RSA MUSTANG P-51 . little amp BIG sound . image 1, 28, 30, 55, 59, 61 Reviews, 30, 34 . Post images . Monitors pg 1
Dec 11, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #361 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I velcro'd mine to the back of a 120 classic. I put a large majority of my lossless files on it and 4 movies which brought me to about 30gigs. Pulling songs on and off is something that I never really do. If I buy a nano with that intention, I know I would end up frustrated about the size and just leave it with 16g (probably more like 12g after the UI).

I'll probably velcro it to my 80GB 5.5G as well. I was intent on getting a 3G Nano to pair with this baby until I read that it doesn't go well with poorly encoded MP3s.

Quote:

On another note, does anyone have a plastic wrap type sticky material on the base of their Mustang? Mine is usually making contact with the desk surface (ipod on top). A clear sticky plastic to protect it would be nice.

Well I plan to stick those 3M stickers on the corners, the same ones I have on my iQube currently.

3099748218_0ac9844c45.jpg

Dec 11, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #362 of 1,220
Surprised that no one has put this together with a Fuze. Though no true line out, the Fuze headphone out is comepletely flat and perfect for amping. Not to mention it is small like the 3g Nano and can be had with 8 GB capacity with a micro SDHC slot for even more music.

An 8GB Fuze and an 8 GB micro SDHC would cost under $100 shipped nowadays.

Dec 11, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #363 of 1,220
It's interesting how I would never buy a Apple PC because I know they are so overpriced compared to building. I know the iPod is over priced too but for some reason it is my default MP3 player. I bought one last week and did not even shop around for other manufacturers.

I'll have to dig and see if another one catches my eye.

Dec 11, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #364 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I velcro'd mine to the back of a 120 classic. I put a large majority of my lossless files on it and 4 movies which brought me to about 30gigs. Pulling songs on and off is something that I never really do. If I buy a nano with that intention, I know I would end up frustrated about the size and just leave it with 16g (probably more like 12g after the UI).

On another note, does anyone have a plastic wrap type sticky material on the base of their Mustang? Mine is usually making contact with the desk surface (ipod on top). A clear sticky plastic to protect it would be nice.

The Mustang actually came together with 4 3M Bumpon
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #365 of 1,220
What are people doing to bind together their Mustangs and Ipod Classics?
I'm using a piece of velcro, but it still seems loose; are there rubber bands for this purpose? And what about cases? Anything that works well with the Mustang? I have that nice leather (cheap) belkin case, but there's no place to affix the Mustang...

Dec 11, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #366 of 1,220
Some people use those Livestrong rubber wrist bracelets and the like. Another popular alternative would be to buy the velcro strips with tape on the back sides and stick the amp and DAP together like that.

Dec 11, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #368 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAQemUP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some people use those Livestrong rubber wrist bracelets and the like. Another popular alternative would be to buy the velcro strips with tape on the back sides and stick the amp and DAP together like that.

I bought 2" x 2" velcro pads from Wal Mart, measured them appropriately and attached the player to the Mustang. I first tried sticking the velcro to my neoprene iPod case but it would not stay. I had to trace where I wanted the velcro to attach to the iPod, cut a hole in the case with a razor, then attach the velcro directly to the iPod's metal case.

All that's left for me to do now is put on the rubber feet that came with the package.

Dec 11, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #369 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish Ray would make an updated Predator (with USB DAC) with the amp portion from the P-51. That would be sweet.

Did you hear both? So you mean the P51 is better than the Pred?

Dec 11, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #370 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you hear both? So you mean the P51 is better than the Pred?

Well no, I have not heard either. I know that it really comes down to hearing them first hand, but I am getting somewhat of an idea from Skylab's impressions.
wink.gif

Forgive me if I I am mistaken or jumping to conclusions, but I feel like I've read that this little amp is the best portable amp that Ray has put out.

Dec 11, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #371 of 1,220
Quote:

Well no, I have not heard either. I know that it really comes down to hearing them first hand, but I am getting somewhat of an idea from Skylab's impressions.
wink.gif

Forgive me if I I am mistaken or jumping to conclusions, but I feel like I've read that this little amp is setting a new standard for portable amps.

That's the same thing I get from reading through everything about it. Which is why I made perhaps a snap choice to try one out myself. I can't wait to hear it..............

Dec 11, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #372 of 1,220
Quote:

Forgive me if I I am mistaken or jumping to conclusions, but I feel like I've read that this little amp is the best portable amp that Ray has put out.

No need to excuse. I really wish what you say is true.

Dec 11, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #373 of 1,220
Will a LOD w/ a XLO HT mini plug clear the volume knob on the Mustang?

Dec 11, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #374 of 1,220
IMO, P-51 is a large step up from the Predator.

Yes, I have heard both at the same time (back in August). It was also when I immediately decided that I need to own this sucker. It is the ONLY piece of audio equipment that I did not make, get second hand, or have gifted. To me, it was that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back