Schiit Owners Unite
Jun 15, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #2,476 of 13,350
Well, I've joined the Schiit Legions. I thought it would be appropriate to show these off right here in this thread.

I hope the link works....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97620041@N08/9051714379/

Cool pic! Nice setup! I should have my Valhalla on Monday and will get the DAC as $$ permits! So mine will look the same but with tubes coming out of the top. Haha!

So what phones are you driving with that setup?

Jun 15, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #2,478 of 13,350
Sennheiser HD 558 or HD 380 Pro. The volume setting is anywhere between 10 and 12 depending....
I can say that for me, I can run a slightly higher volume on the 558s. Maybe due to the open design?

Just getting my feet wet with HiFi and so far very happy.

I picked up a Fostex HP-A3 for the laptop right before these arrived. I guess I could post a pic tomorrow. It's compact so it should travel easily enough. Sounds great to me.

See you guys at the Socal Meet if you're going.

Jun 16, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #2,482 of 13,350
Quote:
Not having heard the modi, I still feel it's the right pairing with the asgard if you never plan to upgrade. The bifrost is a little much for the asgard I would say from my experience.  Meaning the asgard does not reveal all the bifrost has to offer. Save yourself some money :)

What would you say about the Valhalla and Bifrost?

I guess I am mulling over what to get for my next setup. I really like my Magni+Modi stack (driving Beyer DT770s), it is in my weeknight "home away from home", and I am quite happy with that setup in that location. But I want something for my weekend home. And I want to improve on that setup.

I really like the Schiit gear (though I must admit I am tempted by the Bottlehead Crack, and yes I have sufficient electrical skill and equipment to assemble one). Nothing is set in stone, though I am also quite sure the statement gear is outside of my budget.

I'm also not sure what choice should come first, the cans or what drives them. I'll say I really like the bassy DT770's, but I'm not happy about the high end of those cans - bright in one spot, and weak in another. I suppose if I could find some cans with the same bass response and a flatter high end, that would be perfect. And I'm leaning towards a tube amp, though again nothing is set in stone.

I'm terrible, aren't I?
wink_face.gif

Jun 16, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #2,483 of 13,350
If you're going BiFrost, why not pair it with the Lyr. I'm just about to pull the trigger on the Uber Bifrost. From what I hear the pairing is magical  
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #2,486 of 13,350
Ok so I have tried contacting Schiit about returning my Valhalla a couple times but haven't gotten any word back (going for a different amp). Would anyone be interested in Valhalla that was used for maybe 5 minutes?

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #2,487 of 13,350
I doubt some aspects of this post. 

1) Jason responds extremely quickly to any and all emails.  I've contacted him several times about various things, and he literally replies within minutes.

2) You used the amp for 5 minutes?  Really?  It barely warmed up and you can't form any sort of opinion about the amp after 5 minutes.  Your brain hasn't even adjusted to its sound signature.

People need to be a little more honest about dumping their unwanted gear.

Quote:
Ok so I have tried contacting Schiit about returning my Valhalla a couple times but haven't gotten any word back (going for a different amp). Would anyone be interested in Valhalla that was used for maybe 5 minutes?

Jun 16, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #2,488 of 13,350
Quote:
I doubt some aspects of this post. 

1) Jason responds extremely quickly to any and all emails.  I've contacted him several times about various things, and he literally replies within minutes.

2) You used the amp for 5 minutes?  Really?  It barely warmed up and you can't form any sort of opinion about the amp after 5 minutes.  Your brain hasn't even adjusted to its sound signature.

People need to be a little more honest about dumping their unwanted gear.

To be fair "only used it for about 5 minutes" tends to get used a lot as an expression, when something has been used for a negligible amount of time. Not justifying it and certainly not taking sides. Just playing Devil's advocate.

Jun 16, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #2,489 of 13,350
I understand that, and can appreciate your chiming in.  But when it comes to tube gear, up time is very important in the resale world.

Perhaps I'm overreacting, but I've been burned by bad misinformation.  My definition of "mint" isn't the same as some sellers, for example.  "Light" use also differs in my mind.
Quote:

To be fair "only used it for about 5 minutes" tends to get used a lot as an expression, when something has been used for a negligible amount of time. Not justifying it and certainly not taking sides. Just playing Devil's advocate.

Jun 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #2,490 of 13,350
Anyone have the Valhalla/AKG K702 95th Anniversary setup? I know it's not a 300 - 600 ohm headphone, but just wondering if anyone has or has tried the combo?

And since I am posing that here, what about that same AKG and the DragonFly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back