Roll Call for Team AKG
Jul 23, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #544 of 1,537
i just finished re-furbing a pair of K240 DF with new headband, elastics, dual entry Mogami re-cable, and Beyer velour pads.  an excellent HP.  my next AKG will be a K501. 

Jul 28, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #546 of 1,537
AKG 242 HDs here. Just received them a few days ago so they are far from broken in. I am no audiophile, but these things have a very good soundstage as far as I can tell. Not to mention the fact that they look pretty darn cool. Listening to them via my Marantz CD5003 with no amp.

Jul 28, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #548 of 1,537
I recently joined team AKG with the K240 Sextetts (MP). What a way to start, eh?

Aug 7, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #551 of 1,537
just added those babies to my collection. they sound wonderful (I actually didnt expected them to sound THAT good:)

Aug 12, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #554 of 1,537
I'm in.  Searched this thread, I'm the only on here with K450 in my arsenal?  Very amazing sound out of these headphones.  I only wish that I could find the special adapter for the end that plugs into the headphone, so that I can make a custom cable or two.  Plus, the cable is detachable for no reason, since they shelved the bluetooth adapter project. 

I also have:
-K240 Studio - First AKG I bought.  Amazing sound.  Bass as good as any of the DJ headphones you see in stores (Sony, Memorex, JVC, etc)
-fuchsia K518 LE - $36 on ebay, ridiculous bass!  Fun to listen to, but can't be wearing glasses with these
-K316 - the over-ear clip keeps them on in a motorcycle helmet, but they don't block out all noise like IEMs would

I also bought my girlfriend a pair of JBL 430, which are amazing, despite the looks. Man, they have punch.  They have as good sound as my K450, but a little less analytical.  This, strangely, allows you to hear the separation between instruments a little better.  They're actually the first headphone I bought, on clearance for her because she only had the free earphones that came free with music players, besides being a fairly serious musician.  I was so impressed with the quality that I ended up learning about AKG and becoming a convert.  Have been overall impressed.  I even bought my little brother a pair of new old stock K27i that I found for $30.  For the first time, he can stand on-ear headphones.  Besides one pair of Ultrasone and one pair of Sennheiser, I'm an all-Harman headphone guy.

Aug 12, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #555 of 1,537
By the way, is there any definitive evidence about the drivers in AKG?  We have K141, K171, K240, K271.  So, those 4 are, in order: on-ear open, on-ear closed, over-ear open, over-ear closed.  While they are different in that respect, are they all the same drivers?

Plus, is there a difference in drivers between K240 and K240 Mk II, besides aesthetically (color), coming with another cable, plus both velour and pleather pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back