Schiit Owners Unite
Sep 2, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #10,622 of 13,350
  I used USPS. Not sure if FedEx will still send me a bill? lol

So it's true! And I thought that sending through USPS being tax free, was only an urban legend. Lucky you 
regular_smile .gif

Sep 2, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #10,625 of 13,350
My tax was included when I paid online?

Shipping tax yes, with the main order online. But still, FedEx has charged me additionally another tax for processing my custom fees. Custom fees were already payed by them, in order to speed up delivery. So, I got a bill to to cover their fees plus a service charge for "VAT and customs fee processing".

Sep 2, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #10,626 of 13,350
Ok, I chose the low cost shipping when I ordered and paid a $15 tax
Shipping tax yes, with the main order online. But still, FedEx has charged me additionally another tax for processing my custom fees. Custom fees were already payed by them, in order to speed up delivery. So, I got a bill to to cover their fees plus a service charge for "VAT and customs fee processing".

Sep 2, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #10,627 of 13,350
Hmm, as a bystander your post did not at all come across as "a joke" nor did :popcorn: (awaiting developments) "explain" this. It read to me like you were once more angry!

Nevertheless, thanks for explaining what you meant.

It was a joke about a thing @Alex Martin
 wrote. I thought ":popcorn: " thing was enough to explain that. I talked to many people about Schiit after that posts and I love the sound. I made my promise, I will buy your flagship when I graduate and I trust your honesty.

This was the thing I was joking about: "A lot of these transactions Aegruin describes in his suggestions are pretty questionable.  They seem designed to avoid paying duties and taxes- a gift is a gift but a grey market transaction to avoid paying VAT or import duties is very questionable."

But you really should put a section about gifts when paying the devices. Like "I'm buying this for                        person and my warranty is on him/her"
It is not about me. I solved my problem. It is a general suggestion.

Sep 2, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #10,628 of 13,350

When I bought my Magni 2 Uber, excluding tax, FedEx asked me for $59 on Fees. I don't have the invoice with me at the moment to be exact but I remember it has (gas+transport+admin+warehouse+communication+handling) fee if I'm not mistaken. How is gas differ than transport I don't know. And how is $59 Fees for $149 item is legal I don't know either.

I feel that the local FedEx profits more from bringing my Magni 2 Uber to my address than Schiit from selling the item to me. I felt it was unfair for a while.

And don't try to argue with them. They may claim you're a con man or cheater. Been there done that. 
o2smile.gif

I'd say 95% of Regional Distributors in my part of Asia doesn't do transferable warranties. Non-transferable warranties is Very Normal, and Schiit's people are Very Good with their aftersales based on head-fi members account.
I just had a personal experience with their aftersales 2 weeks or so ago as well, and that was also Great.

I really think you should have made your own Schiit user account and pay with your own paypal account instead, or at least notify them from the start about your situation before you made purchase.

Sep 2, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #10,630 of 13,350
I don't think I was charged any additional free when I bought my magni and modi, just the tax, when you order you can choose a faster shipping but I went with the $15 shipping (I think)
When I bought my Magni 2 Uber, excluding tax, FedEx asked me for $59 on Fees. I don't have the invoice with me at the moment to be exact but I remember it has (gas+transport+admin+warehouse+communication+handling) fee if I'm not mistaken. How is gas differ than transport I don't know. And how is $59 Fees for $149 item is legal I don't know either.

I feel that the local FedEx profits more from bringing my Magni 2 Uber to my address than Schiit from selling the item to me. I felt it was unfair for a while.

I'd say 95% of Regional Distributors in my part of Asia doesn't do transferable warranties. Non-transferable warranties is Very Normal, and Schiit's people are Very Good with their aftersales based on head-fi members account.
I just had a personal experience with their aftersales 2 weeks or so ago as well, and that was also Great.

I really think you should have made your own Schiit user account and pay with your own paypal account instead, or at least notify them from the start about your situation before you made purchase.

Sep 2, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #10,631 of 13,350

Agree with you. I've found it, here what it says:

"FedEx® Advancement Fee: 
In some circumstances FedEx is required to pay certain duties and taxes in advance on our customers' behalf. For instance, FedEx may pay an advancement fee when countries require that duties and taxes be paid prior to customs' release or prior to certain items clearing customs. In these circumstances FedEx will assess an Advancement Fee surcharge that will be billed to the party designated to pay duties and taxes."

Sep 2, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #10,632 of 13,350
So I'll have to pay a fee when I pick up my Schiit order? Whatever happened to loyalty with fedex and ups?, it kinda shows you why Schiit is even better, FedEx throws random fees out there for "quality" when Schiit actually builds to stay true to their quality and support
Agree with you. I've found it, here what it says:

[COLOR=000000]"FedEx
®
 Advancement Fee: 
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]In some circumstances FedEx is required to pay certain duties and taxes in advance on our customers' behalf. For instance, FedEx may pay an advancement fee when countries require that duties and taxes be paid prior to customs' release or prior to certain items clearing customs. In these circumstances FedEx will assess an Advancement Fee surcharge that will be billed to the party designated to pay duties and taxes."[/color]

Sep 2, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #10,633 of 13,350
  I'm having troubles installing my bifrost uber. When I'm installing, it says "Please connect the CMEDIA USB2.0 Audio Device," which I did. Tried all my 2.0 ports with no success...

Try an older version of the USB driver. I tried their newer versions on Windows 7/8.1/10 and couldn't get them to work (hung with the same message you say) so the older one (1.01 I think? Also available on the Schiit download page) was the only one I got to work.

Sep 2, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #10,635 of 13,350

Try an older version of the USB driver. I tried their newer versions on Windows 7/8.1/10 and couldn't get them to work (hung with the same message you say) so the older one (1.01 I think? Also available on the Schiit download page) was the only one I got to work.

Thanks! It works now that I've installed the older driver. But... does that mean my Bifrost isn't working as good as if I have the latest driver installed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back