Sansa clip zip headphones
Nov 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #3 of 35

madmonkey

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 26, 2012
Posts
228
Likes
11
http://www.amazon.com/Crossfade-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone-Gunmetal/dp/B003BYRGKY/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353978957&sr=1-7&keywords=headphones i have the worst luck on these things first i order these after reading lots of reviews .luckly i read a few more who said these aint to good for rock
i been reading reviews all day glad i found this site
 
Nov 26, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #4 of 35

proton007

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Posts
3,518
Likes
179
So how much do you want to spend? There are better headphones out there for <100, but for the price the koss is also good.
For rock you can also get Grado SR60.
 
Nov 26, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #5 of 35

madmonkey

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 26, 2012
Posts
228
Likes
11
i would love to stay under 50 bucks. Looks dont matter to me at all .i just want decent sound for like 50 and below.but i understand ill be at the low end of the spectrum most my music is ripped at 128 wma. so i think amazeing headphones will be overkill
 
Nov 26, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #6 of 35

proton007

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Posts
3,518
Likes
179
Quote:
i would love to stay under 50 bucks. Looks dont matter to me at all .i just want decent sound for like 50 and below.but i understand ill be at the low end of the spectrum most my music is ripped at 128 wma. so i think amazeing headphones will be overkill

 
Then I think the Koss is alright. Thats if you want something new. If you have access to a second hand market (maybe you can look around here on head-fi), you can get something better for under 50.
But serioulsy, consider using atleast 256kbps MP3 or AAC for your music. 128 is noticeably low quality.
 
Nov 26, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #7 of 35

madmonkey

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 26, 2012
Posts
228
Likes
11
Yeah the days i was ripping my cds i was ina hurry and didnt think of long term .if i went up to 80 bucks.is there something else you can recommend . i see the sonys v6 and creative aurora are in that price range
 
Nov 26, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #8 of 35

proton007

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Posts
3,518
Likes
179
Quote:
Yeah the days i was ripping my cds i was ina hurry and didnt think of long term .if i went up to 80 bucks.is there something else you can recommend . i see the sonys v6 and creative aurora are in that price range

 
Sennheiser PX100-II ($50)
Grado SR60i ($79)
Creative Aurvana Live ($60) also a good choice.
 
Nov 26, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #9 of 35

madmonkey

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 26, 2012
Posts
228
Likes
11
Well i just ordered the koss porto pros i mean 30 bucks cant go wrong....I doubt my dap is good enough for a better set anyways. I kinda recall having a pair that radio shack made years ago and they sounded decent. . Some day ill get a better dap and better headphones. Used to have sony minidisc and some mdr v6 it was a decent combo i miss minidisc. Ps this forum rocks
 
Nov 27, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #12 of 35

madmonkey

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 26, 2012
Posts
228
Likes
11
LOl i canceled em anyways soon as i added em to cart they dropped to 28 bucks. my timing sucks tonight. right now im thinking a the creative aurura will they be decent for rock and metal?
 
Nov 27, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #13 of 35

proton007

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Feb 9, 2012
Posts
3,518
Likes
179
Quote:
LOl i canceled em anyways soon as i added em to cart they dropped to 28 bucks. my timing sucks tonight. right now im thinking a the creative aurura will they be decent for rock and metal?


The Creative has a bass driven sound. Not sure if it works well for rock/metal, but really good for rap/hip hop/dub etc.
 
From what I read on head-fi, it seems the grado 60i/80i is recommended for rock/metal, but not good for music with high bass.
 
Nov 27, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #14 of 35

madmonkey

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 26, 2012
Posts
228
Likes
11
Well they droped the koss to 28 bucks so i bought them .LOL now there at 40 bucks . amazon sure does some odd stuff,.i also bought a cheap amp for 9 bucks im sure it will be awefull but ill only be out a little bit
 
Nov 27, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #15 of 35

soundstige

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jul 30, 2011
Posts
1,836
Likes
250
The PortaPros are great at their price range for rock.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top