RoCoo P DAP - Full Review
Jan 9, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #106 of 505

Quote:
Some people are unable to discern audible differences.

With the difference of components, amp chips, etc, it's virtually impossible for two sources to sound the same.

To me, they sounded almost the same. maybe larger soundstage. The iphone has very good details also. i tried 320 mp3 with my iphone 4 side by side. Maybe its different for flacs?? And i'm just 18 if you think is age that is detering me from hearing the difference. 

Jan 9, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #107 of 505

Quote:
To me, they sounded almost the same. maybe larger soundstage. The iphone has very good details also. i tried 320 mp3 with my iphone 4 side by side. Maybe its different for flacs?? And i'm just 18 if you think is age that is detering me from hearing the difference. 

don't take it too hard. just enjoy your music

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #108 of 505
Give it a while. These break in a lot more than an Ipod. I also didn't find it more insightful but still less ringy than my touch when new but now it just smokes it. I never really found them sounding the same as you are but at this point I do find the Rocco clearly better on IEMs where it was not a big deal with stock FW when new. The RoCoo always shows better drive capability for cans. Here's my comments from another thread.

I just received my 2nd RoCoo-p. I'm happy to report that I wasn't crazy regarding the sound and my original thoughts on FW. These clearly break in to a great player. This unit sounds just like my 1st did when new. It's a bit congested and lacks some top extension and detail. It made me long to get that top articulation that my run in player now displays extremely well with the stock FW.
bigsmile_face.gif

If you'd like more top extension and ambient decay out of the box, just give it a while and I think you'll find it a wonderful device. I really have to say it sounds great as currently delivered (once run in) and has a nice sense of authority and control without any heavyhandedness while still having good note weight and plenty of detail. 

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #109 of 505
I have a feeling the Rocoo P will pair with a more variety of headphones/IEMs than the Studio V can. At least from a synergy stand point. My Studio V sounds atrocious on my FX700s but simply amazing on my IE80s. I've also haven't burned the device in as you have and I am already impressed. Hope to be more impressed (ie2han seems to feel the player has improved with usage as well...).

Quote:
Give it a while. These break in a lot more than an Ipod. I also didn't find it more insightful but still less ringy than my touch when new but now it just smokes it. I never really found them sounding the same as you are but at this point I do find the Rocco clearly better on IEMs where it was not a big deal with stock FW when new. The RoCoo always shows better drive capability for cans. Here's my comments from another thread.

I just received my 2nd RoCoo-p. I'm happy to report that I wasn't crazy regarding the sound and my original thoughts on FW. These clearly break in to a great player. This unit sounds just like my 1st did when new. It's a bit congested and lacks some top extension and detail. It made me long to get that top articulation that my run in player now displays extremely well with the stock FW.
bigsmile_face.gif

If you'd like more top extension and ambient decay out of the box, just give it a while and I think you'll find it a wonderful device. I really have to say it sounds great as currently delivered (once run in) and has a nice sense of authority and control without any heavyhandedness while still having good note weight and plenty of detail. 

Jan 10, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #114 of 505

Quote:
That's kind hard to believe. Almost like magical fairy dust lol. Well I guess only time will tell but that amount of time is quite exorbitant to expect changes to occur throughout.

I know, it is hard to believe. I can't imagine which capacitors need such aging process. Only scientists can provide answers for this kind of things, can't they?

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #115 of 505
Nice to see they thinned down a studio box for the new rocoo and that it appears to retain the Hisoundaudio sound, but it still hisses with IEMs... seriously? Now there's no excuse since this is a portable player meant to be used with portable headphones and not full sizes. Same old inconvenient UI... tiny screen... surprised they added in EQ now. Anyways, what I really want to know is that if this player and/or the included earphones comes with a 60% ish failure rate like its apparent predecessor, the AMP3?

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #116 of 505

Quote:
I know, it is hard to believe. I can't imagine which capacitors need such aging process. Only scientists can provide answers for this kind of things, can't they?

I'd figure the capacitor's are more likely to burn out with that amount of usage than its sound changing due to that amount of usage lol. I must admit thought that this player sure has opened up within the short amount of time I've used it. Probably 30+ hours so far. Still not holding my breath on major changes past 300 hours though but you never now :wink:.

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #117 of 505

Quote:
Nice to see they thinned down a studio box for the new rocoo and that it appears to retain the Hisoundaudio sound, but it still hisses with IEMs... seriously? Now there's no excuse since this is a portable player meant to be used with portable headphones and not full sizes. Same old inconvenient UI... tiny screen... surprised they added in EQ now. Anyways, what I really want to know is that if this player and/or the included earphones comes with a 60% ish failure rate like its apparent predecessor, the AMP3?

Mine is working perfectly but I am experiencing just as u said hiss with 20 Ohm iems. 
I can say that although the UI is simple Im very happy with it, feels kinda old school, spec with those buttons.

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #118 of 505

Quote:
Mine is working perfectly but I am experiencing just as u said hiss with 20 Ohm iems. 
I can say that although the UI is simple Im very happy with it, feels kinda old school, spec with those buttons.

Are you gonna get an impedance adapter to get rid of the hiss? I figure its a small price to pay for such a great player.

Jan 10, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #119 of 505

Quote:

I think they have improved the Studio/Rocoo-P a fair amount since the days of the AMP3. The build quality is improved, The design looks better , FW is much more stable and it plays many more formats than before and finally sound quality is also better. There's still hiss, but it's significantly less that the with the AMP pro.1/2.  So far I have had the Rocoo-P for around a month, used it daily and encountered no issues. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back