Schiit Owners Unite
Jun 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #2,492 of 13,350
Quote:
I understand that, and can appreciate your chiming in.  But when it comes to tube gear, up time is very important in the resale world.

Perhaps I'm overreacting, but I've been burned by bad misinformation.  My definition of "mint" isn't the same as some sellers, for example.  "Light" use also differs in my mind.

Absolutely, I totally agree. I just thought that perhaps in this case, the post lacked thought, rather than being outright dishonest.  

Jun 16, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #2,493 of 13,350
I agree with you.  If the OP just said the amp had 5 mins on it, I'd think it was just a poorly worded post or a generalization about light use.

But, the OP clearly lists the Valhalla in his profile as his amp.  Then, he said Schiit has not responded. I find that extremely hard to believe that Schiit has not responded.  I've gotten responses from Schiit on Sunday evenings within minutes of my initial email.

Something doesn't add up here.  I've been burned a few times on "mint" amps and "NOS" tubes that were definitely not accurate listings.  As such, I've been conditioned to be hypersensitive and skeptical of posts looking to unload gear as a "favor" to us.

Quote:

Absolutely, I totally agree. I just thought that perhaps in this case, the post lacked thought, rather than being outright dishonest.  

Jun 16, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #2,494 of 13,350
Quote:
Ok so I have tried contacting Schiit about returning my Valhalla a couple times but haven't gotten any word back (going for a different amp). Would anyone be interested in Valhalla that was used for maybe 5 minutes?

That's the only thing suspect. Besides the fact that he's been banned and may not care about not burning other members of this community.

Seems as if he was doing a little drinking last night. Now it makes sense. He never hit
the send button per his email to Jason. 

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #2,495 of 13,350
Ok, I need to chime in here.  I have emailed Jason a few times.  It did take some time for him to respond to a few of them.  He does have a life, I think..
blink.gif
.  He did apologize once for taking some time, as he was neck deep in the Asgard 2 hum issue and another time with another release that was happening.  But the replies were not as quick as you guys are saying for those few.  Other times, yes, he responded very quickly.  Hell he might actually be on, dare I say it, vacation.  Not sure who would have unchained him, but it could have happened.

The "5 minutes" I took as a  generalization, If someone is interested they should ask for accurate time on the gear.

Jun 16, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #2,497 of 13,350
Quote:
I doubt some aspects of this post. 

1) Jason responds extremely quickly to any and all emails.  I've contacted him several times about various things, and he literally replies within minutes.

2) You used the amp for 5 minutes?  Really?  It barely warmed up and you can't form any sort of opinion about the amp after 5 minutes.  Your brain hasn't even adjusted to its sound signature.

People need to be a little more honest about dumping their unwanted gear.

1. Why would I lie? What is there to gain from lying?

2. Since it is a tube amp I don't want to put too much time on the valves if I'm not keeping it.
Quote:
That's the only thing suspect. Besides the fact that he's been banned and may not care about not burning other members of this community.

Seems as if he was doing a little drinking last night. Now it makes sense. He never hit
the send button per his email to Jason. 

What is with you? why are you giving me such a hard time? Your attitude is uncalled for and is unappreciated. I've been unbanned for several months and you are the only person to bring it up since.

It does appear that it is indeed past the 15 days though so there really isn't much point in arguing

Jun 16, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #2,498 of 13,350
Come on guys, let's put this down to a misunderstanding. 

Jay has been burnt before, so you can understand why he might have doubts. No one else really needed to stick their oars in.

It's up to BlackenedPlague and whoever he sells his gear to be honest with one another

Now let's all go back to being friends and hassling Jason about when the statement gear is coming.... SCHIIT! Did I say that out loud? that's another $50 then 
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #2,499 of 13,350
Quote:

What is with you? why are you giving me such a hard time? Your attitude is uncalled for and is unappreciated. I've been unbanned for several months and you are the only person to bring it up since.

It does appear that it is indeed past the 15 days though so there really isn't much point in arguing

I was just pointing out it would be rather odd (though not impossible) that you contact Schiit multiples times without a reply. And yea, I also teased a bit, I'm sure you don't have a drinking problem.

If you being banned is a sore issue for you then don't have it listed on your profile. I, for one, never said I'd never trade with you, so calm down.

Jun 16, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #2,500 of 13,350
Quote:
I was just pointing out it would be rather odd (though not impossible) that you contact Schiit multiples times without a reply. And yea, I also teased a bit, I'm sure you don't have a drinking problem.

If you being banned is a sore issue for you then don't have it listed on your profile. I, for one, never said I'd never trade with you, so calm down.

No harm no foul. Also it isn't a sore issue but then again maybe there isn't much of a point in having that stated...

Also for what it's worth the amp in conjunction with sr60i's sounds bloody amazing

Jun 16, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #2,501 of 13,350
For the 5 minutes you used them together.  

Quote:

No harm no foul. Also it isn't a sore issue but then again maybe there isn't much of a point in having that stated...

Also for what it's worth the amp in conjunction with sr60i's sounds bloody amazing

Jun 16, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #2,502 of 13,350
Jun 16, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #2,503 of 13,350
Newsflash: you send us an email on Friday night at 8PM, you may not get an answer until Monday. Normal companies are not open on weekends. Although we are abnormal, we hope to be cured someday.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jun 16, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #2,504 of 13,350
And you know what I'm a schiithead for complaining. 

Jun 16, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #2,505 of 13,350
There it is.  The truth shall set you free.

Quote:
Ok so I have tried contacting Schiit about returning my Valhalla a couple times but haven't gotten any word back (going for a different amp). Would anyone be interested in Valhalla that was used for maybe 5 minutes?

Quote:
1. Why would I lie? What is there to gain from lying?

2. Since it is a tube amp I don't want to put too much time on the valves if I'm not keeping it.

Quote:

Quote:
Newsflash: you send us an email on Friday night at 8PM, you may not get an answer until Monday. Normal companies are not open on weekends. Although we are abnormal, we hope to be cured someday.

Quote:
And you know what I'm a schiithead for complaining. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back