Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Nov 17, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #1,891 of 2,020
I have that "problem", although it doesn't really bother me that much. I only get one or two brief (barely noticeable) dropouts, sometimes, all within the first 10 seconds of play after powering up the device. I've found that it seems to happen almost exclusively with mp3 files - it never happens with flac files. 

Common occurrences I've seen :

- After power up.
- After adding new music & USB disconnect
- After update & commit database.

I wonder if waiting minute for the system to settle down after power up before pressing play would make a difference?

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #1,892 of 2,020

- After power up.

I wonder if waiting minute for the system to settle down after power up before pressing play would make a difference?

Never had that issue.
Set to "auto resume" as well.
Using FLAC only though.

Cheers.

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #1,893 of 2,020

- After power up.

I notice it also when I set auto change directory - random. It happen when new folder is pick up.

Nov 18, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #1,894 of 2,020
Does the behavior change if you change the cpu governor in system settings?
Interactive or ondemand are regular governors while powersave keeps the prceasor on the lovest frequency. Preformance keeps it on the highest freuency.
It would be interesting if you could play around with governors and report back if it has an effect on your microcuts.
With my 64GB fat32 card i dont have microcuts...

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #1,895 of 2,020
Interactive or ondemand are regular governors while powersave keeps the prceasor on the lovest frequency. Preformance keeps it on the highest freuency.
It would be interesting if you could play around with governors and report back if it has an effect on your microcuts.

I already tried it, and I didn't notice any difference.

Nov 22, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #1,896 of 2,020

Mine is set to Performance.

Lately I have been powering up the DX50 1st, making sure it & the screen boots Rockbox successfully and measure the battery left; and then I power the pre-amp & amp giving the system time to settle. The microcuts have been rare using this sequence.

Nov 29, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #1,897 of 2,020
I noticed, that I have issues. My card is Sandisk 32GB, ultra. By now I formatted to exFAT, but no matters.. On rockbox sometimes, when I skip track to track, music stops on few sec. (music most in FLAC, few in MP3), then I have to make a "hard reset". Identical situation I have on Mango. In folders I had only files with music, no other files like .ini, .cue., m3u, txt, etc.
Second problem was when I clicked on volume (+) wanted to increase volume-one channel stopped playing, then I had to make a hard reset (there was once time like this).

Previously I had fiio x5, never that stupid problems..

Someone will help me?

Nov 29, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #1,898 of 2,020
Sounds like a hardware problem of some kind to me. If it's happening in both mango and rockbox. I'd try restoring it to as close to original firmware as you can, see if that makes any difference. If not, try formatting your card to fat32, see if that helps. 

Nov 29, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #1,899 of 2,020

Problem had been also before I flashed to rockbox (card I had in FAT32 then exFAT and today I left on exFAT). I didnt try on Rockbox FAT32, I wonder, that doesnt matter, of course mSD over 32GB are in exFAT and they work. In dx 50's thread guys wrote that issues cause by Sandisk cards. "Coil" says that ADATA Premier CL10 64GB works perfect, so I've bought it - In thusday I check it.

"sduck" did you got that problem or similar? You was writing that You noticed on mp3s. Mine is mp3s and flacs.

Dec 11, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #1,905 of 2,020
Settings>Playback Settings> Auto Change Directory must be set to No for this to happen. I think. If you change it to Yes it should jump to the next directory. Or the first one alphabetically if it's the last one currently (again, I think, I don't use that setting). I always use the Random setting for this, and use the plugin to configure random play. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back