Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #8,581 of 8,735
i have to say my favorite tubes are the three a frame oranges. That said my voshods from pooters(headphoneus) has not arrived yet

Anyone knows any other seller selling legit GOOD voshods?(voskods? exactly what IS their name?)

Jul 17, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #8,582 of 8,735
i have to say my favorite tubes are the three a frame oranges. That said my voshods from pooters(headphoneus) has not arrived yet

Anyone knows any other seller selling legit GOOD voshods?(voskods? exactly what IS their name?)

It's Voskhod, the name of the first multi-person spacecraft launched by the Soviets in 1964 and 1965. I got mine from these people http://www.boiaudioworks.com/6dj8 although the tubes in question are listed as sold out on this page. The are not NOS, however. Here is another source: http://www.tubes-store.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=18 . I have gotten NOS tubes (the Amperex 7308, which I love but not Voskhods) from this site http://www.upscaleaudio.com/6922/.

Jul 17, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #8,583 of 8,735
I'm sold out of the  6n23p Voskhod '79 Silver Shield - matched sections and tubes...thanks for the overwhelming response!  They are shipping today from Seattle - should have them in a couple of days.

The unbelievable - Supreme '75 Gray Shields arrived today (4 weeks from Russia) exact matched date codes and excellent matching across sections and tubes - they are all spoken for as well.  Some folks had reserved them.   Thanks again!

I've been scouring all the Russian dealers for more of these vintage early to mid 70's 6n23p V-Rs - there are none to be found.  If I manage to uncover a few more prs.  You guys will see them first, before I list them on the BB or Ebay.

I'm still waiting for the '73s to arrive to finish up my mega review of all the vintage Voskhods vs the Euros & Americans.
It should be fun!

I have been listening for hours each night - even during burn-in - and the level of detail on these with the HD800/Black Dragons is profound.   Every 1970s 6n23p Voskhod Rocket I have heard is absolutely dead quite - the noise floor on these is only from the recording studio.  Newer recordings are ink black, older ones you can clearly hear the Ampex tape hiss.  That's how revealing these V-Rs are.

One note - because these '75s are so sweet in sound, never harsh at all, I have been experimenting with added volume.  On the Lyr I can turn up the level another 10% without any stridency or sibilance - this added volume brings out even more detail and expands the sound stage as well.  The sound is so encompassing on some recordings it's almost surround sound I can hear reflected sound from behind me!  - spooky good!

Enjoy!

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #8,584 of 8,735
Quote:
I'm sold out of the  6n23p Voskhod '79 Silver Shield - matched sections and tubes...thanks for the overwhelming response!  They are shipping today from Seattle - should have them in a couple of days.

The unbelievable - Supreme '75 Gray Shields arrived today (4 weeks from Russia) exact matched date codes and excellent matching across sections and tubes - they are all spoken for as well.  Some folks had reserved them.   Thanks again!

I've been scouring all the Russian dealers for more of these vintage early to mid 70's 6n23p V-Rs - there are none to be found.  If I manage to uncover a few more prs.  You guys will see them first, before I list them on the BB or Ebay.

I'm still waiting for the '73s to arrive to finish up my mega review of all the vintage Voskhods vs the Euros & Americans.
It should be fun!

I have been listening for hours each night - even during burn-in - and the level of detail on these with the HD800/Black Dragons is profound.   Every 1970s 6n23p Voskhod Rocket I have heard is absolutely dead quite - the noise floor on these is only from the recording studio.  Newer recordings are ink black, older ones you can clearly hear the Ampex tape hiss.  That's how revealing these V-Rs are.

One note - because these '75s are so sweet in sound, never harsh at all, I have been experimenting with added volume.  On the Lyr I can turn up the level another 10% without any stridency or sibilance - this added volume brings out even more detail and expands the sound stage as well.  The sound is so encompassing on some recordings it's almost surround sound I can hear reflected sound from behind me!  - spooky good!

Enjoy!

exactly where did you mention what you had and which one to choose?-.-

Jul 17, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #8,586 of 8,735
Thanks a lot for the help guys.
I just got some Amperex Orange Globe tubes from another user here on Head-Fi. He sent me two pairs for $45.

They are a huge improvement in terms of the sibilance and brightness I was having issues with before, when compared to the GE tubes. I'm really loving the sound on my Audeze LCD-2.2s now. :)

Jul 17, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #8,587 of 8,735
man...I'm in LA but I'm heading back to Kansas today, I'm also sad that missing out headphone guys meeting this Saturday...

frown.gif

hope you guys have fun there!

Jul 17, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #8,590 of 8,735
Quote:
exactly where did you mention what you had and which one to choose?-.-

Well right here:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/549508/schiit-lyr-the-tube-rolling-thread/8550#post_9617034

and one page back  http://www.head-fi.org/t/549508/schiit-lyr-the-tube-rolling-thread/8565#post_9619597.

I still have the 1980s available.  Silver shield matching date codes.  Tested on my Sencor TC-162 tester for no shorts, passed gas emissions, and excellent matched output (like NOS).

Quote:
Sorry to hear...well I have an extra pair of 1980 Silvers Voskhods available for $20 plus $5 shipping.  Matched and tested on my Sencor tester if you want to give them a try.  Just PM me if interested.

These are way better then the later 1980s gray shields that are being sold on Ebay and the Russian Dealers.  Beside it sucks having to wait 3 weeks for shipping and the shipping is more expensive.

These are a good introduction to the Voskhod sound - for just a few bucks.  PM me if interested.

Jul 17, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #8,591 of 8,735
Quote:
They sound so good...crying

You should hear the '75 Grays and Silvers!  They get a hold of you and sweep you away.  '74s are good, so are the '76, '77 and '78s.  The '75s are El-Supremo so far.

But I have the '73s coming - different construction - with the wire getter.  Not expecting them to unseat the Czar '75s.

Glad more folks are getting tuned into these...enjoy!

Jul 17, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #8,592 of 8,735
Quote:
Thanks a lot for the help guys.
I just got some Amperex Orange Globe tubes from another user here on Head-Fi. He sent me two pairs for $45.

They are a huge improvement in terms of the sibilance and brightness I was having issues with before, when compared to the GE tubes. I'm really loving the sound on my Audeze LCD-2.2s now.
smily_headphones1.gif

omg.. 2 pairs for 44 bucks? and i am listening to x1 while you listen to lcd 2...

too jeolous,.,.not healthy,, must..do yoga

Jul 17, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #8,593 of 8,735
Quote:
Well right here:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/549508/schiit-lyr-the-tube-rolling-thread/8550#post_9617034

and one page back  http://www.head-fi.org/t/549508/schiit-lyr-the-tube-rolling-thread/8565#post_9619597.

I still have the 1980s available.  Silver shield matching date codes.  Tested on my Sencor TC-162 tester for no shorts, passed gas emissions, and excellent matched output (like NOS).

These are way better then the later 1980s gray shields that are being sold on Ebay and the Russian Dealers.  Beside it sucks having to wait 3 weeks for shipping and the shipping is more expensive.

These are a good introduction to the Voskhod sound - for just a few bucks.  PM me if interested.

ok, the 80s silver, they on par with the ones you already sold? seems like you think they are worth 2/3? is the sound as such scaled?

Jul 17, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #8,594 of 8,735
Quote:
You should hear the '75 Grays and Silvers!  They get a hold of you and sweep you away.  '74s are good, so are the '76, '77 and '78s.  The '75s are El-Supremo so far.

But I have the '73s coming - different construction - with the wire getter.  Not expecting them to unseat the Czar '75s.

Glad more folks are getting tuned into these...enjoy!

the...Czar....?|?? o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back