Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade
Jul 7, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #1,066 of 1,448
  Hi,

Just wondering if anybody could help, I have had the uber upgrade fitted for a while now and I have just fitted the USB Gen 2 upgrade today. When I go into playback devices / Shiit USB Audio Device / Advanced its does not show 24/176.4 but shows 16/176.4 ?. I am using Windows 8.1 if this helps at all.

Thanks in advance, Paul.

Did you install Schiit's driver, from their website?

Jul 8, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #1,076 of 1,448
On a different note, has anyone tried an ipod using the onkyo nd-s1 digital transport into any Schiit DAC? I wrote to them about this but their technician had no idea. They suggested the pure i20, which is possible to buy here in Taiwan.

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #1,077 of 1,448
On a different note, has anyone tried an ipod using the onkyo nd-s1 digital transport into any Schiit DAC? I wrote to them about this but their technician had no idea. They suggested the pure i20, which is possible to buy here in Taiwan.

It looks like it has both optical and coax SPDIF out, so in theory it should work with either the Optical SPIDF Modi, Bifrost or Gungnir.

Jul 9, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #1,078 of 1,448
  It looks like it has both optical and coax SPDIF out, so in theory it should work with either the Optical SPIDF Modi, Bifrost or Gungnir.

Hi Stan:

What has your experience been with the SPDIF ? I used to have a bridge that I don't use since its apparently limited to 24/96 (I know, I'm trying not rake up the why you need more than 44.1 issue).

Jul 9, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #1,079 of 1,448
  Hi Stan:

What has your experience been with the SPDIF ? I used to have a bridge that I don't use since its apparently limited to 24/96 (I know, I'm trying not rake up the why you need more than 44.1 issue).

I have a USB to SPDIF converter optical/coax as well as a FiiO E18 which can do the same only coax but limited to 24/96. Both worked fine connecting to my Bifrost, however, I didn't try it with anything above 24/96. My converter can go all the way to 192 but as I said, never tried it above 24/96. I bought the converter just to see how it would work.

Jul 9, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #1,080 of 1,448
  I have a USB to SPDIF converter optical/coax as well as a FiiO E18 which can do the same only coax but limited to 24/96. Both worked fine connecting to my Bifrost, however, I didn't try it with anything above 24/96. My converter can go all the way to 192 but as I said, never tried it above 24/96. I bought the converter just to see how it would work.

I have the BNC Halide bridge. It sounded fine on the Bifrost and Gungnir but when I went USB to USB it was my sense that the overall sound became fuller and a tad more refined. I think the USBs on the Schiit DACs are implemented very well. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back