Rosson Audio Design RAD-0 - Alex's Beautiful New Baby
Aug 13, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #826 of 1,035
Look at my profile and you might notice something new was added :wink:

Sep 2, 2021 at 5:30 AM Post #827 of 1,035
It is a bit late for me to find out about this pair of lovely gem! I just got this rare opportunity to listen to them, it wasn't even my original intention to try them during the recent listening session, hoping to find something to compliment my VC. It was an almost two hour listening session and I was trying most of the zmf cans, plus focal (clear & utopia), hd800, adx5000, arya etc. Just before I left, there was a pair of RAD-0 besides my table, and I conveniently picked it up and put it on my head and I instantly got hooked! While I have already owned a pair or VC, RAD-0 is really something else. With hugo2 out, it is just pure listening bliss.

Until I hear something better (I have not heard 1266 / susvara), I will definitely have my eye on this.

Sep 11, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #829 of 1,035
I hope you enjoy my take on the RAD-0 from Rosson Audio Design! Have a great weekend friends!

That was an impressive review! Especially coming from ZMF, this would be a lovely addition planar magnetic pair of headphone, and I enjoyed every bit of it during my reason listening session.

Sep 11, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #830 of 1,035
I hope you enjoy my take on the RAD-0 from Rosson Audio Design! Have a great weekend friends!

While I'm selling my RAD-0 now, I really like them and this review resonates with my own experience: very natural tonality, solid imaging.

Sep 20, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #831 of 1,035
A happy soon-to-be owner! Look forward to spending more time with rad-0 once I get hold of 'em, can't wait!

Sep 22, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #832 of 1,035
Finally - mine is #257 :) They look stunning!

tUcohvs.jpg

PKaXTUL.jpg

hZLhE7E.jpg

Sep 29, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #833 of 1,035
291 - 7 copy.jpg

These arrived this week. Im absolutely loving them.

Sep 29, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #834 of 1,035

These arrived this week. Im absolutely loving them.

Congrats! Not only they are lovely but they sounds superb! Although they are relatively easy to drive (sounds good straight out even from my Lg V30 phone), but they do scale well and reward you with better equipment. My current favourite is to pair them with a SET tube amp (Glenn EL3N) and Hugo2.

Enjoy! I think they are quite rare to comeby, and definitely not getting enough love and attention..

Sep 29, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #835 of 1,035
Congrats! Not only they are lovely but they sounds superb! Although they are relatively easy to drive (sounds good straight out even from my Lg V30 phone), but they do scale well and reward you with better equipment. My current favourite is to pair them with a SET tube amp (Glenn EL3N) and Hugo2.

Enjoy! I think they are quite rare to comeby, and definitely not getting enough love and attention..
So far i've run them from my A&K KANN Alpha with a 4.4mm on mid gain and they sound amazing. Great bass extension with unbelievable detail retrieval. They are super solid in build quality and Rosson's service is top notch. Best customer service i've had in this hobby.

Im thoroughly impressed with the whole experience.

Sep 30, 2021 at 4:07 AM Post #836 of 1,035
So far i've run them from my A&K KANN Alpha with a 4.4mm on mid gain and they sound amazing. Great bass extension with unbelievable detail retrieval. They are super solid in build quality and Rosson's service is top notch. Best customer service i've had in this hobby.

Im thoroughly impressed with the whole experience.

Yes and it is an impressive package in terms of sound and look! I especially love how does the mid sounds on RAD-0, vivid, lush, emotional with hint of warmth. My only small complaint is the hot spot on top of the head after extened hours of listening. Although clamp force is strong but it does wear off after some time of usage.

Enjoy!

Oct 2, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #837 of 1,035
I thought of putting up the thought and comparison between the RAD-0 and ZMF Verite Closed after 1-2 weeks of listening back and forth between them. Again below are strictly based on what I have heard on my gear and my preference.

Both of them are almost on par in detail retrieval with different presentation. Listening to VC, I tend to focus to those instruments, e.g. wow the electric guitar sounds so good, the bass drum, snare, cymbals, they are so realistic, the accompanying violin is just right beside you, there's a cohesiveness throughout the music, together with the vocalist. Being a dynamic closed back, ZMF VC slams harder and it is more fun and engaging to listen to. With the ability to do pad swapping it a plus, as you can alter the sound signature (quite prominent effect) according to your likings or different genre.

Listening to RAD-0 gave me a different presentation, the vocal is the main spotlight, and the rest falls in their place to compliment the vocal. The instruments are separated well with excellent imaging. RAD-0 also sounds more refine with greater treble and bass extension, and especially the vocal is more lush and stand out more.

While VC is excellent, I find RAD-0 closer to my preference. As much as I wish to keep both, I had let go the VC (perhaps hoping to come back with some stabilized set one day) to fund for some upgrading.

@Kevintj604 I see that you are having both too, I do believe they are great pair to compliment each others (VC and RAD-0). Not sure if your finding are similar like mine, nevertheless, do enjoy!

Oct 8, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #838 of 1,035
I thought of putting up the thought and comparison between the RAD-0 and ZMF Verite Closed after 1-2 weeks of listening back and forth between them. Again below are strictly based on what I have heard on my gear and my preference.

Both of them are almost on par in detail retrieval with different presentation. Listening to VC, I tend to focus to those instruments, e.g. wow the electric guitar sounds so good, the bass drum, snare, cymbals, they are so realistic, the accompanying violin is just right beside you, there's a cohesiveness throughout the music, together with the vocalist. Being a dynamic closed back, ZMF VC slams harder and it is more fun and engaging to listen to. With the ability to do pad swapping it a plus, as you can alter the sound signature (quite prominent effect) according to your likings or different genre.

Listening to RAD-0 gave me a different presentation, the vocal is the main spotlight, and the rest falls in their place to compliment the vocal. The instruments are separated well with excellent imaging. RAD-0 also sounds more refine with greater treble and bass extension, and especially the vocal is more lush and stand out more.

While VC is excellent, I find RAD-0 closer to my preference. As much as I wish to keep both, I had let go the VC (perhaps hoping to come back with some stabilized set one day) to fund for some upgrading.

@Kevintj604 I see that you are having both too, I do believe they are great pair to compliment each others (VC and RAD-0). Not sure if your finding are similar like mine, nevertheless, do enjoy!
Hi Nicholas,

My apologies for the late reply. Unfortunately the VC's that I purchased have been stuck in limbo with border officials for the past three weeks. So I don't have the headphones yet. When I get them. I should say if I get them as they've been seized and may be destroyed I'll give my impressions of both.

To be honest I've spent the past three weeks on the phone with PayPal, USPS, Canada Post & Border officials trying to get my headphones or money back and It's completely taken a toll on my patience and enjoyment in this hobby. I've still got hope that the VC's will be delivered but if I end up losing both the headphones and the money I paid for them that'll probably mark the end of the hobby for me.

Oct 20, 2021 at 10:59 PM Post #839 of 1,035
Just updating the negative energy that I provided in the above post with absolute end game positivity.

I'm beyond happy with my setup right now.

IMG_2748.jpg

Oct 20, 2021 at 11:16 PM Post #840 of 1,035
Just updating the negative energy that I provided in the above post with absolute end game positivity.

I'm beyond happy with my setup right now.

Oh wow! Lovely lovely and I am absolutely feeling happy for you! Glad that the VC has finally arrived in gorgeous one piece! Enjoy and both of them are good in their own way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back