Schiit Owners Unite
Aug 30, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #10,591 of 13,350

Yes.  Two source inputs and one output with a volume control in the middle.  So if you have a phono setup as a source and a DAC as your other source you can switch between them.  Off book, you can turn the volume all the way up and plug your source in to the output and two amps in the inputs and use it to choose between two amps.  I've used it both ways.  The electrons don't seem to care.

This is simply great, thanks Alex! I was breaking my head how to that, looking for some not-so-ugly switches, and the solution was just in front of my nose, LOL. 

Aug 30, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #10,593 of 13,350
Thank you,
In the future I might get the Schiit for a turn table but I'm still looking for which brand to go with.
Yes.  Two source inputs and one output with a volume control in the middle.  So if you have a phono setup as a source and a DAC as your other source you can switch between them.  Off book, you can turn the volume all the way up and plug your source in to the output and two amps in the inputs and use it to choose between two amps.  I've used it both ways.  The electrons don't seem to care.

Aug 30, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #10,595 of 13,350
Does Schiit.com show if my order has been sent yet? Or is that only when I get a notification email from fedex?

You'll get notified from Schiit with a tracking number link the second it ships.

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #10,597 of 13,350
Are the Extreme DACs in the Theta Casablanca Moffat DACs?  

If so, surround sound R2R might be too intense for me.

Sep 1, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #10,600 of 13,350
My MJ 2 / Gungir MB stack looking and sounding great in my system:

There's something quite Bauhaus about the Schiit styling which I really like. Austere, sorta industrial, and way cool. 

Sep 1, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #10,603 of 13,350
  I dont think my Vali amp was ever right and now i think its really dying. I probably should have returned it a year or two ago when I bought it =(.

You should contact Schiit if you think there is something wrong with it.

Yep, the Vali has a 2 year warranty. 

Sep 1, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #10,604 of 13,350

Yep, the Vali has a 2 year warranty. 

Even if no longer under warranty Schiit has said they do everything to keep repair costs down and most of the time it is really reasonable.

Here is the post from Alex the main office person at Schiit (cleaned up the post a little, cut out the reply part for an earlier issue).

We usually repair a few units a month that are received damaged by the second, third, or fourth owner.  We don't gouge with our repair bills, the cost is often less than 10 dollars for our small products with the price increasing based on the size, complexity of the product, and type of damage.  We've had units that have been struck by lightning, a cat urinated into an Asgard, we had one guy whose workspace was so filthy that when we opened his Mjolnir we found filth and dead cockroaches- those guys get charged.  We get units that are dinged, scratched, and dented.  We've had customers decide to take their products apart and then put them together wrong.  All these folks have one thing in common, when we finished they weren't given an inflated repair bill.

We do our best to treat people honorably and with respect.  At the same time, if we repaired every second, third, or fourth hand product out there our costs would go up and we would be forced to charge more to all customers to cover this cost.  Most of our customers hold on their products are are very happy with them.  There is no reason they should be asked to subsidize people who choose to resell their products.

Sep 1, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #10,605 of 13,350
Does anyone else have the:
Valhalla2?
As far as testing different tubes,
What are some reconmendations?

I mainly listen to rock and Classic rock,
With the greatful dead, I like that warm sound that has "space" to it and detail in a way,
I also listen to indie rock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back