RSA MUSTANG P-51 . little amp BIG sound . image 1, 28, 30, 55, 59, 61 Reviews, 30, 34 . Post images . Monitors pg 1
Dec 12, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #376 of 1,220
Would the P-51 be a step up over the SR-71A?
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 12, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #377 of 1,220
FYI - Canare barely does and only if you are using a Neutrik for the other jack.

Sorry ALO Fans, your Jumbo Dock + recbled headphones don't really stand a chance.

I haven't tested the Switchcraft, but if they do it is the world's tightest squeeze.

Dec 12, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #379 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FYI - Canare barely does and only if you are using a Neutrik for the other jack.

Sorry ALO Fans, your Jumbo Dock + recbled headphones don't really stand a chance.

I haven't tested the Switchcraft, but if they do it is the world's tightest squeeze.

OK germania, in regards to this. the XLO is smaller than the canare, not by much but it is smaller. and it also has flat chamfered edges. so are you saying that if the canare was used the neutrk would be best but the switchcraft MAY fit?? so if the XLO is smaller then the switchcraft should fit; just??

Dec 12, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #381 of 1,220
I use Switchcraft for my IC's in the 1/8 and they fit fine on the 51.

Dec 12, 2008 at 2:39 AM Post #382 of 1,220
I feel reassured now, thanks for all your help & quick responses.
Headphile808

Dec 12, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #383 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO, P-51 is a large step up from the Predator.

Yes, I have heard both at the same time (back in August). It was also when I immediately decided that I need to own this sucker. It is the ONLY piece of audio equipment that I did not make, get second hand, or have gifted. To me, it was that good.

It's a HUGE step up from a Tomahawk!

(a fine IEM amp in its own right)

Dec 12, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #385 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2, I have just received my Mustang today and I'm completely blown away by the quality of this amp. It's A LOT better than the Predator !
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

mind to share how it outdo predator? and i guess you are comparing a out-of-box Mustang with a fully burned in predator?

Dec 12, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #386 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by SierraHotel01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a HUGE step up from a Tomahawk!

(a fine IEM amp in its own right)

ooh boy am i glad somebody say this is a great iem amp!

yea #13 is here and this thing is tiny. i really didn't expect to be this small. i guess i got used to sr71a lately. by the way, how long did you guys charge the amp for the first time?

Dec 12, 2008 at 6:27 AM Post #387 of 1,220
So I would like to share my setup to everybody. Black ipod nano 16GB > P-51 Mustang > Westone 3 . Setup works great and is very stealth looking. I'm just waiting for a good LOD to arrive in the mail. Also, the P-51 fits very nicely under the 4G Nano. Btw, this thing absolutely dwarfs my Zune80/iQube setup and sounds amazing!! Right out of the box I connected to ESW10, and it powered them beautifully and packed a lot more punch to the music than my iQube! I need to review the two amps thoroughly with my HD650 (Silver Dragon Recable), D5000 Markl Mod, ESW10jpn, Westone 3, and Shure SE530, once everything is burned in properly.

Enjoy!!!

DSCF2263.JPG

DSCF2265.JPG

DSCF2280.JPG

Dec 12, 2008 at 6:30 AM Post #388 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but I am getting somewhat of an idea from Skylab's impressions.
wink.gif

Yeah, Skylab's review was really interesting. "The best RSA portable" is really a HUGE statement. But I'm just wondering if this is due to the P51's power. Take note that Skylab didn't use IEMs so perhaps the results were more on the power to handle the cans used for the review. Could it be that the results will vary if IEMs come into play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back