RSA MUSTANG P-51 . little amp BIG sound . image 1, 28, 30, 55, 59, 61 Reviews, 30, 34 . Post images . Monitors pg 1
Dec 14, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #436 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphile808 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2 on that, as a matter of fact he's making one for me right now! Jena Labs 18AWG Cryo/XLO HT Mini Plug/Silver Dock Connector. It should match up quite well w/the P-51 Mustang (ordering soon). Looking at AT ATH-AD900s as a synergestic pairing for my home listening w/Mustang as well.
Good Luck & Happy Holidays
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

He is making something like that for me too. I just need to decide on an amp and will probably go with the mustang. Happy Holidays to you too.

Dec 15, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #437 of 1,220
LilKnight,

Recable the esw10 with some 26awg stranded SPC in Teflon. I did mine in 6 strands of 30 awg stranded spc in black which is a big improvement IMO with the esw9 most noted in the treble which used to seam recessed. Much more weight to notes and cleaner. When combined with the mod I outlined it is in a different class and much closer to neutral, but distinctly a fun phone. Offer still stands for free materials

Dec 16, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #440 of 1,220
OK, the Mustang sounds like a great amp. Yesterday, as a test to test portable source options, I connected my W3s to a friend's new IPhone loaded with admittedly mostly not-well-recorded and/or low-bit-rate music, and, quite frankly, it sounded like poop, especially when a lot of instruments play at the same time. I bought my son an IPod Touch for Xmas that I will do more controlled testing on, including lossless rips. Anyhow, using the same IEMs out of my custom-built with great DAC CD player at home sounds very involving and accurate (for IEMs). Will an external amp such as this, along with a quality LOD, such as Lil'Knights, REALLY improve the quality of an IPod Touch's (which I am considering buying) sound, sufficiently to be considered HiFi or is it only just marginally better? I.E., if I don't like the reproduction out of the HP out, am I likely to not be satisfied P-51-amped as well? Is the problem the DAC or the analog amp/volume control? Sorry if elsewhere this subject has been beaten to death...

Dec 17, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #441 of 1,220
I'm using the P51 (at 230th hour burn-in) with the KSC35 recabled with UE cable, fed by the DacMagic. The sound is surprisingly good, deepest bass in the the portable stuffs I've ever heard. I'm glad that I sold the MS1 and keep the KSC35
biggrin.gif

Can't wait to receive my PK1 and try with the P51. Not really satisfied with the OK3, but I think the PK1 would be far better.

Dec 17, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #443 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm using the P51 (at 230th hour burn-in) with the KSC35 recabled with UE cable, fed by the DacMagic. The sound is surprisingly good, deepest bass in the the portable stuffs I've ever heard. I'm glad that I sold the MS1 and keep the KSC35
biggrin.gif

Can't wait to receive my PK1 and try with the P51. Not really satisfied with the OK3, but I think the PK1 would be far better.

Have you noticed any changes past the 100th hour?

Dec 17, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #444 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by flargosa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you noticed any changes past the 100th hour?

Not really much. Biggest change is in the treble. Less harsh than from out-of-the-box. Very pleasant to listen now.

Dec 17, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #445 of 1,220
That's the biggest thing I'm hearing now too... lessening of the treble harshness. Granted I only have about 30-40 hours on it so far, but going from the Sony alone, to the Sony/Mustang, I hear a softening of any harshness in the mids & treble. But bass is deeper and more impactful as well. The little Sony holds up quite well on its own. We're talking pretty subtle differences to this point.

Dec 17, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #447 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe my burn-in will stop after 10th charge
smily_headphones1.gif

On the 4th one...

I'm still on my first.....
confused_face.gif

Dec 17, 2008 at 9:21 AM Post #450 of 1,220
When I see the photo of P-51 next to AKG701, i'm wondering if it's good/strong enough to drive it or any other can with high impedance.

Has anyone tried to use it for HD650/AKG701/Denon D2000/PK1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back