RSA MUSTANG P-51 . little amp BIG sound . image 1, 28, 30, 55, 59, 61 Reviews, 30, 34 . Post images . Monitors pg 1
Dec 18, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #466 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by soyama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pardon me, but that Sony setup, isn't it supposed to be best if you pull the signal from the usbconnector?
Or is the sony player strong enough to deliver a solid signal wich the amp again push to even better hights?
I thought I read something about running and amp out of the headphone jack was a waste of money..

You're probably right. I got the mini to mini connector as a quick fix and am trying to figure out what else is a better way to go. I'm not aware of any cables that to from the Sony's usb port to a mini plug. It looks like a proprietary port. And yeah, the difference this way is pretty subtle, but it's there. The Sony sounds very good on its own.

Dec 18, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #467 of 1,220
Ay, I am happy with my sony s639
smily_headphones1.gif

If one could get the connectorschematics for the usbconnector, I bet one of the DIY guys could lend a hand with the most preferable layout for a LOD.
We only need to know what pin does what in the usbconnector so..
If sony even made it possible to play through the usb..

Dec 18, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #468 of 1,220
Quote:

Ay, I am happy with my sony s639
smily_headphones1.gif

If one could get the connectorschematics for the usbconnector, I bet one of the DIY guys could lend a hand with the most preferable layout for a LOD.
We only need to know what pin does what in the usbconnector so..
If sony even made it possible to play through the usb..

Sorry it's in Japanese, but I've read that you can use this to make LOD for Walkmans.
DCC-NWC1

If you can get a hand on one, just chop the cigarette socket charger off and put a mini-plug.
http://www.h-navi.net/bbs/img/11744772590287.jpg
http://www.h-navi.net/bbs/img/11744772590288.jpg

Dec 18, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #469 of 1,220
btw, any norwegians(oslo) which has this amplifier, or another of the rsa amps? :O

Dec 18, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #470 of 1,220
Dec 18, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #472 of 1,220
Dec 18, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #473 of 1,220
Hopefully it works as a lod, and not just a charger, I see sony has another model like it.. if you check Sony Style USA | Sony VAIO® Computers | Sony Consumer Electronics they sell both.
One is for charging, other is for charging and audio
but its over the fmnet.. dunno wich would be best, the fmpart would be removed anyways.
I belive both would work, but
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #474 of 1,220
So did anyone hear the 51 at the recent NY meet??

Dec 18, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #475 of 1,220
Quote:

a quick google, and it seems amazon sells them atleast
smily_headphones1.gif

Amazon.com: Sony DCC-NWC1 Car Connecting Cable for the NWZ-A800 and NWZ-S600 Series Sony Walkman Video MP3 Player (Black): Electronics

Woohoo, 34$ for a trial cable is not really cheap. I read the description of the cable but they only mention about the charger. Not really sure if there's any audio there.
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, awesome! Thanks.

Lil' Knight- So if someone were to puchase this adapter and send it to you with some funds, could you work your magic and make a LOD out of this?

(because I have NO diy / electrical skills myself!)

Would be great, but again, not really sure it will work
tongue.gif

Dec 19, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #476 of 1,220
My Mustang quite suddenly ran out of power today. I was playing music for break-in and the next minute the red light was gone. It is now re-charging and everything seems normal, but anyone notice similar occurence ? Also, I did not found the playing time per charge-up to be that long as claimed, but still it is more than satisfactory.

The Mustang is my first headphone amp, therefore I have not compared it to any other after-the-market headamp yet. I do find it has some decent drive though. Judging from the positive reviews, it appears the SQ is comparable with other full size headamp as well. I would like to understand, what exactly do I gain by going from the Mustang to premium full size headamp like those offered by Rudistor ?

Thx

Dec 19, 2008 at 10:06 AM Post #477 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by palestofwhite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay a gentle reminder to those who can't tell if the amp is charging, etc. I believe Jamato had touched on this before but I'm going to put it up by request of some. Here goes:

The power indication light will only turn on when the switch is ON.

So this is how you tell how much charge your amp is holding by the switch light:

Blinking/ Pulsating Red - Very Low Charge (You should charge it now)

Faint Red - Half or Low Charge.

Bright Red - Full to High Charge.

You can turn On the switch every now and then to monitor the charge. Currently mine has run 2 days after the 1st charge and is still going well.

Thanks for this. Sorry if this is a stupid question - do i need to turn the switch to 'ON' in order to charge or i can just leave it at the 'OFF' position with the charger adapter plugged on.

Dec 19, 2008 at 12:31 PM Post #480 of 1,220
I really want one of these due to its size + SQ but after shipping and custome fee then conversion to USD will cost about $700 AUD which isn't cheap = (. And no one has a second hand one for sale either. Dang

Users who are viewing this thread

Back