RoCoo P DAP - Full Review
Jun 24, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #346 of 505
Quote:
I've had my Rocco P for little over a week and haven't been able to get it to list files on whatever Micro SD card I stick in it.
I have three different cards from different manufacturers, 8G,16G and 32G. The Rocco P isn't able to see any files on the cards.

I've followed instructions that I've found in this forum regarding re-installing firmware and formatting the memory cards via a PC utility tool but to no avail.

I have contacted Hiaudiosound who sent me a document containing posts from this site, no of which fixed the problem.

Has anyone also struggled with this, getting the Rocco P to play music from memory card? It works fine from internal memory.

Had exactly the same problem. Tried loads of things but eventually found a really simple solution thanks to a post on Head-Fi: just delete the entire contents of the System folder. That's it. The player will rebuild the folder contents from scratch and hopefully will then allow you to play from the SD card. Worked for me anyway.

Jun 24, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #347 of 505
Quote:
Are you copying directly from PC to the sd card mounted in the RoCoo? or in the PC then moving the msd over to the RoCoo?

The best formatter I found was https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/eula_windows/

Try this...if the RoCoo cannot see the cards at all, then there could be a h/w problem?, I did have some initial problems, but traced it down to 2 rogue sd cards. Once I'd reflashed the Rocoo and used decent msd's, everything has been fine. 

Sorry I cannot help more.

Thanks for the link. Downloaded the software and re-formatted my cards. Still no joy...
When I plug the player into my Windows PC via USB cable, it only shows the internal memory mapped as a drive ... the external sd card isn't mouted.

Quote:
Had exactly the same problem. Tried loads of things but eventually found a really simple solution thanks to a post on Head-Fi: just delete the entire contents of the System folder. That's it. The player will rebuild the folder contents from scratch and hopefully will then allow you to play from the SD card. Worked for me anyway.

You gave me a glimmer of hope - tried deleting the System folder but no joy :frowning2:
It's a shame that I can't get the external memory disk to show as I really like the sound of this player. 4GB however is nowhere near enough for me.

It looks like I'm the only one to have this issue - sorely dissapointed with this product... all my other devices recognise the cards I'm trying to use without issue.

Jun 30, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #348 of 505
Got my little rocoo d today and i have to say damn, this is one sweet little player.

Now i see why everyone gets so excited about it.

Layering and timbre is better on my fuze/p4 but everywhere else the rocoo has it licked.

More spatial, more detail and it's brought out some sparkle on my eph-100's.

For the money it's a screaming deal at £89.

Jul 4, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #351 of 505
Quote:
Is there anyone who has both the studio v and rocoo p who can do a small comparison? Is the difference in sound quality worth the price?

I own both the Rocoo BA and Studio V and the later are supposedly better than the Rocoo P. For what it's worth the Studio V is noticeably better than the Rocoo BA if that helps you any. The mid range and imaging are better on the Studio V.

Jul 9, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #352 of 505
Quote:
Is there anyone who has both the studio v and rocoo p who can do a small comparison? Is the difference in sound quality worth the price?

I owned three of them and I say,
Power has less defination, less details, less sound stage and imaging, more forward staging, more mid centirc, more warmth...
BA has middle defination, more fullness, more neutral, less sparkling than Studio, full in mid-bas section...
Studio has higher defination, sparkling and sibilance in upper mids, less fullness and warmth, very good in bass and sub-bass section.

Jul 11, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #353 of 505
Hi, newbie here would like to know more about this product.
How high (FLAC format) can this DAP play? I do saw FLAC format can goes up to 24-bit/192Khz.
Has anyone tried?
Thank you for your time. :wink:

Jul 30, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #356 of 505
Quote:
Has the Studio V been compared to the ibasso DX100?

I can compare them if you like.

The ibasso DX100 is the overall better unit IMO (especially after the last update). Although the Studio V can hold its own even against the DX100 IMO. Just the DX100 has many more connection options, has a significant more amount of power for full size headphones, has low output impedence, a digital Pot., a true line out, a more functional UI (although the Studio Vs isn't half bad but with some minor changes would make it very acceptable). The Studio Vs biggest problem IMO is the output impedance which leads to the excessive hiss. The DX100 is more organic sounding and would pair better with more IEMs/headphones than the Studio V. The Studio V is perfect for IEMs/headphones that are darker and non-fatiguing. That is one reason why I find it to pair extremely well with the IE80 and heard it pairs well with the IE8/IE7 as well.

The Studio V is extremely energetic, even more so than the DX100. Its imaging is superb, aggressive in its own right but amazingly good. I like the Vocals on the Studio V even over the DX100. The treble and mids are the forefront of the presentation IMO although the bass is in no way compromised and is exceedingly tight and detailed (lean). To be honest the DX100 presents all the detail while the Studio V will slap you in the face with it (not in a bad way either). More people initially would be more impressed with the Studio V than the DX100 IMO. I couldn't be without both to be honest. Plus since finding the sweet spot with an impedance adapter (30 Ohms seems to do the trick) I am finding myself using the Studio V a lot more now especially when out and about.

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #357 of 505
Quote:
I can compare them if you like.

The ibasso DX100 is the overall better unit IMO (especially after the last update). Although the Studio V can hold its own even against the DX100 IMO. Just the DX100 has many more connection options, has a significant more amount of power for full size headphones, has low output impedence, a digital Pot., a true line out, a more functional UI (although the Studio Vs isn't half bad but with some minor changes would make it very acceptable). The Studio Vs biggest problem IMO is the output impedance which leads to the excessive hiss. The DX100 is more organic sounding and would pair better with more IEMs/headphones than the Studio V. The Studio V is perfect for IEMs/headphones that are darker and non-fatiguing. That is one reason why I find it to pair extremely well with the IE80 and heard it pairs well with the IE8/IE7 as well.

The Studio V is extremely energetic, even more so than the DX100. Its imaging is superb, aggressive in its own right but amazingly good. I like the Vocals on the Studio V even over the DX100. The treble and mids are the forefront of the presentation IMO although the bass is in no way compromised and is exceedingly tight and detailed (lean). To be honest the DX100 presents all the detail while the Studio V will slap you in the face with it (not in a bad way either). More people initially would be more impressed with the Studio V than the DX100 IMO. I couldn't be without both to be honest. Plus since finding the sweet spot with an impedance adapter (30 Ohms seems to do the trick) I am finding myself using the Studio V a lot more now especially when out and about.

Cool - you got both  
beerchug.gif
  Heck, that sounds like a plan

Aug 20, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #359 of 505
Is the sound quality much better than using an UE Fi10 with my Galaxy S3 with an amp app (Poweramp) and/or an EQ app? Does the quality jump deserve the price tag? I know it maybe a matter of taste, but sometimes the difference is so clear that everyone notices it. So, is it substantial or marginal? Should I shell out 180 bucks for this or just use my Galaxy with Poweramp that can play Flac and Ogg among others?

Aug 20, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #360 of 505
Quote:
Is the sound quality much better than using an UE Fi10 with my Galaxy S3 with an amp app (Poweramp) and/or an EQ app? Does the quality jump deserve the price tag? I know it maybe a matter of taste, but sometimes the difference is so clear that everyone notices it. So, is it substantial or marginal? Should I shell out 180 bucks for this or just use my Galaxy with Poweramp that can play Flac and Ogg among others?

What will you be using it with? I haven't heard the Rocoo P but do own the Rocoo BA and Studio V. Both units are noticeably better than the iphone4 and Cowons I've heard. I even consider the Rocoo Ba a direct competitor better than the T51 or Sflo2 (another past audiophile DAP). Clieos found the Rocoo P and the T51 to be comparablein audio quality if that helps you any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back