Schiit Owners Unite
Jun 5, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #2,266 of 13,350
Interesting. Here I have been thinking about just getting a dock for my iPod but perhaps I might look into different DAPs with better output options. Thanks for the idea R Scott.

Mickey, I know you can't use the CCK with the iPod, I just read it as using the CCK for the iPad and not the iPhone and was wondering if you had used the USB cable there.

Shfsrh, thanks for that input, that's what I was wanting to know.

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #2,267 of 13,350
Quote:
I wouldn't say that you "need more time" with the new stack. I'd say that I always am able to hear and appreciate the changes in gear most when I first get it. Then after that, I've gotten "used" to the new sound and have a tougher time appreciating the differences. 

You have a great stack...enjoy!!

haha thanks! yeah I do notice huge differences already, but i'm just saying i want the whole 'new gear' feeling to pass so I can make a fair judgement. that being said, its already a phenomenal improvement... gotta love the finesse this stack delivers. 

Jun 6, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #2,268 of 13,350
Quote:
Looks like its time i joined the club, finally got my first schiit stack! got a bifrost and lyr for my HD650. I'm coming from an ASUS Xonar STX, and I gotta say, the separation and the crispness and the finesse this stack has compared to the stx is phenomenal. Granted, I only just got it two days ago, so I'll need more time to listen to it.

By the way, does anyone know how to properly set up the bifrost with winamp? I do have the usb version and i'm trying out WASAPI out to optical or USB, but winamp output stream sample rate seems to stay at 44100Hz, even though the incoming stream is sometimes more (48000Hz, 96000Hz).

Thanks!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/588677/a-short-audiophile-guide-to-winamp-w-maiko-wasapi

is what i referenced. it should be bitperfect if everything it set right.

Jun 6, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #2,269 of 13,350
Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/588677/a-short-audiophile-guide-to-winamp-w-maiko-wasapi

is what i referenced. it should be bitperfect if everything it set right.

thanks for that, i think i set everything right. However, how do I know its running at the correct sample rate? My buddy just got a Gungnir (running through optical) and everytime it changes sample rates, i hear the relays click. My bifrost on the other hand, also running optical, only clicks when i switch to 192KHz. Is that normal?

Jun 6, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #2,270 of 13,350
thanks for that, i think i set everything right. However, how do I know its running at the correct sample rate? My buddy just got a Gungnir (running through optical) and everytime it changes sample rates, i hear the relays click. My bifrost on the other hand, also running optical, only clicks when i switch to 192KHz. Is that normal?

been a while since I had bifrost. gungnir clicked but not often since most of my music was the same bit depth/sample rate. it should click between 44.1, 48, 96, 192 changes, afaik.

when music is playing you can click the maiko icon that should pop up in the taskbar. it will say what's being input and what's being output. if they match then you should be all good.

if you don't see it I can make a screenshot later of the dialog I'm referring to.

Jun 6, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #2,271 of 13,350
Yup they match, input stream and output stream. Thanks a bunch!

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #2,272 of 13,350

Howdy fellas,

I to am a proud owner of the Magni and the Gungnir. I'm using them with a Hp sleek book 14 - windows 8 (64) and Jriver MC18. I'm able to stream bit perfect using Asio output and it sounds wonderful. But I do have a hiccup and not sure how to fix maybe someone here can shed some light.

I purchased the dac this year around May, it does have the updated USB Gen2 but I get no sound while playing 24 bit 48khz,96, and 192. The file plays but no sound. On the other hand 16/44, 24/44/88/176 stream bit perfect without a glitch. I'm using the windows 8 driver off Schiit website I and uninstalled then reinstalled the driver but still nothing. The same goes for the other output modes on Jriver direct connection, and wasapi file plays but no sound. Also when I go into speaker properties to test sounds for 24/48,96,192 playback I get zero sound but the other files test correct.

Driver details: U6631-6631A-12076-8.0.11.80(W8-ER-01)

Any advice, thanks,

T

Jun 7, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #2,273 of 13,350
You should send Jason an email and ask him this question. I have a feeling he will know the answer. 
size]

gL...

Jun 7, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #2,274 of 13,350
I've had my Schiit for about a year now, still loving it! Just installed the Uber Analog this morning, and it's mighty fine.
wink_face.gif

Jun 7, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #2,275 of 13,350
You should send Jason an email and ask him this question. I have a feeling he will know the answer. 
size]

gL...
I did that today actually. His response: try it on another PC and they don't have any issues with their windows 8-Jriver eq. It has to be an issue with my netbook driver. I just emailed Hp tech support ill figure it out sooner or later.

Thanks

Jun 8, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #2,276 of 13,350
Figured it was bout time I joined this thread.  I'm now a proud owner of some used Schiit (odd how that sounds when you say it out loud eh?
tongue.gif
couldn't resist)

But yea... hats off to smellyfungus for the excellent and smooth transaction... loving the mojo/gungnir stack
biggrin.gif
it's killing time wayyyy too fast.

Jun 8, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #2,277 of 13,350
Quote:
Figured it was bout time I joined this thread.  I'm now a proud owner of some used Schiit (odd how that sounds when you say it out loud eh?
tongue.gif
couldn't resist)

But yea... hats off to smellyfungus for the excellent and smooth transaction... loving the mojo/gungnir stack
biggrin.gif
it's killing time wayyyy too fast.

Nice score on the Gungnir! Now all you need is some tubes!
wink_face.gif

Jun 8, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #2,279 of 13,350
Quote:
mjolnir is ss though 
confused.gif

Yes but you can extract just that infinitesimally small extra bit of detail and warmth by holding a Siemens CCa in one hand and standing on your right leg, all the while thinking happy thoughts.

wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back