Rooth demos: the evaluation of Rooth lineup – liquid clarity
Jun 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #46 of 189
Apologies if I've missed anyrthing, but are there still no reviews of the custom version of the LS8+?

I'm very interested and have emailed Tomo.

Jun 4, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #48 of 189
Funny how other bigger Western brands get so much attention whilst smaller - but equally competitive - brands such as Rooth (among others), miss out on the attention they deserve. That said, I'm sure Rooth aren't too bothered, given their following in the East. Still, the Rooth lineup deserves at least a few full reviews on Head-fi. Hopefully I'll be able to do so at some point over the next few months.

Jun 10, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #49 of 189
10 BAs!!! 2 tweeters 2 high 2 mid 4 lows

999670_182104225289343_1273882511_n.jpg

Jun 10, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #52 of 189
I'll probably be able to hear it in a few days (JM-Plus is located where I live).

Apparently, it's a limited edition, so each area only gets a few; they state that Taiwan only gets a maximum of three units. I'm guessing the worldwide quota is 50 or so...

Jun 10, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #53 of 189
Quote:
I'll probably be able to hear it in a few days (JM-Plus is located where I live).

Apparently, it's a limited edition, so each area only gets a few; they state that Taiwan only gets a maximum of three units. I'm guessing the worldwide quota is 50 or so...

Is this a trial run for the product to determine if it's worth producing in large numbers?  Or is this simply a way for Rooth to draw publicity to itself in the audio community?

Please post your impressions after you hear it.  If this is a success it could be the start of a new 10 driver trend.

Jun 10, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #54 of 189
Quote:
Is this a trial run for the product to determine if it's worth producing in large numbers?  Or is this simply a way for Rooth to draw publicity to itself in the audio community?

Please post your impressions after you hear it.  If this is a success it could be the start of a new 10 driver trend.

Don't know. I'll try to ask when I listen.

I've actually already heard a ten-driver demo from another company (was asked not to name them because it wasn't completely final), so 10-drivers has been on companies' radars for a while.

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #56 of 189
Quote:
Don't know. I'll try to ask when I listen.

I've actually already heard a ten-driver demo from another company (was asked not to name them because it wasn't completely final), so 10-drivers has been on companies' radars for a while.

The big question now is: Will 10 drivers result in improved sonic reproduction or is it a novelty and selling point like the megapixel wars in digital cameras.  I'm hoping for the former.

Even if 10 drivers doesn't pay off I'm sure the companies manufacturing BA drivers are regularly improving their products, either way technology marches forward.

Jun 10, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #57 of 189
10? It'd better beat the 'puny' 3-driver UERM.

Jun 10, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #58 of 189
Quote:
  I wish Null Audio in SG would have some demo sets to try. I will bet there will be a few takers.

If there's one thing I've learned on head-fi, it's that there are always takers, however outrageous anything is.

Quote:
The big question now is: Will 10 drivers result in improved sonic reproduction or is it a novelty and selling point like the megapixel wars in digital cameras.  I'm hoping for the former.

Even if 10 drivers doesn't pay off I'm sure the companies manufacturing BA drivers are regularly improving their products, either way technology marches forward.

Well, in the megapixel wars, with every subsequent bump in MP count, came with a hit in basal levels of noise, while bumping up the resolving capability a tiny, tiny bit. Diffraction-limited resolution also made things more complicated. The driver wars with CIEMs seem like the same thing.

Rooth has always been unabashed about being the first to roll out high driver count CIEMs and up the ante in that aspect; IIRC, the LS8 came out right before the JH16. I only hope that the driver wars will help with high extension. Most BAs, because of their mechanism, fizzle out right at 16 kHz. With the ability to stack high drivers, hopefully treble extension will improve to match STAX and such...

Jun 10, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #59 of 189
hi there this is tomo from HFI and rooth. 

to answer some questions...

1) when we say its a limited run, we are talking like 15 and not 50. 

2) the reason behind releasing an IEM like this was to show what the potential can be. 

The sound is very neutral and will be fun to change cables, amps, etc. 

we are saving a few slots for any head-fiers. 

next stop will be in south korea for the demo. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back