RoCoo P DAP - Full Review
Jun 27, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #496 of 505
I have a Rocoo P and upon browsing its functionality, I saw "HDMS" on the settings which can be enable or disable. What's the purpose of it? I'm the second owner of this player that's why I don't have the manual...

All it does is lock the volume at maximum level for "line out" purposes.

Basically useless, please be careful and make sure you don't engage it while wearing headphones as you will get a nasty surprise of full volume through your cans!

Jun 27, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #497 of 505
All it does is lock the volume at maximum level for "line out" purposes.

Basically useless, please be careful and make sure you don't engage it while wearing headphones as you will get a nasty surprise of full volume through your cans!

I'm glad you told me. I always wear an iem and I am always tempted to enable it out of curiousity.

So basically, I will only enable it if I'm gonna use a line-out going to an amp?

Jun 27, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #498 of 505
I'm glad you told me. I always wear an iem and I am always tempted to enable it out of curiousity.

So basically, I will only enable it if I'm gonna use a line-out going to an amp?

that is the concept behind it, but I'd rather just adjust volume manually as this HDMS feature doesn't seem to do anything other than lock the volume. As for myself, when using an amp with my player, I settled on 28 on the volume since I think it sounds better at that level than going all the way up to 31.

Apr 10, 2015 at 12:48 AM Post #499 of 505
hi every pp, i just bought a 2nd rocoo-p and got very serious trouble T__T
i tried it with my sony 64gb card and it play for a few second then freeze, i then tried to push the reset button and power it on again
then the screen keep showing :"repair and fo" if i select yes, it shutting down, if i select cancel, it said booting fail then shut down
tried to re-install the firmware but it seem if i check the format and erase data, the disk can not be locked
if i dont check format and erase date, the firmware can be written sucessfully
but on powering up again will display the same error
does any one know how to fix this? or how can i contact hisound?
Thanks

Apr 10, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #501 of 505
  Find the FW installation instructions in the anniversary forum and make sure that you're using the right FW. Sounds like you may be getting it wrong. Here's the correct FW. http://www.hisoundaudio.com/Uploadfiles/20130822232718959.rar

thanks for your rep, but still having the same trouble
cant lock the disk if i choose format+erase 
if i de-select those, it can write the firmware but when i tried to power it on still having the same message
in my computer i can actually see 2 blur drives which should be the internal and external memory
i tried to click on the internal memory and the computer returned with no disk int he drive
then tried to put a micro sd card on the rocoo, the other drive is accessible
thus i think for some reason theres trouble with internal memory when i press the reset button T__T

Apr 10, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #502 of 505
Your likely writing the fw to somewhere else. Turn off the unit. Hold the up button constantly while connecting it to the computer until you here the tada and then release the button. If you can see it in my computer, you didn't do it right and try again. Open the installer. Once the installer finds the player, it will become visible in my computer. Just quick format it there and then initiate the update. Check the erase data box for kicks to see if it takes. 

If you put any files on the unit itself, they need to go into the root directory. If you put them in the system folder, you can get errors like you're describing.

If this doesn't fly, you're stuck and need to send it to HiSound or return it.

Apr 10, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #503 of 505
Your likely writing the fw to somewhere else. Turn off the unit. Hold the up button constantly while connecting it to the computer until you here the tada and then release the button. If you can see it in my computer, you didn't do it right and try again. Open the installer. Once the installer finds the player, it will become visible in my computer. Just quick format it there and then initiate the update. Check the erase data box for kicks to see if it takes. 

If you put any files on the unit itself, they need to go into the root directory. If you put them in the system folder, you can get errors like you're describing.

If this doesn't fly, you're stuck and need to send it to HiSound or return it.

yep the installer found the device, i can see every info such as name, serial, nand type,...i can tick/untick tye format and erase option but if i tick them then the process will perform these: locking drive->closing
if i untick them: locking drive--> writing image1-->writing image2-->closing
reboot and still the same trouble :frowning2:(

the drive is actually visible but blur, its similar to a card reader without card inside so when i try quick format window said no drive in disk g:

Apr 10, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #504 of 505
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back