Schiit Owners Unite
Jun 4, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #5,536 of 13,350
Thank you. Two simultaneously true things:
1. Shoot, I didn't want to be influenced to get the more expensive of the two models.
2. Oh goody, that supports my desire for the more expensive of the two models.

Jun 4, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #5,537 of 13,350
Thank you. Two simultaneously true things:
1. Shoot, I didn't want to be influenced to get the more expensive of the two models.
2. Oh goody, that supports my desire for the more expensive of the two models.

Get the Valhalla 2, Bill, and let us all know what you think! Or are you looking for used Valhalla maybe?

Jun 4, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #5,539 of 13,350
Hello guys.

Could you tell me if there is a dedicated thread about Valhalla?

Thanks

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #5,540 of 13,350
What is less like the Asgard 2 sound between the Valhalla and Lyr?
I loved how the Vali sounded with the Q701, so something like that on steroids would be good. With the Q701 (only) it sounded transparent.

I actually have a feeling that Valhalla 2 would sound great with the Q701 despite technically not being a perfect match.

Hopefully someone can get the Valhalla 2 and Lyr 2 and see how it is with the Q701.

I usually don't keep any amp unless it works equally well with my 38ohm DJ100, Q701 AND HD-650. That's actually not as easy as it seems.

Not even my O2 pulls this off. So far i've found only 3 amps that can do this.

Not a fan of the Asgard 2 so if the Lyr 2 is similar then I would pass. Actually I'd probably love the Asgard 2 with a DT-880 or T90.

I thought I don't like warm sounding amps, but I found out this is not always the case. For example, I love the Bravo V2 with a warmer sounding tube (I know it's only a hybrid though) with the HD-650. I originally though this would make the HD-650 WORSE, but mostly the opposite.

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #5,542 of 13,350
  What is less like the Asgard 2 sound between the Valhalla and Lyr?
I loved how the Vali sounded with the Q701, so something like that on steroids would be good. With the Q701 (only) it sounded transparent.

I actually have a feeling that Valhalla 2 would sound great with the Q701 despite technically not being a perfect match.

Hopefully someone can get the Valhalla 2 and Lyr 2 and see how it is with the Q701.

I usually don't keep any amp unless it works equally well with my 38ohm DJ100, Q701 AND HD-650. That's actually not as easy as it seems.

Not even my O2 pulls this off. So far i've found only 3 amps that can do this.

Not a fan of the Asgard 2 so if the Lyr 2 is similar then I would pass. Actually I'd probably love the Asgard 2 with a DT-880 or T90.

I thought I don't like warm sounding amps, but I found out this is not always the case. For example, I love the Bravo V2 with a warmer sounding tube (I know it's only a hybrid though) with the HD-650. I originally though this would make the HD-650 WORSE, but mostly the opposite.

with my headphones, what it sounds like you are describing as to the sound, drive characteristics , would be the lyr, to me, its like a vali on steroids, powerful, dynamic,at the same time quiet, and a little warmer, which your tube choice can effect these two.
i've heard the valhalla as well, its very good, but warmer, it has more of the classic tube sound, than the vali, and lyr, as it should.
of course, this is regarding the first versions of the lyr and the val. just my $.02

Jun 5, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #5,543 of 13,350

with my headphones, what it sounds like you are describing as to the sound, drive characteristics , would be the lyr, to me, its like a vali on steroids, powerful, dynamic,at the same time quiet, and a little warmer, which your tube choice can effect these two.
i've heard the valhalla as well, its very good, but warmer, it has more of the classic tube sound, than the vali, and lyr, as it should.
of course, this is regarding the first versions of the lyr and the val. just my $.02

+1 I don't notice nearly as much of that 'tube' sound with my Lyr as opposed to my Little Dot MKk3

Jun 5, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #5,548 of 13,350
i didn't notice it at first, but that's killer !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back