Rosson Audio Design RAD-0 - Alex's Beautiful New Baby
Dec 14, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #841 of 1,034
Seems like not a lot of people own the RAD-0's as I hear very little in the community about them.

I have to admit that the comfort issues were a major downside as I was getting a hotspot at the top of the headband after only about 30mins.

I've since discovered @puck and his suspension strap system. This has totally changed the headphone for me and now I can listen to them for hours.

The only issue now is they no longer fit in the case with the suspension system attached. Other than that they are perfect.

Dec 14, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #843 of 1,034
Seems like not a lot of people own the RAD-0's as I hear very little in the community about them.

I have to admit that the comfort issues were a major downside as I was getting a hotspot at the top of the headband after only about 30mins.

I've since discovered @puck and his suspension strap system. This has totally changed the headphone for me and now I can listen to them for hours.

The only issue now is they no longer fit in the case with the suspension system attached. Other than that they are perfect.
Same reason for me to let them go, it is the most uncomfortable headphone I have ever owned. Not weight, I am perfectly fine with 600g+ headphones, the clamping pressure was simply way too much.

Dec 14, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #844 of 1,034
I found the tuning kinda wasn't 100% and the big pillows felt strange. Discomfort solved by bending the headband but that top pressure point was still there.

Dec 14, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #845 of 1,034
All good points above. I have to spend more time A/B'ing them with some other TOTL's. I'll be doing a direct comparison with a few this week which should ultimately be the deciding factor in if i'm going to be keeping them or not.

After installing the suspension strap the comfort is no longer an issue at all. I'll see how the RAD-0 stacks up against the LCD5, D800 Pro and Elite's this week.

Dec 14, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #846 of 1,034
All good points above. I have to spend more time A/B'ing them with some other TOTL's. I'll be doing a direct comparison with a few this week which should ultimately be the deciding factor in if i'm going to be keeping them or not.

After installing the suspension strap the comfort is no longer an issue at all. I'll see how the RAD-0 stacks up against the LCD5, D800 Pro and Elite's this week.

It's really a personal thing. I find the D8000 Pro much more comfortable, but I've had others A/B them and they strongly disagree, so to each their own it seems. I've never found the Rad-0 to have too much clamp or extreme discomfort, as I wore them for hours without feeling like I was punishing myself for doing so (and I find the ear pads themselves to be incredibly plush/comfortable). However the D8000 Pro had a better overall fit, even without a suspension strap itself.

Side note, going to plug myself for a second - selling my own pair of Rad-0 on the Head-Fi classifieds! I love them, I just need to diversify funds and the D8000 Pro have won out for me for the time being. I'd 1000% buy another Rosson headphone given the chance though, only good things to say about them (I might even be inclined to just get another Rad-0 down the line once I can...)

Dec 15, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #848 of 1,034
For those that don't know, Rosson has a video posted about bending the headbands to adjust clamp force. It's the same idea as ZMF and lets you totally set that clamp force to whatever is comfortable for you.
Here's a better look at @puck suspension strap system.

I've tried a ZMF Co-Pilot pad as well and it makes the Rosson look really cheap and doesn't fit very well.

Comfort is miles ahead with the suspension strap system.

Attachments

• IMG_2952.jpg
    IMG_2952.jpg
    437.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2953.jpg
    IMG_2953.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 0
Dec 15, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #849 of 1,034
Dec 15, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #850 of 1,034
First day of A/B comparing the RAD's to headphones that I don't own. Today was the Abyss Diana V1 w/V2 pads. My friend and I did an A/B test on a HeadAmp GSX Mini with RME ADI 2 FS DAC.

Wonderful pairing and easily the best I've ever heard the Rosson's. Needless to say I need to stop buying transducers and upgrade my Amp & Dac.

He liked that combo so much he's now in the market to sell the Abyss and buy a Rosson.

Dec 16, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #851 of 1,034
Normally I wouldn't do this but I'm wondering if anyone has a RAD-0 that they would like to sell.

Please PM me.

Thanks

Dec 16, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #852 of 1,034
Has anyone heard the darker tuning of the Rad-0? I'm having a custom one done right now and am having trouble decided between the dark/standard. Thanks!

Dec 19, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #853 of 1,034
Has anyone heard the darker tuning of the Rad-0? I'm having a custom one done right now and am having trouble decided between the dark/standard. Thanks!
I haven't heard the dark tuning of the RAD-0 but I find the stock standard tuning really warm already. Looking at your signature of what you currently own I'd suggest the standard tuning.

You've got an excellent pairing if you own the Qutest & HeadAmp GSX Mini. I heard the RAD-0 on the GSX Mini last Thursday and it was the best I've heard my set with the standard tuning.

Dec 19, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #854 of 1,034
With the @puck suspension strap system installed the RAD's no longer fit in the Rosson case unless you unscrew the strap. I've got mine perfectly dialed in and didn't want to do that every time I wanted to store them so I came up with this solution.

Audeze Travel Case. Fits perfectly even with the yokes being fully extended.

Attachments

• IMG_2974.jpg
    IMG_2974.jpg
    739.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2975.jpg
    IMG_2975.jpg
    687.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2976.jpg
    IMG_2976.jpg
    785.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2977.jpg
    IMG_2977.jpg
    872.1 KB · Views: 0
Dec 25, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #855 of 1,034
Hello Hied-Fiers,
I am relatively new to this hobby, and I am very impressed with what I have read about the Rosson Audio RAD-0 either through forums or reviews. I just wanted to get some clarity on couple concerns before hitting that place order button:
1) Hoping to not sound off, is there someone who has compared the tonality of the RAD-0 (non custom shop flat tuning) to that of the Sundaras (ignoring resolution, soundstage, imaging as its an unfair comparison). I picked up Sundaras specifically as they IMO are punchier than the Ananda and Arya which are deemed to be bright, analytic compared to the Sundaras (IMO) as well the RAD-0 (pretty much every review). Resolve in his review said the RAD-0 walk that thin line between musicality and analytical details. To my ears, the Sundaras portray that balance albeit with a teeny tiny bit of sparkle in the mid treble that doesnt bother me. Whilst, I dont expect the RADs to sound like the Sundaras, I wont mind a little warmth compared to the former.
2) If the RADs are leaps and bounds warmer, is there a comparison portraying the differences between the brighter tuned custom shop RADs and flat tuned non custom shop RADs.

Thank you and Merry Christmas🎄

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back