RoCoo P DAP - Full Review
Aug 20, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #361 of 505
Quote:
What will you be using it with? I haven't heard the Rocoo P but do own the Rocoo BA and Studio V. Both units are noticeably better than the iphone4 and Cowons I've heard. I even consider the Rocoo Ba a direct competitor better than the T51 or Sflo2 (another past audiophile DAP). Clieos found the Rocoo P and the T51 to be comparablein audio quality if that helps you any.

I am thinking of making the RoCoo P my main music player whether I was around the house or in my car. So I'll use it with many geners of music, that I will make sure it's top notch quality, paired up with my Ultimate Ears Triple Fi10 or my car's audio system using an aux jack.

Aug 20, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #362 of 505
Quote:
Is the sound quality much better than using an UE Fi10 with my Galaxy S3 with an amp app (Poweramp) and/or an EQ app? Does the quality jump deserve the price tag? I know it maybe a matter of taste, but sometimes the difference is so clear that everyone notices it. So, is it substantial or marginal? Should I shell out 180 bucks for this or just use my Galaxy with Poweramp that can play Flac and Ogg among others?

Are you already using the Tf10 with your galaxy?

Aug 20, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #363 of 505
I think the Rocoo BA would be a better match if you will be using the TF10s. The Rocoo P may be a bit boomy in the bass for you.

Aug 20, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #364 of 505
Tf10 has good synergy with both Rocoo P and Rocoo BA, I think Rocoo P would be a better value as sound quality to me sounds very close to each other. Unless you plan on using only very sensitive iems/ciem's any time soon I would go for the Rocoo P as it is more universal for use with iems and full size cans.

Sep 3, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #366 of 505
I owned the rocoo P for a couple of months now. Today i received the Beyerdynamics 990 DT Pro (250 OHM). The soundquality of the headphones are great, but when i connect it in the Rocoo P i have to dial up the volume to 26 (normal volume is 8 - 10). So i'm pretty dissappointed in my rocoo P. I thought the rocoo P was a powerhouse, but now i think it needs a amplifier.    

Sep 3, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #367 of 505
Quote:
I owned the rocoo P for a couple of months now. Today i received the Beyerdynamics 990 DT Pro (250 OHM). The soundquality of the headphones are great, but when i connect it in the Rocoo P i have to dial up the volume to 26 (normal volume is 8 - 10). So i'm pretty dissappointed in my rocoo P. I thought the rocoo P was a powerhouse, but now i think it needs a amplifier.    

250 Ohm is quite a high load to expose any portable DAP to and it will most certainly target the volume output significantly even when used with the Rocoo-P.

I sometimes use a pair of RE262 (150 Ohm) with the R-P and I have to push it up to around 21-23 to receive a volume level that I find suitable for my ears, but I still believe or/and hear that the R-P drives them fairly properly, meaning being close to bring out the full potential of the drivers, when comparing them to an added amplifier. Surely high loads does take a large tow on the R-P's battery life.

Remember, volume levels and the ability to drive a load like an headphone/IEM are two different things

Sep 12, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #368 of 505
Just wanting to confirm, can the Rocoo P use 64 gb micro SDs without malfunctioning? And does it half to be under class 6?

Sep 12, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #369 of 505
If you format it to FAT32 it will work. Listening to my Studio V 3rd ANV with a 64GB Sandisk Micro SD card as we speak :).

Sep 14, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #373 of 505
Had a disappointing morning.  Went to do some yard work and on the second song it seems my Rocoo P bricked.  I've barely had the chance to use it the last few months and now I'm stuck trying to fix it. 

It had an error playing a file and moved to the next track by the time I glanced at the screen I saw a file error? message.  I scrolled back to the song with the error so that I would know which track to remove and the player had another error and started emitting a high noise sound through the audio jack.  No display message on the screen and I was unable to stop the sound through any combination of buttons I tried pressing.  As a last resort I used the reset option which resulted in a new message when the center key is pressed. It now asks to "Repair and Fo" which I assume is repair and format but when I choose to do that t pops up with a quick message " Note!! epair and form drive" and shuts off. 

I have been unable to get past this part so I looked up the firmware thread (http://www.head-fi.org/t/587884/hisound-studio-rocoo-firmware-files) and followed the instructions in the first post and still have nothing.  I would greatly appreciate any help on getting this working again.

Sep 19, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #375 of 505
Quote:
Had a disappointing morning.  Went to do some yard work and on the second song it seems my Rocoo P bricked.  I've barely had the chance to use it the last few months and now I'm stuck trying to fix it. 

It had an error playing a file and moved to the next track by the time I glanced at the screen I saw a file error? message.  I scrolled back to the song with the error so that I would know which track to remove and the player had another error and started emitting a high noise sound through the audio jack.  No display message on the screen and I was unable to stop the sound through any combination of buttons I tried pressing.  As a last resort I used the reset option which resulted in a new message when the center key is pressed. It now asks to "Repair and Fo" which I assume is repair and format but when I choose to do that t pops up with a quick message " Note!! epair and form drive" and shuts off. 

I have been unable to get past this part so I looked up the firmware thread (http://www.head-fi.org/t/587884/hisound-studio-rocoo-firmware-files) and followed the instructions in the first post and still have nothing.  I would greatly appreciate any help on getting this working again.

Contact Jack from hisound to resolve your issue. You may have a RMA on your hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back