RoCoo P DAP - Full Review
Apr 9, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #482 of 505
Try plugging it to your computer, navigate to the internal memory and delete the system folder. **make sure your SD card is inserted before you disconnect from the pc.

Let me know if it works.

Thanks

Apr 9, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #483 of 505
Quote:
Does anybody have the same issue with their BA?
Mine takes two minutes to boot up.  For two minutes it says Initializing CMI.

Follow my guide in regards to cleaning your tags. ID tags 3.2 don't play nicely on Hisound players. Use 3.1 tags for mp3 files. If using FLAC just use the basic Flac(Flac) tag and nothing else as having multiple tags will greatly slow down the unit. If you have a huge amount of mp3 files even though the tags are clean it will take longer to load the unit. With 2,500 FLAC files on my 64 GB card it would take 30 to 35 secs to boot on each start up. When you add songs or delete songs I recommend you delete the system folder in the internal memory which will reindex all the files (this takes longer the first time but loads much faster on each restart).

http://www.head-fi.org/a/mp3tag-setup-guide

Apr 17, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #484 of 505
does the Rocoo P support 64gb MicroSD cards? my music collection is quite enormous 
o2smile.gif

Apr 17, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #485 of 505
My Rocoo BA works flawlessly with 64GB Sandisk microSD (formatted as FAT32). Pretty sure the other Rocoo model would work fine too.

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #486 of 505
My Rocoo BA works flawlessly with 64GB Sandisk microSD (formatted as FAT32). Pretty sure the other Rocoo model would work fine too.

I have a question.

Using the 64GB card with your Rocco BA, does the card need to be removed from the player to transfer files, or can the player still be plugged into a computer / laptop?

Apr 18, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #487 of 505
I always use multi formats card reader which is very convenience for me. Never tried transferring files with card stayed in my Rocco BA though. I supposed, that should not be a problem either?

Apr 18, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #488 of 505
Quote:
I have a question.

Using the 64GB card with your Rocco BA, does the card need to be removed from the player to transfer files, or can the player still be plugged into a computer / laptop?

It don't matter. You can do either but  it's faster to do so from a card reader. You also need to format the card to FAT32 over the exFAT.

Apr 18, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #489 of 505
It don't matter. You can do either but  it's faster to do so from a card reader. You also need to format the card to FAT32 over the exFAT.

Thank you Lee.

The reason I want to is because I dislike removing the card all the time, I have a phobia of breaking the sdcard slot.

Jul 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #492 of 505
Jack has provided me the firmwares for the 3rd ANV as well as the Rocoo P/BA. Below are the links to both downloads which also includes directions from him.

Cheers,

http://www.head-fi.org/a/hisound-firmware-and-directions

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #493 of 505
Quote:
Had a disappointing morning.  Went to do some yard work and on the second song it seems my Rocoo P bricked.  I've barely had the chance to use it the last few months and now I'm stuck trying to fix it. 

It had an error playing a file and moved to the next track by the time I glanced at the screen I saw a file error? message.  I scrolled back to the song with the error so that I would know which track to remove and the player had another error and started emitting a high noise sound through the audio jack.  No display message on the screen and I was unable to stop the sound through any combination of buttons I tried pressing.  As a last resort I used the reset option which resulted in a new message when the center key is pressed. It now asks to "Repair and Fo" which I assume is repair and format but when I choose to do that t pops up with a quick message " Note!! epair and form drive" and shuts off. 

I have been unable to get past this part so I looked up the firmware thread (http://www.head-fi.org/t/587884/hisound-studio-rocoo-firmware-files) and followed the instructions in the first post and still have nothing.  I would greatly appreciate any help on getting this working again.

So today I went to turn my Rocoo P on and got this again (nearly a year later).  I actually had to RMA this last time I got this error and Jack was very nice and they fixed it and sent it back.

I haven't used the Rocoo P in a few weeks and the battery was dead.  I plugged it in and received the error above.  I have tried removing the SD card with no change.  I have used teh reset button with no change.  I have plugged the device into my computer (Windows 7) and even though Device Manager shows the device as a Portable Device with a drive letter, it is not accessible in My Computer.  Before I contact Jack again, I would like to know if anyone else came across this issue and successfully resolved it without RMA'ing the device. 

I've barely used this device since I purchased it last year and I don't want to lose it for another month for an RMA.  Maybe I just got a lemon, but I'm starting to question the reliability of the device.

Apr 2, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #494 of 505

So today I went to turn my Rocoo P on and got this again (nearly a year later).  I actually had to RMA this last time I got this error and Jack was very nice and they fixed it and sent it back.

I haven't used the Rocoo P in a few weeks and the battery was dead.  I plugged it in and received the error above.  I have tried removing the SD card with no change.  I have used teh reset button with no change.  I have plugged the device into my computer (Windows 7) and even though Device Manager shows the device as a Portable Device with a drive letter, it is not accessible in My Computer.  Before I contact Jack again, I would like to know if anyone else came across this issue and successfully resolved it without RMA'ing the device. 

I've barely used this device since I purchased it last year and I don't want to lose it for another month for an RMA.  Maybe I just got a lemon, but I'm starting to question the reliability of the device.

Hate to quote myself again, but this issue is still unresolved.

This is part PSA, part angry rant. 

I mailed my RoCoo P back to China in late October, tracking showed it left the United States on October 25, 2013.  I was in contact with Jack/HiSound before, during, and after mailing in my RoCoo P for repairs for the 2nd time.  Typical correspondence was me asking for help/update, Jack/HiSound responding with a request for tracking even though it was quoted in the body of the message.  This occurs almost EVERY SINGLE TIME, even though the information is clearly in the body of each and every email.  I'm not sure if they are just buying time, hoping you will go away, or just so flooded with RMAs that they cannot keep track of repairs.  During this RMA and my prior RMA, I have ALWAYS had to request information/updates. 

During my first repair, I believe HiSound had my RoCoo for several weeks when I requested an update -> they requested tracking -> device was fixed and mailed back to me shortly afterwards.  I don't know if they even worked on repairing my device until I asked for an update, but I'm confident that had I not requested my device back, I would not have received it.  Now prior to sending in my device for repairs a second time, I tried to find a way to reset/fix my device and even asked HiSound if there was some sort of software fix I could try.  Unfortunately this did not pan out and they could not tell me what they had repaired the first time I sent in my device.  As stated earlier, I sent my device out in October, asked for an update at the end of November, got the canned reply asking for tracking as expected. 

Now this is where the problems really start.  They stated they never received the package.  I noticed that their address had changed since I sent in my device the first time and I mentioned that and they assured me the new address was the correct address.  For the next 6 weeks or so I requested updates, they would request tracking, I would refer back to the tracking which unfortunately does not show anything beyond the fact that the package left the US on October 25, 2013.  They would tell me nothing had arrived and they would check their post office while I would check my local post office.  Fast forward 2 weeks into January and the last message I have received stated they still have not received my parcel.

I have not received a reply from Jack/HiSound to my requests for update/any further information since January 12, 2014.  My post office has no new information as to the whereabouts of the package but as far as she can tell, it has not come back to the US since it left on October 25, 2013.  I am currently out a nice looking, great sounding music player (for the few dozen hours it worked) with few to no options left.  Best case scenario, my package was lost in the mail and I'm screwed.  Worst case scenario, my device arrived but HiSound, for whatever reason, does not or cannot repair it and hopes I forget and stop contacting them.  Whatever the reason, if you purchase a device from them, pray to god nothing goes wrong because if you have to send it in, you may never get it back.

Jun 27, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #495 of 505
I have a Rocoo P and upon browsing its functionality, I saw "HDMS" on the settings which can be enable or disable. What's the purpose of it? I'm the second owner of this player that's why I don't have the manual...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back