Rooth demos: the evaluation of Rooth lineup – liquid clarity
Jun 16, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #76 of 189
Another person here eagerly awaiting more LS10-1 impressions. Hell, I'm hungry for more LS8+ impressions even...

Jun 17, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #78 of 189
Quote:
I had a try with the rooth ls10-1. I felt that it was very good. Compared to the ls8+ I felt that the high's were a lot smoother and also more extended. The mids was also more smoother and detailed. The bass of the ls10 was more refined although the ls8+ had more bass. Over all I think that it' very balanced and I liked it a lot. I have an appointment tomorrow with them to purchase one as I tried it on Friday and wanted to embed some trinkets on the faceplate so they had to get back to me on that.

That's interesting, as I assumed that they shared the same driver types and configuration, with the LS10 having an additional dual super tweeter. On that assumption, I thought bass quality would be the same. But you know what they say about assumptions! I've not managed to get any info out of Tomo about specific drivers... so would appreciate any more info from people in the know.

Jun 17, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #79 of 189
That's interesting, as I assumed that they shared the same driver types and configuration, with the LS10 having an additional dual super tweeter. On that assumption, I thought bass quality would be the same. But you know what they say about assumptions! I've not managed to get any info out of Tomo about specific drivers... so would appreciate any more info from people in the know.

I think the crossover has something to do with it. Bear in mind the ls8+ is a 3 way while the ls10 is a 4 way. Or maybe it's all in my head, haha!

Jun 17, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #80 of 189
Quote:

If someone can manage to get a few shots of the demo (especially the rear) I can hazard a few guesses which drivers it's using, XO is another story though but if it's just the drivers you are after they won't be that hard to figure out.

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #81 of 189
Quote:
10? It'd better beat the 'puny' 3-driver UERM.

WELP so much for the FitEar F111.

Quote:
If someone can manage to get a few shots of the demo (especially the rear) I can hazard a few guesses which drivers it's using, XO is another story though but if it's just the drivers you are after they won't be that hard to figure out.

I'll hazard six TWFK and four DTEC.  (I hope not)

Jun 19, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #83 of 189
Same as the JH16?
Quote:

Other way around. Actually the four low dual receivers might be 3300, didn't take a long enough look. I spent literally two minutes with it.

Jun 19, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #84 of 189
Same as the JH16?
Quote:

Other way around. Actually the four low dual receivers might be 3300, didn't take a long enough look. I spent literally two minutes with it.

The UERM is a very good design, but looks like FitEar outwits UE this time.
Quote:

WELP so much for the FitEar F111.

I'll hazard six TWFK and four DTEC.  (I hope not)

Jun 20, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #85 of 189
My impressions for the LS8+ were sent off today. Will post up close pics of the drivers once received.

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #89 of 189
Did you have the option of getting the ten ba model?

I did, but that was a while ago, before news of release. As Tomo said, production numbers are very limited, so all 15 models may have been allocated now. Of course, I could be wrong - contact him and find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back