Schiit Owners Unite
Oct 3, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #11,041 of 13,350

The people talking about the queue are for the upgrades.  I received my shipping notice 17 minutes after ordering the Multibit Bifrost.

Me too, I was queue position 3 of 3 when I ordered mine and got a follow up e-mail 15 minutes later telling me to ship mine. So I shipped it yesterday and I'm hoping it will be in my possession sometime by the end of next week.

Oct 3, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #11,042 of 13,350
Sometimes ya just gotta give props to the ol' In-tuh-Net (any New Yorkers here??):

Bifrost (pronounced roughly “BEEF-roast;” Old Norse Bifröst) is the rainbow bridge that connects Asgard, the world of the Aesir tribe of gods, with Midgard, the world of humanity.Bifrost is guarded by the ever-vigilant god Heimdall.... blah blah blah, rape and pillage, yada yada yada.

Being a lazy ol' schiithead, I was just looking for a way to get to the Bifrost page without having to engage the keyboard (highlight, right-click, search with Googly eyes [little known fact: the original name of Google; you can see how they dropped the eyes while performing a little recombination... then Viacom Safeway...?
biggrin.gif
])

where was I?  Oh yeah.  BEEF-roast!!!  Yeah, that is rough!  Life in The Lab will never be the same.  Eat yr heart out, Frosty.

Oct 3, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #11,044 of 13,350
Ok! I think if I upgrade I think I'll upgrade it myself, in really good with details and instructions.

You can't do the Multibit upgrade yourself.  You need to send it back to Schiit

Oct 3, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #11,045 of 13,350
  Sometimes ya just gotta give props to the ol' In-tuh-Net (any New Yorkers here??):

Bifrost (pronounced roughly “BEEF-roast;” Old Norse Bifröst) is the rainbow bridge that connects Asgard, the world of the Aesir tribe of gods, with Midgard, the world of humanity.Bifrost is guarded by the ever-vigilant god Heimdall.... blah blah blah, rape and pillage, yada yada yada.

Being a lazy ol' schiithead, I was just looking for a way to get to the Bifrost page without having to engage the keyboard (highlight, right-click, search with Googly eyes [little known fact: the original name of Google; you can see how they dropped the eyes while performing a little recombination... then Viacom Safeway...?
biggrin.gif
])

where was I?  Oh yeah.  BEEF-roast!!!  Yeah, that is rough!  Life in The Lab will never be the same.  Eat yr heart out, Frosty.

See, you got me google schiit.....  What the hell is Lyr?  tried to google it and got nothing

Oct 3, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #11,046 of 13,350

See, you got me google schiit.....  What the hell is Lyr?  tried to google it and got nothing

Here ya go 
smily_headphones1.gif

http://schiit.com/public/upload/PDF/lyr_2_manual_1_3.pdf

Seriously, ya gotta love the Net.  I went from listening to a song called "Where Is Egon Schiele?" to the Wiki page about him, to the Wiki for Bohemia, to a page about a 28,000-year-old archaeological site, to the page about the oldest known ceramic human figurine from said site, to the Amazon reviews page for a book by a husband-and-wife paleoanthropologist team from the University of Michigan about multiregionalism vs. the Eve/Out-of-Africa theory of the evolution of modern humans.

One is only limited by one's imagination.

Oct 3, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #11,047 of 13,350

Here ya go 
smily_headphones1.gif

http://schiit.com/public/upload/PDF/lyr_2_manual_1_3.pdf

Seriously, ya gotta love the Net.  I went from listening to a song called "Where Is Egon Schiele?" to the Wiki page about him, to the Wiki for Bohemia, to a page about a 28,000-year-old archaeological site, to the page about the oldest known ceramic human figurine from said site, to the Amazon reviews page for a book by a husband-and-wife paleoanthropologist team from the University of Michigan about multiregionalism vs. the Eve/Out-of-Africa theory of the evolution of modern humans.

One is only limited by one's imagination.

.... seriously, my amp is named after a hallway... while all the other products gets cool names.  what kind of schiit is that.

LOL.  well,  at least i'm not the only one that finds useless info after googling a song or artist

Oct 3, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #11,048 of 13,350
  .... seriously, my amp is named after a hallway... while all the other products gets cool names.  what kind of schiit is that.

LOL.  well,  at least i'm not the only one that finds useless info after googling a song or artist

Dude.... hall, as in a room in which some serious schiit is likely to be going down, esp. in Norse mythology.  Try a little reading comprehension:

"In Norse mythology, Lyr is Menglad’s hall in Jotunheim."

In case you're in doubt, google this:  define: hall

a large room for meetings, concerts, or other events.
"Carnegie Hall"

Oct 3, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #11,050 of 13,350

Dude.... hall, as in a room in which some serious schiit is likely to be going down, esp. in Norse mythology.  Try a little reading comprehension:

"In Norse mythology, Lyr is Menglad’s hall in Jotunheim."

In case you're in doubt, google this:  define: hall

a large room for meetings, concerts, or other events.
"Carnegie Hall"

Whoa turbo,  no need to get your panties in a bunch.  I just misread it, plus i'm on all kinds of meds fighting a nasty
cold.

Like i said, useless info

Oct 4, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #11,053 of 13,350
A tiny voice of reason is starting to nag at me saying maybe I don't need a 3000€ amp to drive TH900's, so does anyone have experience with Lyr 2 or Mjolnir 2 with said headphones? Asgard 2 was a bit boring and lifeless, but maybe higher end Schiit can kick some life to the Fostex without going totally overboard. Also, can I switch between listening to headphones and speakers, or do the amps power them at the same time?

Oct 4, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #11,054 of 13,350
  A tiny voice of reason is starting to nag at me saying maybe I don't need a 3000€ amp to drive TH900's, so does anyone have experience with Lyr 2 or Mjolnir 2 with said headphones? Asgard 2 was a bit boring and lifeless, but maybe higher end Schiit can kick some life to the Fostex without going totally overboard. Also, can I switch between listening to headphones and speakers, or do the amps power them at the same time?

correct me if im wrong, but I believe the pre-amp out mute when headphones are plugged in.

should be more than adequate for the th900. go for the lyr 2 since the th900 is hard-wired with a SE cable. unless you want to do cable surgery.

Oct 4, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #11,055 of 13,350
Hi guys and girls.
I've recently purchased a pair of HD650's and I've used an Meridian explorer DAC for previous headphones with no amp. With the 650's being harder to drive can anybody offer advice regarding a suitable amp?
I also have a pair of ACS T2 IEMs which I'd also be using with it.
I've been looking towards a Schiit products, they any good.
Cheers. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back