RSA MUSTANG P-51 . little amp BIG sound . image 1, 28, 30, 55, 59, 61 Reviews, 30, 34 . Post images . Monitors pg 1
Dec 14, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #421 of 1,220
The more I listen to the combo P51+ESW10JPN, the more I grow my love for them. They do sound like heaven! Liquid mid and full of powerful bass which I always require in every cans I buy.
I'm now thinking of recabling the ESW10JPN with better cable. The stock one is nice but really short.

Dec 14, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #422 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The more I listen to the combo P51+ESW10JPN, the more I grow my love for them. They do sound like heaven! Liquid mid and full of powerful bass which I always require in every cans I buy.
I'm now thinking of recabling the ESW10JPN with better cable. The stock one is nice but really short.

The ESW10's look very interesting. I have heard pros and cons on the highs. How do they sound to you? Detail?

Dec 14, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #423 of 1,220
I think the best of the ESW10's is the mid. Listening to some vocal and instrument songs, I can feel the smoothness and reality. Detail is absolutely one of their strong points.
Haven't tried them ampless (always use them with the P51) but I think the high is acceptable. I don't feel any fatigue when listening for a long time.
What I feel unsatisfied is the comfort. My ears hurts after 2 hours wearing
frown.gif

Dec 14, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #424 of 1,220
That's right, they rest on the ear rather than around it. Even the Ed. 9, that go around the ear, can be a tight fit and used to hurt my right ear after a while.

I wonder if they will feel better with time and they mold and conform?

Dec 14, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #425 of 1,220
Has anyone tried P-51 with Yuin Pk1?? I am thinking of ordering PK1 to use with P-51 when I have it. From what I read, I think the sonic characteristics of P-51 and PK1 will well match together. Or any other suggestion for a good pairing ear buds?? Thanks!

Dec 14, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #426 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's right, they rest on the ear rather than around it. Even the Ed. 9, that go around the ear, can be a tight fit and used to hurt my right ear after a while.

I wonder if they will feel better with time and they mold and conform?

Yes, that's it. I only wish the earcups are bigger so that they can cover all my ears.

The earpads does become softer after some usage time. Hopefully it'll be more comfortable.

@moonsurf: My OK2 sounds quite good with the P51 but not as impressive as the full-size cans. The PK1 might be a better choice. The P51 sounds amazing with high impedance cans.

Dec 14, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #427 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by yihyan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From my not burned in P51, Atrio doesn't goes well with it.....

Hi yihyan, as I've also got Atrios (M8s) just wondered of you'd found things improving as it burns-in. I'm actually loving it right out of the box
L3000.gif
Though it is different from my Xin Supermini3, soundstage seems narrower at the moment and has less bass, but overall sound seems cleaner, tighter, more controlled/refined and vocals are amazing
ksc75smile.gif
Anyhow, let us know
popcorn.gif

Dec 14, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #428 of 1,220
I have the P-51 and ESW10 combo, which I am currently in the process of burning in together. I have to admit that they are a match made in heaven....I'm starting to enjoy this setup almost as much as my home setup (WA6 SE > HD650), which means a lot considering that it is a portable setup. The mids are definitely great, but I also love the bass, which always feels smooth and not overly prominent. It might be because of the wood cups, but the bass has a really nice warm reverberation to it, especially on accoustic music, which I do not feel in any of my IEMs (SE530, Westone 3, Superfi 5pro). The highs are also great and do not get tiring at all!

Dec 14, 2008 at 9:24 AM Post #432 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by wwyjoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fellow bros, any recommendations for a good line out cable from my iPhone 3G to Mustang / Westone 3 combo?

Thanks!

I would recommend qusp. His work looks exceptional and he is very communicative.

Dec 14, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #434 of 1,220
After about two days of listening, maybe 7 or 8 hours, here's what I'm hearing (keep in mind my rig: Sony NWZ-A829, Westone 3 or v.2 Atrio, Cardas mini to mini).... So far in the early stages the Mustang just adds subtle improvements to what the Sony does well already. I'm hearing a bit deeper extension and impact in the bass, more forward but natural and smooth mids, and a little more openness in the treble. Soundstage grew too though. It's as if the whole freq. range is opened up and a bit broadened. But in switching back to the Sony it's amazing how the little player holds its own. The sound of it is really fantastic.

I know that it's early on...and I'm certain that the amp will open up, and these qualities will become gradually more magnified. The earphones that display the bigger improvement are the Atrios. I'm using the P51 on high gain to help it run in better, as well as to better drive the Atrios since they're pretty inefficient. But as run in continues, I'm sure I'm hearing bigger differences in the Atrios as compared to straight out of the Sony. The W3's display the same sort of improvements as well, but it's not quite as dramatic. They seem to like gain on medium... high is too much.

More to follow as it continues to run in. I'm also going to shop around for a higher quality mini cable. Oh, and I must say, the build quality is stunningly good. I love the positive feel and resistance to the volume knob, and the illuminated power mini toggle switch.

Dec 14, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #435 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would recommend qusp. His work looks exceptional and he is very communicative.

x2 on that, as a matter of fact he's making one for me right now! Jena Labs 18AWG Cryo/XLO HT Mini Plug/Silver Dock Connector. It should match up quite well w/the P-51 Mustang (ordering soon). Looking at AT ATH-AD900s as a synergetic pairing for my home listening w/Mustang as well.
Good Luck & Happy Holidays
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Users who are viewing this thread

Back