhalla 2? Just curious if the difference is worth the price tag.

I'm also looking at the Asgard 2, but I like the warmth of tubes, especially since the T90's could use it. 

Mar 4, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #11,644 of 13,350
In the same boat
  I've enjoyed my Modi/Vali setup with my T90's for well over a year now and am looking to upgrade. Wondering if anyone here has went specifically from the Vali to the Valhalla 2? Just curious if the difference is worth the price tag.

I'm also looking at the Asgard 2, but I like the warmth of tubes, especially since the T90's could use it. 

Pretty much in the same boat. I was very pleased with my Vali 2 (mullard 7DJ8)/Modi 2 uber stack, until I heard the Valhalla 2/Bifrost at a recent local meet. I really enjoyed what I heard there. The sound stage was huge compared to the Vali 2. I bit the bullet and purchased a Valhalla 2 from a fellow head-fi member.

I'm hoping to recreate the same sound. Although, I do have to upgrade to a bifrost as well.

Mar 4, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #11,645 of 13,350
  In the same boat

Pretty much in the same boat. I was very pleased with my Vali 2 (mullard 7DJ8)/Modi 2 uber stack, until I heard the Valhalla 2/Bifrost at a recent local meet. I really enjoyed what I heard there. The sound stage was huge compared to the Vali 2. I bit the bullet and purchased a Valhalla 2 from a fellow head-fi member.

I'm hoping to recreate the same sound. Although, I do have to upgrade to a bifrost as well.

Thanks for the info. So is the Valhalla 2/modi 2 soundstage working well for you? what are your primary cans for the setup?

Mar 4, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #11,646 of 13,350

Thanks for the info. So is the Valhalla 2/modi 2 soundstage working well for you? what are your primary cans for the setup?

I just made the purchase recently. The Valhalla 2 will be here Monday.

As for my impressions from the local meet, the main thing I noticed was increased sound stage. Other subtleties were harder to make out as it was a noisy room, but sounded similar enough (I love the sound of the Vali 2) if not better. Luckily, the Valhalla 2 was paired with an X2, which happens to be my go to head phone at home.

However, I do look forward to how they sound with my HE400s and HD650 as well.
Will see in a few days if the modi 2 uber can keep up with the bifrost.

Mar 5, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #11,647 of 13,350
  I just made the purchase recently. The Valhalla 2 will be here Monday.

As for my impressions from the local meet, the main thing I noticed was increased sound stage. Other subtleties were harder to make out as it was a noisy room, but sounded similar enough (I love the sound of the Vali 2) if not better. Luckily, the Valhalla 2 was paired with an X2, which happens to be my go to head phone at home.

However, I do look forward to how they sound with my HE400s and HD650 as well.
Will see in a few days if the modi 2 uber can keep up with the bifrost.

Were you at the recent Annandale, VA meet?  I was there with equipment including Bifrost/Valhalla 2, and X2, so you may have heard that.  If so, glad you enjoyed it!

Mar 5, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #11,648 of 13,350
Were you at the recent Annandale, VA meet?  I was there with equipment including Bifrost/Valhalla 2, and X2, so you may have heard that.  If so, glad you enjoyed it!

Yes!
I loved your X2 and Valhalla 2 so much that I had to upgrade my Vali2 immediately.
Thanks for the setup, although my wallet probably doesn't thank you as much :p

Btw, which Bifrost do you have?

Mar 5, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #11,649 of 13,350
Yes!
I loved your X2 and Valhalla 2 so much that I had to upgrade my Vali2 immediately.
Thanks for the setup, although my wallet probably doesn't thank you as much
tongue.gif

Btw, which Bifrost do you have?

Excellent! My Bifrost is the Multi-bit.

You'll love your HD650 on the Valhalla 2, too, very good synergy there.

Mar 7, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #11,651 of 13,350

Excellent! My Bifrost is the Multi-bit.

You'll love your HD650 on the Valhalla 2, too, very good synergy there.

Just got my Valhalla 2 and its amazing.
And wow, the HD650 does really open up with the Valhalla 2.
I always used the X2 as my main headphone, but that could change now.

Loving them both with the Valhalla 2 very much!

Mar 7, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #11,652 of 13,350
I'm not an owner (yet) but I could use a bit of advnce. I have a pair of Senn HD650's and Grado GH1's and have been running them straight from my macbook pro, but lately I've been looking for a good amp/dac setup and am leaning toward the Bifrost/Lyr2 combo. I'm just wondering if I would need anything else to get it up and running from my computer... I guess these units have no USB ports so I'm just not really sure how to get the sound from the computer to the Schiit stack. I know, total noob question but hopefully someone will humor me. Thanks in advance.

Mar 7, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #11,653 of 13,350
I'm not an owner (yet) but I could use a bit of advnce. I have a pair of Senn HD650's and Grado GH1's and have been running them straight from my macbook pro, but lately I've been looking for a good amp/dac setup and am leaning toward the Bifrost/Lyr2 combo. I'm just wondering if I would need anything else to get it up and running from my computer... I guess these units have no USB ports so I'm just not really sure how to get the sound from the computer to the Schiit stack. I know, total noob question but hopefully someone will humor me. Thanks in advance.

Yes to USB. Plug a USB cable between the computer and the Bifrost. Bifrost also accepts optical or coaxial digital inputs too.
Bifrost to the Lyr2: uses standard interconnects with RCA jacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back