RoCoo P DAP - Full Review
Jan 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #123 of 505

Quote:
Are you gonna get an impedance adapter to get rid of the hiss? I figure its a small price to pay for such a great player.

I dont know, but Im tempted since there is a special offer for us rocoo buyers to buy one for 30 bucks with shipping.

Since the hiss is high im using it for the most with some head-direct-re1 iems with 150(!) ohm and there is absolutely zero hiss with them, im really happy with that combination but they (the iems) are bass lacking, so anything that isent bass heavy (EDM) just sounds great. Love the soundstage and separation btw. Oh, and the player has zero prob driving those iems.

But since I think the player itself lack in bass (I listen mostly to EDM) I dont know if I want to pour any more money into the player.

My own personal conclusions:
Rocoo P = Sounds great but im unhappy with the bass no matter the IEM.
Rocoo P + RE1 iems = No hiss and great for anything thats not EDM or has a lot of bass.
Rocoo P + VR06 + Ohm adapter = I dont think its worth it since the bass wouldent improve and I have better and hiss free headphones for bass light music.

Jan 10, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #124 of 505

Quote:
I dont know, but Im tempted since there is a special offer for us rocoo buyers to buy one for 30 bucks with shipping.

Since the hiss is high im using it for the most with some head-direct-re1 iems with 150(!) ohm and there is absolutely zero hiss with them, im really happy with that combination but they (the iems) are bass lacking, so anything that isent bass heavy (EDM) just sounds great. Love the soundstage and separation btw. Oh, and the player has zero prob driving those iems.

But since I think the player itself lack in bass (I listen mostly to EDM) I dont know if I want to pour any more money into the player.

My own personal conclusions:
Rocoo P = Sounds great but im unhappy with the bass no matter the IEM.
Rocoo P + RE1 iems = No hiss and great for anything thats not EDM or has a lot of bass.
Rocoo P + VR06 + Ohm adapter = I dont think its worth it since the bass wouldent improve and I have better and hiss free headphones for bass light music.

I find the IE80s to pair very well with the Studio V and it has all the bass I need. Just the perfect match IMO. I purchased a 75 OHM plug from eBay and they can also customize the impedance to your need. ie2han recommended me the adapter and says it gets rid of any hiss on his IEMs and it doesn't affect the sound negatively for him.

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #125 of 505
i agree the bass quantity reduces significantly with the new rocoo P firmware. since jack said all rocoo P starting from january comes with the updated firmware, i understand with the slightly unpleasant feedback about the bass

problem is, i'm using 32gb micro sd. so eventhough i like the old sound signature so much, i will not be able to use it with my sd card
mad.gif

by the way, where can i find cheap & reliable source for micro sd 32gb that ships to Malaysia? i remember some guy mentioned that this goes around $30 currently. i bought mine 46 bucks shipped
mad.gif
mad.gif

Jan 11, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #126 of 505
I don't recall any bass reduction in the new firmware. I compared the old firmware to T51 as well as the new firmware on different time and my impression of the two pretty much is the same.

Jan 11, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #127 of 505

Quote:
Eww... 60 percent failure rate lol those sound like T51 numbers :wink:

Most of these sort of things fail within days and we've had quite few delivered with few issues so things seem pretty good regarding current RoCoo/Studio. The current firmware is also quite functional.

Jan 11, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #128 of 505

Quote:
I don't recall any bass reduction in the new firmware. I compared the old firmware to T51 as well as the new firmware on different time and my impression of the two pretty much is the same.

we'll agree to disagree then. i've learned that long time ago with your t51's bass impression

Jan 11, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #130 of 505
They do get more lithe with run in so that may be some of whats being heard with the FW update. I can't say I heard a big difference either but I barely used the pre Xmas firmware because it was glitchy and the new FW was available 2 days after I received it. Not taking sides here because as I said, I barely used the original FW but both it and the revised FW were a bit too warm for my taste before run in opened it up.

Jan 11, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #131 of 505

Quote:
Most of these sort of things fail within days and we've had quite few delivered with few issues so things seem pretty good regarding current RoCoo/Studio. The current firmware is also quite functional.

Agree. The old firmware tends to crash with a few of my album that have slightly bigger album art (which I have to remove manually to get the RoCoo P stable). The new firmware doesn't seem to have that problem any more.

Jan 11, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #133 of 505

Quote:

At amazon.com they are priced within the $30.00 range. I'm quite tempted to pick up another card at this price point. I'm also kinda POD that I could have gotten 4 of these cards now at the price I had paid for the current 2 I have now...
mad.gif

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #134 of 505

Quote:

At amazon.com they are priced within the $30.00 range. I'm quite tempted to pick up another card at this price point. I'm also kinda POD that I could have gotten 4 of these cards now at the price I had paid for the current 2 I have now...
mad.gif

ouch, amazon.. that place is not non-US resident friendly
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back