Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade
Nov 19, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #1,202 of 1,448
madwolfa StanD

http://www.head-fi.org/t/701900/schiit-happened-the-story-of-the-worlds-most-improbable-start-up/3810#post_11058782

Even the guy who created the Wyrd thinks it changes the sound for the better.

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #1,205 of 1,448
I'm digging the Bifrost so much that I kind of which I had got a Gungnir now 
frown.gif

My original plan was to get the Bifrost to hold me over till the Yggy was released but being honest with myself I don't think I'll be able to drop that kinda coin for awhile if ever.  

Nov 20, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #1,206 of 1,448
I'm digging the Bifrost so much that I kind of which I had got a Gungnir now :frowning2:

My original plan was to get the Bifrost to hold me over till the Yggy was released but being honest with myself I don't think I'll be able to drop that kinda coin for awhile if ever.  

Yea I plan to do the same next year.

Nov 21, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #1,207 of 1,448
@madwolfa @StanD

http://www.head-fi.org/t/701900/schiit-happened-the-story-of-the-worlds-most-improbable-start-up/3810#post_11058782

Even the guy who created the Wyrd thinks it changes the sound for the better.

I still don't buy into this. This technology is simple enough to understand, so there's no reason. If anyone enjoys the product, that's fine with me, it's not a wallet buster so have fun. If it ran a grand would you still open your wallet for it? 
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #1,208 of 1,448
  If it ran a grand would you still open your wallet for it? 
biggrin.gif

I can bet my money there are people who would.

Nov 21, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #1,210 of 1,448
I still don't buy into this. This technology is simple enough to understand, so there's no reason. If anyone enjoys the product, that's fine with me, it's not a wallet buster so have fun. If it ran a grand would you still open your wallet for it? :D

Of course I wouldn't but I wanted to show you two that I'm not the only who thought it changed the sound, and for the better

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #1,211 of 1,448
Hi,

Wondering if there is anyone here who has done extensive testing or A/B-ing between the Schiit Bifrost and the Schiit Bifrost Uber? I have read many comments on the Uber, but nobody has actually done any objective testing between the two as many of the comments seem to be biased on the fact that they have upgraded to the Uber and ONLY the Uber sounds good? It is my understanding that the more resolving a DAC is, the more bright it would sound? Would anyone have anything to say on this matter here on Head-Fi?

Is the Uber actually worth the money (compared to the base, non-Uber Bifrost)? And if so, how big are the differences between the two - in terms of resolution and sound signature (highs/mids/bass)? As different sounding DACs would complement different headphones or amps differently, depending on their inclination or "affinity" to a particular sound signature (i.e. warm or bright vs. dark)? As some bright headphones are better paired with a darker amp, etc...

Thanks.

Dec 5, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #1,212 of 1,448
^.  I installed the USB board and the Uber Analog. The USB implementation is much better, a la Gungnir. The Uber installation removed some of the graininess that I experienced with the original Bifrost. There was also a slight increase in the deepening and the 3-D nature of the SQ. All IME of course.

Dec 5, 2014 at 4:02 AM Post #1,213 of 1,448
In your opinion, how much of a percentage of a sound quality increase was there? Was it justified to spend that extra money? The main reason why I ask this is that I recently bought the base (non-Uber Bifrost) and am wondering whether I should have spent the extra money on the full Uber package. Thanks.

Dec 5, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #1,214 of 1,448
I'm saying yes. In this hobby, upgrades like these makes one appreciate more nuances and subtleties in the music that were not heard before. It's not a step function if you know what I mean. And further more, highly revealing HPs like the HD 800 become that more enjoyable to listen to. As is commonly known, better upstream gear always brings out the best in good HPs. And it also reveals lousy recordings; I am now methodically upgrading my source music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back