Rooth demos: the evaluation of Rooth lineup – liquid clarity
Aug 22, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #92 of 189
I have had the LS8s for over two years and have been more than happy. It is time to move on ... maybe the LS8+ or LS10s.

Aug 22, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #93 of 189
Quote:
I have had the LS8s for over two years and have been more than happy. It is time to move on ... maybe the LS8+ or LS10s.

At the moment, you cannot get the LS10. It's a limited run edition. Tomo said that the world wide allocation was 15. It was a proof of technical abilities on their part. It's very nice (demoed it during the world tour and bought it).

Still waiting for it though. Rooth is severely backlogged and on top of that they changed their manufacturing process. They now 3D scan the impressions and digitally print it out. I've seen the video, very impressive.

Anyway the LS8+ is very nice too. A lot better than the LS8. LS5X is also very nice.

Aug 22, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #94 of 189
Quote:
At the moment, you cannot get the LS10. It's a limited run edition. Tomo said that the world wide allocation was 15. It was a proof of technical abilities on their part. It's very nice (demoed it during the world tour and bought it).

Still waiting for it though. Rooth is severely backlogged and on top of that they changed their manufacturing process. They now 3D scan the impressions and digitally print it out. I've seen the video, very impressive.

Anyway the LS8+ is very nice too. A lot better than the LS8. LS5X is also very nice.

I really have enjoyed the LS8. If still available I would like the LS10s. But is there a significant difference between the LS8+ and the LS10?

Aug 22, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #95 of 189
Quote:
I really have enjoyed the LS8. If still available I would like the LS10s. But is there a significant difference between the LS8+ and the LS10?

The LS10, IMHO is more balanced and refined. But I think it's a moot point in that the 15 spots have all been sold, so no more LS10.
But from the demo, I feel the LS8+ is alot better than the LS8. But if you like balanced sound, the LS6 is very truthful and capable.

Aug 22, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #96 of 189
Quote:
The LS10, IMHO is more balanced and refined. But I think it's a moot point in that the 15 spots have all been sold, so no more LS10.
But from the demo, I feel the LS8+ is alot better than the LS8. But if you like balanced sound, the LS6 is very truthful and capable.

I live in Japan and will have to find a place to demo them or maybe the next show in October.

Aug 22, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #97 of 189
Quote:
I live in Japan and will have to find a place to demo them or maybe the next show in October.

Rooths now are developed by Tomo in HFI(Japan). The website is www.hfi.jp
You can look up the site for the physical address. Japan would be the best place to demo rooth as it's being developed there and manufactured in China.

Wish you luck!

Aug 22, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #98 of 189
Quote:
Rooths now are developed by Tomo in HFI(Japan). The website is www.hfi.jp
You can look up the site for the physical address. Japan would be the best place to demo rooth as it's being developed there and manufactured in China.

Wish you luck!

I know Tomo I ordered the LS8s from him three years ago. I did not know they are being developed through him. Only that he represents Rooth in Japan. I will contact him to see if he has any demos.

Thanks!

Sep 24, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #99 of 189
My custom LS8+ is finally ready and due for arrival. 

Impressions will be against the AUD-8X with Toxic Virus, and 1plus2 with Uber / Toxic Silver Widow. Source wise I'll be using a mix of Sansa Clip, iMod + RX MK3 / Stepdance and HDP-R10.

Sep 24, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #101 of 189
I ordered mid June too, though my impressions were received at the start of July. To be fair, Tomo did say there wait would be 2+ months, so I knew what I was in for.

That said, Rooth could well lose potential customers (particularly newcomers to CIEMs) to companies that turn around significantly faster. My AUD-8X, for example, were completed in just 2 weeks. This sort of super quick service increases interest and ultimately, sales. Hopefully Rooth are considering in their current reformation.

Sep 24, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #102 of 189
Honestly, Rooth has been having the same troubles as UM with regard to turnaround time, and traditionally, Rooth has suffered because UM often pulls their technicians over to make UM monitors instead to make ends meet. Hopefully, with the upcoming expansion and overhaul, Rooth will have a more stable turnaround time. I heard they recently hired a couple more people, so perhaps that'll help.

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #103 of 189
Yeah I knew about the delay also. They are also doing expansion and this time it seems that they procured a new 3d scanning and printing machine and incorporating this machine in the manufacturing process has bogged them down due to training and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back