Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions
Feb 20, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #2,431 of 6,930
Please be aware that Schiit has been unable to keep its delivery promise date on the Schiit Mjolnir 2. They show it as backordered with a shipping date that is up to three weeks in the future, but as that date approaches, they move the delivery date out another two weeks.

So far they have done this to me three times, promising me an initial date of week of January 29 when I ordered on Dec. 27, then moving it out to February 15, then to Feb 22, and just now, to March 6. When they moved it to Feb, 22, I asked for what their REAL delivery date would be, and they said Feb. 22.

When they do this, they do not inform you as one who ordered, but merely post it on the web listing for the product and on your individual order record, which you have to sign in and view. There is no letter of explanation.

At least one other person has said that he ordered his Mjolnir 2 in October and at last report still didn’t have it.

According to their Operations Director who sets their production priorities, their production resources are being preempted by other products that sell more units, in particular the Magni 3.

So if you order a Mjolnir 2, be prepared to wait FAR LONGER than the initial backordered date provided with your order.

Feb 20, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #2,432 of 6,930
Yes I am still waiting since October - it is coming up to the 6 month - I was told they were waiting for the boards to arrive. Even when they ship it will be another week before I get it on the East coast

I respect that they have not charged me

However with this kind of delay the amp will be discontinued or version 3 will be released
:)
My challenge is that there's nothing else on the market with the flexibilty and features

This rolling delay 4 or 5 days before the planned ship date has got old

Come on let us get this over with and start shipping amps

Feb 20, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #2,433 of 6,930
Yes I am still waiting since October - it is coming up to the 6 month - I was told they were waiting for the boards to arrive. Even when they ship it will be another week before I get it on the East coast

I respect that they have not charged me

However with this kind of delay the amp will be discontinued or version 3 will be released
:)
My challenge is that there's nothing else on the market with the flexibilty and features

This rolling delay 4 or 5 days before the planned ship date has got old

Come on let us get this over with and start shipping amps

I really don't like this news! I just sold my Lyr 2 and ordered the Mjolnir 2 today! I have lots of tubes to roll and now nothing to put them in. Anyway, not much I can do about it but wait like the rest of you...

Feb 21, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #2,436 of 6,930
Or a LYR2 ... not to be scoffed at as a Tube/SS amplifier... and in stock. I kept the Lyr after I bought the MJ2 and it still does great service.

Feb 21, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #2,437 of 6,930
I LOVED my Lyr2. I sold it , though, to buy the Mjolnir 2, as with some new headphones, I wanted a balanced amp.

Feb 22, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #2,440 of 6,930
If you want a good solid state ... Vioelectric might still have a 10% winter sale going on.

I have both the MJ2 and V280 ... Very happy camper

Though, I need to find better set of y XLR cables .. the 18 inch pair I have from Blue Jean Cables are a bit too thin. They only have the one type of wire to chose.

Feb 22, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #2,441 of 6,930
Still deciding. I may decide I don't need a new amp.

The only other amp that is similar to the Mjolnir 2, that’s readily available, and take the same tubes, is the Pathos Aurium.

Feb 22, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #2,444 of 6,930
Just ordered my Mjolnir 2 a couple days ago. I sent Schiit an email inquiring about their confidence in the current March 6 date. I'll update when I hear back.

Feb 22, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #2,445 of 6,930
Thanks. I will check that model out.
I had both of them, end up selling my mj2. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying pa is better than Mj2, I just prefer PA, cause the sound is softer, warmer and more peaceful and colorful. However, mj2 wins in sound stage, power, and sorta more detailed, and mj has balanced output which pa doesn’t have.
It’s hard to find a amp has a sound signature as mature as pa in this price range, it’s also hard to get one with such outstanding SQ as mj2 as well...so It’s a hard to pick one from these 2.
The case is, if you don’t want to upgrade your system in the short future, I suggest you go for PA, cause it’s easy to get one amp has better sq than both in a higher price range. But it’s hard to get one has such a mature sound signature in even higher price range, you probably need to raise your budget to $2000 to get a amp that can deliver the same feeling as pa do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back