Rosson Audio Design RAD-0 - Alex's Beautiful New Baby
Jan 4, 2022 at 3:21 AM Post #856 of 1,035
Here's a better look at @puck suspension strap system.

I've tried a ZMF Co-Pilot pad as well and it makes the Rosson look really cheap and doesn't fit very well.

Comfort is miles ahead with the suspension strap system.
Can you link me this his post/info on this?

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #857 of 1,035
Jan 10, 2022 at 7:17 PM Post #859 of 1,035
What will happen if Rosson stops making these headphones and gets out of the business altogether? Who would than fix any driver issues?
You can say the same for any manufacturer. It's your decision to purchase or not purchase but if I went into it with that mindset I wouldn't own any good headphones. ZMF is roughly the same size and they also have lifetime warranty on the drivers.

Jan 10, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #860 of 1,035
What will happen if Rosson stops making these headphones and gets out of the business altogether? Who would than fix any driver issues?

That good question applies to : ZMF..... Audeze.......Ultrasone.........Focal..........Sennheiser..........Beyer..........>HifiMan

Ive owned 4 Rosson's and have been working with Oliver and Alex to build a Custom set.
Rosson Headphones feel like they will last a long long time, and their Driver's are burned in after full headphone assembly for quite a few hours, as this allows for better out of the box sound, and dials out the bad drivers, vs, them having issues after they are sold.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #861 of 1,035
You can say the same for any manufacturer. It's your decision to purchase or not purchase but if I went into it with that mindset I wouldn't own any good headphones. ZMF is roughly the same size and they also have lifetime warranty on the drivers.

As long as ZMF is in business, that lifetime warranty on Driver's is good to go..

Where this type of warranty is more certain, is with a shop like GRADO or ABYSS, as in both cases, the SON's are there to take the reigns of command once Daddy calls it a day.

Jan 26, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #862 of 1,035
Here is some additional information of the suspension strap modification.

https://www.thesoundapprentice.com/2021/11/rosson-audio-design-RAD-0-suspension-strap.html?m=1

@puck is the HeadFi user that makes the suspension strap. He’s very easy to deal with and I highly recommend his system.

Cheers!
Just adding to the chorus of praise for the @puck RAD-0 Mod. I got my hands on one last week, and it is a huge help for the headphones. I didn't find them uncomfortable exactly, but they were a bit taxing on my neck for a long session. With the suspension strap, however, I would say they are decently comfy for a decent chunk of time. Much improved, and the non-destructive and easy installation is a huge bonus. If you have a RAD-0, you should totally ping @puck and pick one up.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #863 of 1,035
I don't mean to spam the Images thread but this Norne Vygarde is next level with my Rosson's.

Perfect pairing.

IMG_3238.jpg

Feb 22, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #865 of 1,035
If someone is after one of these headphones in the uk, npaudio.uk has one in stock

Apr 6, 2022 at 9:47 PM Post #867 of 1,035
Latest Rad-0 video is live:

Just watched this on my way home from work. Totally agree with your assessment as always. We seem to have the same taste in headphone sound signature. End game Planar for me.

Apr 22, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #870 of 1,035
RAD-0 with Rosewood. I'm super happy with my ring swap.
Lovely. I'm working with the Rosson team as well.

They're making a custom grill for my 291's. I've asked for something pretty specific so they need to bring in a technical painter to achieve the effect i'm looking for. I'm pretty excited but also worried about how much it's going to cost me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back