Sansa Clip + good enough?
Sep 10, 2010 at 8:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

desired

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone.

I'm considering acquiring a Cowon iAudio 7 because of its power, FLAC format, battery and size but since its so hard to get one I thought to get Sansa Clip +. I would use RE0 earphones and probably an E3 or E5 amplifier, what do you think about it? I like Clip+ because its smaller, has Micro SD slot and Rockbox support, but I'm not sure because of the battery and sound quality compared to iAudio 7...

Sep 10, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #2 of 13
The clip+ is a fantastic portable source. Rockbox is functional and does everything you want and more, but at the expense of a little battery life. Battery lasts a while if you don't fiddle with much, but don't expect 55 hours or whatever Cowon is quoting.

May I suggest a Fuze (not Fuze+) rockboxed? Better battery life and it shouldn't cost too much more.

Sep 10, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #4 of 13

Quote:
The clip+ is a fantastic portable source. Rockbox is functional and does everything you want and more, but at the expense of a little battery life. Battery lasts a while if you don't fiddle with much, but don't expect 55 hours or whatever Cowon is quoting.

May I suggest a Fuze (not Fuze+) rockboxed? Better battery life and it shouldn't cost too much more.

Rockbox improved my battery life by 3 hours or more. That said, it'll never have the battery life of a Cowon.
smile_phones.gif

Sep 12, 2010 at 6:50 AM Post #5 of 13
The clip+ (rockboxed) & RE-ZERO go well together.

Oct 31, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #7 of 13
You would be surprised how good a Clip+ sounds for the size and money, Rockbox it and its so much better, battery life is really good 2. Great with the Reo's even better amped with Fiio E5. Buy now.

Oct 31, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #8 of 13
You won't be able to use the clip+ with a DAC because its output is analogue. You could connect its headphone output to a portable amp, but honestly, the Clip+ is a very good player even without an amp.

Quote:
Sorry for bumpping a old thread...
Does a DAC helps this player?? Is it worth the price of a portable DAC?

Nov 1, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #9 of 13
Looking at the price and appreciation clip+ is getting i went ahead and ordered one.. will be getting it in weeks time.. For now will be pairing it with PL-50 ..

Nov 1, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #10 of 13
Make sure you come back and give your opinion on it
smily_headphones1.gif

Personally, I'm sure you'll love it.

I'd steer clear of the presets, though. Fiddle with the EQ to get the sound you fancy (or close approximation thereof...)

Nov 14, 2010 at 5:15 AM Post #11 of 13
I got it couple of days back .. I am just loving it.. definietly better than other sources i had till date -my phone(5800XM) and my computer.. 
I am listening thru ATH-a700 and PL-50..
I miss a little bit of bass in A700 but the PL-50 is just give the right amount of bass i need..
Now i am a little dissapointed that i miss the soundstage from both the HP and IEM..

Feb 12, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #12 of 13
I got a clip plus Rockboxed running into Yuin PK3s playing losseles ALAC files I was blown away by the detail, imagining and expanded sound stage.  Upper frequencies sometimes seemed to roll off or ceiling at some point where detail was present but tone was the same.  This was such an improvement to listening to a second generation nano.  Looking forward to comparing it line out with 5.5 ipod video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back