Schiit Owners Unite
Oct 4, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #11,071 of 13,350
  So i'm a little confused about the new and old bifrost.  so if you have an old bifrost uber, its basically the same as buyingthe new bifrost with the delta chip?  so the new bifrost that cost 500+ is the one that has the multibit?  

if i'm wrong can someone clarify it for me.

Pretty much except that both new models also include what was the USB option.

Oct 4, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #11,073 of 13,350
Not quite. The new Bifrost "4490" is still an upgrade over the old Bifrost Uber, iirc.

I think it's something that none of us are likely to distinguish under a proper testing environment. The equipment keeps getting better by small amounts (if any), however, we are just the same old human beings wishing for more.

Oct 4, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #11,075 of 13,350
Having only listened to a Modi 2 Uber so far I couldn't say one way or the other. That's just what I have heard

There is something called JDD (Just Detectable Distortion) which is the limit of what levels of distortion that we can as humans can detect, the Modi 2 is much better than that. So I wouldn't worry too much. Every year there is a storm of products claiming to be much better than the previous year's offerings, yet we as humans remain unchanged. One would think by now that our abilities of perception have been passed by long ago. I believe that we have difficulty in accepting this, aided by our fertile imaginations and deft marketing, all I can say is that Schiit happens and some folks are willing to spends thousands on DACs alone. If that brings one pleasure, I'm OK with that. I will resist 
biggrin.gif
 the impulse.

Oct 6, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #11,082 of 13,350
Despite FedEx, traffic, and the universe conspiring against me, I can has a Gumby. Warming it up now, and it sounds magnificent even whole cold. Immediately noticeable. Smooth. No etch or glare. Microdetails.

Oct 6, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #11,084 of 13,350
So with the Coaxial, who uses it with what? I'm wanting to use it with my stereo or get a MARANTZ thaf has the coaxial out so I can have it more dedicated and more inputs to use

What are you using it with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back