Schiit Owners Unite
Mar 28, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #9,647 of 13,350

So I guess I probably won't prefer it over the HD 700 on any songs. No matter...not spending any cash on the T50RP.

THe T50RP are extremely mid-centric to the point they are honky. They do possess a slight magic to them, but they aren't to my liking.

Mar 28, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #9,649 of 13,350
  THe T50RP are extremely mid-centric to the point they are honky. They do possess a slight magic to them, but they aren't to my liking.

They are mid-centric, but some people really like that about them.  I'd prefer if they were a little more neutral.  I enjoyed them for the short time I owned them, but they didn't really fit the sound signature I was looking for at the time.  I EQ'ed them down in the midrange a little and it helped, but it wasn't a fix-all by any means.

Mar 28, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #9,651 of 13,350

They are mid-centric, but some people really like that about them.  I'd prefer if they were a little more neutral.  I enjoyed them for the short time I owned them, but they didn't really fit the sound signature I was looking for at the time.  I EQ'ed them down in the midrange a little and it helped, but it wasn't a fix-all by any means.

I bought them when they were still going for $69, I put $10 worth of mods in them, and 30 minutes to do the mods, so I can't complain too much.

Mar 28, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #9,652 of 13,350
@bigalila

FWIW, the person I'm getting the HD 700 from told me this:

The HD700 will do exactly what you are asking, it's an exciting headphone. One of the main complaints of the HD700 is that it is too bright or has harsh treble. It's not really the case that it is bright, but it has so much resolution, clarity and detail, that it can come off as bright.

Another reason it can be disliked is that it is a much faster and energetic headphone than something like the HD650 which has a laidback, darkish sound that Sennheiser fans enjoy. I never tried the HD600/650 but from what I've read, the HD700 is the opposite of that, at least the HD650 in particular. Which all of this is to say I think this may be a perfect headphone for you for genres like metal, electronic, orchestral, etc.

Mar 28, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #9,658 of 13,350
  Just got my Lyr 2 and USB bifrost last week. Schiit's amazing!

I'm king of eyeing the Lyr 2 to perhaps use with the HE-500, but I want to get at least a few more high-end headphones (taking care of the most important part) before spending so much on auxiliary components. If I end up getting the HE-6 too, perhaps I should skip the Lyr 2 for something more powerful, though.

Mar 28, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #9,659 of 13,350
Just got my Lyr 2 and USB bifrost last week. Schiit's amazing!

Welcome to Club Schiit, may your stack of schiit always make you smile

Users who are viewing this thread

Back