Rooth demos: the evaluation of Rooth lineup – liquid clarity
Sep 28, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #121 of 189
The carbon faceplates are on the 1plus2 (blue left, red right), the plain blue and red faceplates are the LS8+. I did the comparison as the 1plus2 is considered by many, to be a very comfortable universal. I certainly find it comfortable (despite my small ears)... but you can see how un-flush / unergonomic it is, when compared against the LS8+.

Sep 29, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #123 of 189
Several days / nights of listening are revealing the LS8+ to be very, very refined. The overall resolution is the highest I've heard, with a liquidity and effortless that makes the AUD-8X, and 1plus2, sound comparatively aggressive. It's a very inviting signature.

They insert pretty deep - past the second bend - so require a second twist upon insertion (a first for me). See how much longer the canal is than the 4-way AUD-8X:

I can therefore imagine a noticeable difference between the universal demo units and custom versions (as described by Avergage_Joe in initial review).

Sep 29, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #125 of 189
I do indeed. Although it's too early to make rational judgements about technical ability, I know for sure that I like them... a lot. I increasingly find myself indulging in the music, rather than analysing particular aspects of the sound - something I've not done for a while!

Oct 1, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #129 of 189
Have you owned or auditioned other high end iems? Just to have a reference of what you know and like.

Yes. I have owned ck10, ckpro100, 535ltd, to name a few.

I have auditioned all the rooth lines, tg334, 1p2 , canal works line .... And may others.

Anyway I'm really liking the sound but to be frank, these are my first ciems.

Oct 1, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #130 of 189
Yes. I have owned ck10, ckpro100, 535ltd, to name a few.

I have auditioned all the rooth lines, tg334, 1p2 , canal works line .... And may others.

Anyway I'm really liking the sound but to be frank, these are my first ciems.
Great, when you have had more time with them please compare insofar as you can. Thanks :)

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #134 of 189
  Just pulled the trigger on LS5X, will be approx 3-4 months before I get it, bloody long time...

That's a really long time ... where did you buy them?

Oct 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #135 of 189

That's a really long time ... where did you buy them?

From Tomo @ HFI, he gave me a good deal that is hard to resist 
wink_face.gif

Hopefully I will get it before xmas...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back