RoCoo P DAP - Full Review
Sep 22, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #378 of 505
How did you guys  format your 64 gb micro sds? Mine only formats to exFAT.

Sep 22, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #379 of 505
I use guiformat to format my Sanddisk micro sd 64GB to FAT32

Sep 22, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #380 of 505
Thanks, I got it to work

Sep 24, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #381 of 505
Also, after I put around 20+gb on my 64 gb micro sd card, I started getting errors when booting my device. Is there a way to fix it? These system flaws are making me regret buying the RocooP...

Sep 24, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #382 of 505
Quote:
Also, after I put around 20+gb on my 64 gb micro sd card, I started getting errors when booting my device. Is there a way to fix it? These system flaws are making me regret buying the RocooP...

Empty the system folder in the root directory. Never remove or install a card while the unit is on.
I've never tried a 64gb card and I'm not planning to. Some may work but it's not spec'd for sdxc. I wouldn't blame HiSound because we're trying to stretch the envelope. Things like not playing certain formats or taking cards it wasn't intended for are not issues with the unit. The OS being slightly quirky is but it gets you where you need to go.

Sorry if the system folder thing is redundant. I've sent you a PM.

Sep 25, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #383 of 505
Quote:
Empty the system folder in the root directory. Never remove or install a card while the unit is on.
I've never tried a 64gb card and I'm not planning to. Some may work but it's not spec'd for sdxc. I wouldn't blame HiSound because we're trying to stretch the envelope. Things like not playing certain formats or taking cards it wasn't intended for are not issues with the unit. The OS being slightly quirky is but it gets you where you need to go.

Sorry if the system folder thing is redundant. I've sent you a PM.

I have loaded my 64GB card to max with FLAC files and am having no issues with it. I'm wondering if he properly formatted the 64GB card to FAT32 or it will give issues. Plus as you said it's good to empty the system folder. I'm wondering if the tags could also be contributing to his issues.

Sep 25, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #384 of 505
By empty, do you mean delete the system folder? I've gotten it to work better now using a different firmware. It does load up rather slowly though. Is 1-2 minutes normal?

Sep 25, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #385 of 505
Quote:
By empty, do you mean delete the system folder? I've gotten it to work better now using a different firmware. It does load up rather slowly though. Is 1-2 minutes normal?

Yes delete the system folder. If your unit is taking very long it could be due to your tags. I have about 2,300 songs on my unit (mostly flac) and it take about 45 seconds to load.

Sep 25, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #386 of 505
So would you also delete tags? Then the only way to find the songs I want would be to search by folder.

Sep 25, 2012 at 3:56 AM Post #387 of 505
Quote:
So would you also delete tags? Then the only way to find the songs I want would be to search by folder.

That is how I do all the searching via the resource menu. I still have tags on my files just the player doesn't play very nice with ID3.2 files. ID3.1 seems to work much better. If you are using flac files just use the basic FLAC tag and remove all other tags embedded to the file. Having multiple tags embedded to your files will cause problems. Use mp3tag to check and make the corrections. I've posted how to do this multiple time already. Do a search on the DX100 FAQ thread and read my posts. The info I posted there can be applied to the Studio V regarding mp3 tag.

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #388 of 505
Quote:
That is how I do all the searching via the resource menu. I still have tags on my files just the player doesn't play very nice with ID3.2 files. ID3.1 seems to work much better. If you are using flac files just use the basic FLAC tag and remove all other tags embedded to the file. Having multiple tags embedded to your files will cause problems. Use mp3tag to check and make the corrections. I've posted how to do this multiple time already. Do a search on the DX100 FAQ thread and read my posts. The info I posted there can be applied to the Studio V regarding mp3 tag.

By simplifying the tags, it will make loading time faster hopefully. My current boot time with around 3k songs is around 5-10 min....which is kind of long. Hoping that the tagging might help that.

*Nevermind that, I'll just remove all tags/titles and use the resource menu instead. I hope that makes it even faster.

Sep 26, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #389 of 505
Another problem I seem to have is that after I format to fat32 and transfer files a few times, it automatically reverts to exfat somehow.

Sep 26, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #390 of 505
Quote:
Another problem I seem to have is that after I format to fat32 and transfer files a few times, it automatically reverts to exfat somehow.

Did you use guiformat.exe to do the format? Is your card locked on read and not write? There is a tab on the side of the micr-SD to SD card adapter which can make it impossible to write to the device if its moved from its original position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back